after mirena
Hi all,
I removed the mirena after finally realizing all the acne, low libido, weird smell etc were caused by it. It's been gone about eight weeks now and I have my first period which is a huge relief. But I seem to be shedding a lot of hair, which was a symptom I didn't suffer from when it was in. Has anyone else had this after removal and did it stop eventually. This is scaring me :-(
Causes of hair fall   could be like   nutrients and proteins deficiency in the hair cells, emotional or physical stress, hormonal imbalances, dandruff, and serious illness like a tumors, infectious disease and Alopecia areata. All these causes need to be ruled out. Mirena is less likely to cause hair fall. Your hair needs vitamins and minerals to grow that it can only get from the bloodstream. So if you want to speed up your hair growth and thickness you should limit the intake of fat and salts. Selenium, zinc and magnesium are some of the minerals that your hair needs and also amino acids and vitamin E will help in growing hairs.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your reply. I will check out the minerals you mention. I hope this is hormonal and will begin to settle down.