am I pregnant or Is it just a lite period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I had a miscarriage on Jan 16th and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant again . My last period was on March 24th. I started spotting on April 22
It was a not like a normal period but it wasn't pink either because it only lasted for about three hour if that and I didn't spot again until today and that was dark  
reddish brown color just enough to put a spot . I am still cramping and have been very moody . my breast are sore and I have had a back ache. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative did I take it to soon ? I am still cramping how long do you wait to take a pregnancy after implantation ? please help me .
With this pregnancy I didn't get a positive until I was 4 days late.  So it could be to soon, or it could be that your body is still going back to normal after your miscarriage.  After my miscarriage, my period came back exactly 24 days after the bleeding stopped and my levels went back to 0 (it was the same day) but the next month i was 7 days late, very light and short.  Sometimes it just takes your body a while to get back to normal.  Good luck and lots of BABY DUST to you!
thanks for the support every month it is like someone is tearing my heart out . I know you know the feeling . I still haven't started I will wait and take a test next week . I hope you have a healthy and wonderful baby I am a daycare worker and I love children .
             thanks and goodluck