anxious about inconclusive blood pregnancy test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Right off the bat before you all hate me, I thought I would explain my circumstances.  I have been with my fiancee for 6 years, and we have been trying for a baby for the last 4 with no joy.  6 months ago I was told by the doctor I had low sperm mobility, and where it is very unlikely 'we' could get pregnant naturally, because the count was ok, we could be candidates for IVF, but my partner would have to be tested to make sure her systems were all functioning correctly.  Now the relationship problems start because she wont go to get tested.  The whole thing kinda put a halt to our sex life. So as many of you can see, I have been suffering the anxiety of many of you for a long time.  Now here's the thing, for financial reasons, and since we blatantly aren't going to ave children any time soon, I work away from home. I love my fiancee, and would never risk our relationship by having an affair with some random, however one of my best friends is a girl, and with consent of my fiancee she came out to Seville where I am working to visit me.  We got drunk, I got depressed, she was comforting me and one thing lead to another, and we ended up having sex.  Because this wasn't planned we didnt have protection, but because she is on the pill (I dont know which one) and my problems, we didnt think anything of it.  This was all about 6 weeks ago.  She had 2 VERY light periods in quick succession, so went to the doctors who did blood tests for a couple of things, amongst which was pregnancy.  They all came back negative apart from pregnancy which was inconclusive.  What I really need to know is how likely is it that she is pregnant?  what are the statistics/facts about 'inconclusive'?  I looked at some similar entries on various websites, nothing exactly answers my question.  Whilst having a child with my best friend isnt ideal, and it is going to cause serious personal problems and I will need to relook at the course my life is going (over seas engineering not allowing me much time to spend with child) I am over the moon about the chance of having the child I have longed for for so long.  Please help, I need to know how seriously I have to start restructuring my life.  BTW, my friend is going back for another test tomorrow morning. Thanks all, sorry about the essay, I am a bit flustered and confused.
I didn't think there was any such thing as 'inconclusive' pregnancy blood test either she is or she isn't? What were the levels? Anything over 5 is a positive by now 6 weeks later she would have HCG in her blood which would show up as a decent level. The 2 very light periods may have been implantation, or miscarriage? It sounds to me like maybe a chemical pregnancy. Did she take a home pregnancy test? The blood test tomorrow will confirm everything.

I hope that you have learned your lesson. I won't be judgmental but think long and hard of what you have done..
first of all.................ur basically asking what are the chances u got ur friend pregnant who is on the pill, correct?

assuming she is infact on the pill and takes her pill everyday, on time, with no interferences, blah blah blah then the pill is 99.999999% effective at preventing baby making. but, if she is lazy about the pill and doesnt take it EXACTLY as directed then knock that 99.9% down accordingly....certain meds can also make the pill not as effective. but really, just being honest here...........i dont know any girl who takes her pills everyday, ontime all the time. it's hard. u forget and then do the infamous "double up" the next day.

a girl can get pregnant when she is ovulating and the sperm meets the egg. period. there is no way to know for sure if it worked this time or not......taking a test is the only way.

inconclusive?? uh, i dunno....id  be concerned.

ur fiance has no idea that u slept with her and that she may be preg?