bad clots heavy with heavy flow
I'm 39 - so I'm thinking maybe the excessive clots I'm passing is maybe menapause ? I feel awlful - -started last night just with a flood of blood like I have high blood pressure maybe and today I'm pretty much in the house in pain with cramps and I can't keep a femine product on or in for very long it seems  - - not without flooding it .... I was told I have a underactive thyroid a year ago and a high prolacten test and I was on some thyroid medication about 3 - 4 months ago - - started trying to loose weight and control my diet without it  - - doesnt seem to be working - - I just really feel bad - - what is a d c ? i read alot of post and I kept seeing that ?
HI,
The excessive bleeding can be a part of the hormonal problems that you are having. However it is necessary to exclude local issues like endometrial hyperplasia, and fibroids. An ultrasound scan may be done. D&C is a minor procedure that is done to obtain the endometrium for histo-pathological examination.
Hope this helps. Take care.