bad smell in the vigina(vagina)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bad smell in the vigina(vagina)

i have had a really bad smell in my vigina (vagina) for like 3 or 4 weeks now. the discharge smells really, really bad. it smells like really bad cheese or soemthing. the discharge is white and sticky and lumpy. every time i go pee it burns really bad and i can smell it too. my vigina (vagina) is sometimes itchy and it burn most of the time. this is my first time feeling like this and im scared that its something bad. every time my boyfriend gets close to it he just backs away because he cant stand the smell of it. when he was fingering me he said that something wasnt right. it was swollen and a little bit rough too. my boyfriend was my first to have sex and i was his first too. at first i thought it was because i was going to get my period but when i got it it still hurt when i went pee and it also smelled some. this period wasnt the same as my other ones. i didnt bleed as much. it only bled for like 3 or 4 days. the 5th and 6th day brown stuff came out instead of blood. can somebody please help me.
The itching and burning paired up with the white lumpy discharge sounds like a yeast infection. I'd suggest going to the doc though, just to be sure.
That my dear sound like a yeast infection go to the drug store and buy some canestin. No sex or touching either for like a week so the swelling can go down and keep it clean, make sure your boy toy washes his hands.
Sounda like u have an infection u should go 2 the doctor a.s.a. p 2 be sure
Could be a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis.  Go to the doctor to make sure.
I agree. I had this once and thought it was a yeast infection, however it was bacterial vaginosis. Usually that's the one with the horrible smell. Also, you may want to be careful as even dirt from his finger can irritate you.  Go to the Dr. fast so you can get the medicine to clear this up.
usually a yeast infection does not smell. bacterial vaginosis does. either way you have to see a gynocologist to diagnose you. if its a yeast infection, you can buy an over the counter cream to clear it up. if its BV you cant get something yourself. you need antibiotics/prescription. dont let this go, you can cause more reproductive problems for later on if you wait too long or ignore this.
Contrary to some of the responses, yeast infections usually do not cause strong odor.  On the other hand, your description of "white, lumpy" discharge sounds more like yeast than anything else.

Nobody should use over the counter yeast treatments unless they know for sure they have yeast.  You have no way of knowing for sure until and unless you see a health care provider.  If your provider diagnoses yeast infection, it may be safe for you to treat yourself if the same symptoms occur in the future.  But it is never safe the first time.  Do not risk delayed diagnosis and treatment of something else, like bacterial vaginosis or an STD (if you are sexually active).

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
It could also be yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis.  When i went to the dr she said that it could be a couple of things, but it only turned out to be BV. so you really need to go to the dr!
thatnks doctors on web.

Mine is not iching neither is there any burns but there is this odor from my vigina (vagina) that is realy bad.  Waht could be responsible for this
Well, i have herpes cause by my parner, and lately i'm having very bad smell coming from my vigina (vagina), i take my med for herpes which i have in control, but my concern is should i be wear if its std that my parner have transmited again, and should i go to the obgyn with him, so he can be treated.
i have a really bad and i mean bad smell in my vigina (vagina) please help me is there any thing i can use to make it go away help
You need to go to the doctor and get tested for vaginal infection and STDs, both of which can cause vaginal odor and foul smelling discharge.  Don't try to treat it at home.  Good luck!
what is the brown stuff that comes out of the vigina (vagina) when i am not on my period untill next week?
hi i have reali bad lumpy discharge and it is realy itchy and once it starts itching it doesent stop and the lumps are a off white colour what should i doo please help
i think everybody should go to the hospital because i have a bad smell too  and i do not know what to do
Imm 12 Years Oldd Ndd . I have a really bad vagina Smell=( ANdd I don'tt knOee WHyy I Havee It ...Buhtt idkk (I DOn'tt knOee what it could be) Ndd . imm a VIRGIN of course Buhtt WHyy Doo I have this really bad smell?*.
ADdd Mhee EveryOnee=]]
i ate this african-american ladys vigina (vagina) on a one night stand and i think i have a yeast infection in my throat and my tongue is covered with green discharge what should i do
what is that brownish fluid that will come out to my vagina?
Hi, I have a bad smell down there, almost like an ammonia? and a clear white then discharge. Also, it hurts when i pee sometimes and sometimes afterwards ill get a really bad itch or burning feeling down there. could this be a bad case of an UTI ? or a yeast infection? or BV ?.... i havn't been sexually active latley, so whats another way i can get one of these? someone please write back!, i need help!