again with the itching
i have had vulvar itch for the past couples months...it comes right after my period and stops in about 5 days. i dont think its a yeast infection..but i dont know what it is. its weird bcause it goes away and always comes back right after my period. i called planned parenthood today to see if they had herpes blood tests but they dont. also i read from Dr. HHH that just itching with no other symptoms is not a sign of herpes. but im still nervous. does anyone ever experience itching like this? it is just frustrating
i do have an odor at the time i experience the itching. it is really itchy on one side of my vagina and only a mild itch on the other? is that pecular? also it always gets the worse after my period and then isnt that noticable the rest of the month. is redness also part of bv? thank you for your comments. im just trying ot figure out what i might have
If it's BV, get to a doctor soon because you really don't want to ignore a bacterial infection in that region and apparently this one has been with you a while.  The only reason I can think of for it to be sorer on one side is if you have had an abrasion on that side and it "took" there harder.  Tampons can be kind of rough on sensitive vaginal tissues.  (Or I guess also if you sleep on that side the most, infected secretions might pool there more, but that sounds kind of ridiculous now that I type it LOL.)  The doc will put you and your partner on a round of oral antibiotics if that is what it is.  Good luck!
if you see this can you give me your thoughts? ive heard youve been called the coochie guru! thank you so much
if you are not experiencing any other unusual symptoms or notice anything unusual in your vagina, i may chalk it up as hormonal imbalance? especially since its right after your period. for ex: some woman get a YI before or after their period.
yes, the "guru of coochie" will help you! she should start charging a fee..LOL
If there is also a smell, suspect BV (bacterial vaginitis).  It is most noticeable at the end of a period too.
Have you noticed any skin changes--wrinkling, discoloration, easy tearing...?  Research lichen sclerosis.
Lol, coochie guru. What a great title. I'm honored ;-)

I think I'd make an appt to see your doctor when you're experiencing this itching (if you need lots of advance notice, just make it for the week after your next period). That way, you can easily explain the symptoms as they're occuring to your doctor, and s/he can actually see what you're experiencing.
I have this same itching too. It always comes right after my period, or sometimes during it if my period is almost over. Sometimes along with the itching comes redness, and if I itch too much, swelling and red bumps. It doesn't happen all of the time, but  it has been occurring more frequently after my period lately. I know it isn't menopause or anything because I'm only 15 years old! I'm not sure if it's a yeast infection or what.. should I go get this checked out? I've never been to a gynocologeist before. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm very worried! Please help!
I'm having this realy bad itching and some redness and a little burning and I just ended my period and that's when it gets bad and I was wondering if I shout be worried about having something or ifitsfrommy tampons because at the end of my period my flow is light but I still use a tampons but itsometimes hurts to take out because its dry I'm only 16 years old and I've had a yeast Inge tionbsfore and I don't think this is what it is PLEASE HELP ME. I need to know ifits something bad or not
Well I go through the same situation after my period and I have all my life. I remember this happening the first time I had my period it is normal among most women. As long as there are no bumps, lesions or discharge I wouldn't worry.  
Let me also correct myself no** unusual** discharge
I have just had 2 days of the same symptoms for the first time in my life and am in the middle of my period    Have had 2 sleepless nights too..  I thought it was a new sanitary napkin I just bought and tried, but changed back to the old ones I used and the symptoms are still there.  Will wait and see if  it stops  after  my periods. In the interim   used PawPaw lotion and has been a great temporary relief. Figure they use it on baby  bottoms so should be safe.   Will report back in a week or so.