bathing after sex when TTC
Ive recently read articles on here both pro and against douching. I dont as a rule but it did get me thinking about at what point after having intercourse is it ok to bathe to give the sperm the best chance to do its job? And sorry really getting to the nitty gritty now but should you douche the old sperm out to make the new more effective if you know what i mean.  I had a miscarraige last sept and havent had any luck since. trying not to get anxious but want to help as much as i can. Thanks V
i don't really think it matters. if you are trying to conceive are you doing it at the right times, charting and checking cm? also sorry for your loss.
em
I dont think it would be good to do alot of douching since it disrupts the pH in your body.  And if your TTC your not suppose to douch when pregnant so why not treat your body as if pregnant? Such as no smoking, alcohol, etc.  If you are BBT charting and such then you should know around what times of the month to BD.  As far as bathing after BDing then I would try to wait 30mins to an hour after.  Try laying on your back after BDing with your hips elevated...gives the sperm a more direct way to swim.
I would bag the douching altogether. I am not a fan of it, never have  been. In many cases, it does more harm than good. You don't have to worry about "clearing the way" for the new sperm, they find their way. Besides, you never know which bugger is going to be the lucky one, sperm usually lives 48-72 hours on the average (though some will claim up to a week, it is rare and nearly impossible for sperm that old to fertilize the egg)

The one thing that has always gotten me pg, upon "finishing" i simply stay in bed, rather than getting up to use the restroom. I don't prop my hips or anything, I just lay down. I try and stay flat for at least 10 minutes, at which point I get up and use the restroom.

Good luck!!

Andi
Douching is bad for you (says every doctor) and will probably disrupt your chance of concieving.  Your body knows what it's doing all on it's own!!  :)
I also heard bathing after sex can kill sperm (old or new).
Your best bet is to let the little "sammy sperms" make their
way for a while before you bath.  I have also hear douching is
bad, but my mother swears by it.
bad, but my mother swears by it.