axillary ultrasound

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

axillary ultrasound

I just had an ultrasound for a swollen axillary node(?) in my left armpit yesterday(I'm 15, i'm using my mom's screen name). The mass is about an inch to an inch 1/2 in diameter and it feels like it goes down deep and is sore and tender. I posted a question about it a few days ago and since then i've gone to get an ultrasound. My doctor said that everything appeared to be normal and couldn't even find the mass on the ultrasound, but how can it not be there? She said it was nothing to worry about and that if it changes she wants me to go back. I have had this for quite some time now, it has gotten progressively worse since March. I don't know what to think, my parents don't seem worried, they said that if the ultrasound didn't show anything there was nothing to be worried about. How can there not be anything wrong? My body is telling me there is, and judging by the pain of it, it IS something to worry about. It's hard in the center (1"-1'1/2") and kind of tapers out to the sides. I just don't understand, I seem to be the only one worried about this.
Avatar n tn
Ask your mom if you can get a second opinion. Listen to what your body is telling you.
Avatar n tn
I was diagnosed with Fibrocystic Breast Disease at the age of 15 and I was wondering if perhaps you have this. It causes lumps or knots in and around the breast which are harmless other than causing mild to severe tenderness and pain. They can also disappear overnight. I agree that you should seek a 2nd opinion if for no other reason than to ease your mind. Listening to your body is always a good idea and should be encouraged. In the meantime, try not to worry too much, as hard as that may be.
Avatar n tn
Do you shave you armpits, and if so, you should stop for a while to see if this changes things for you. I have had lump in my axilla before, and nothing ever shows up either. Other than a node, other options could be a lipoma (fatty tissue clumps), or you may be actually feeling the vein or artery in your armpit (if you are  thin), and by repeated poking at it..irritated it.
Stop shaving, stop touching it (limit yourself to checking it once a week), and try that to see if that helps. Good luck!
KTowne uploaded new photos
35 mins ago
KTowne This pregnancy is going by ... Comment
39 mins ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals