belly button bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

belly button bleeding

why does my belly button bleed? I hurts once in while . i was told to use triple onintment and rub it in my belly button it works for a while then it starting in again why. help me please
Hi, i have something similar. Once in a while I'd get a sore belly button. A few months ago it hurt so bad I went to a&e, they thought it was an umbilical cyst that had become infected but could do an ultra sound to confirm as it was a weekend (5am sat morning) so I had to wait till Monday. So I went to sleep for a few hours, woke up about 10am Saturday morning and my belly button was bleeding quite a lot, also I had sort of a puss like discharge. This went on for about an 20 mins then stopped. When I went to have my scan on Monday they found nothing and concluded that the cyst must have ruptured. They did mention there were a lot of reasons you belly button can hurt and bleed so it's always worth a trip to the doctors and an ultrasound scan
what did they do to you
I have been dealing with a bleeding belly button for the last 3 years,I have gone to 3 specialist.with the last one telling me today to try using peroxide on it 2 times daily,I told him I had used peroxide when this problem first started but it didnt seem to sink in to his thought process.I am so frustrated with dealing with drs. over this problem.......
I havent gone to a Dr but I have called one about my bleeding belly button. They said I could have a sore in it. the first time it happened several Weeks ago it was very little but this time there is more. I am trying not to panic but its hard.
Me too. Thst's why I'm researching. Ive had this problem for years. About 7-8. It doesnt hurt its like s volcsno thst errupts whenever & smells reslly bad. I use alcohol &  QTips to clean it very deep. I also shower every day. When I hsd my htstorectomy about 6 yesrz ago the outside would heal but the inside kept getting infected fof 6 months until they decided to put thid sucking mschine on me. In less then a week I was find & had bearly s few drops of liquid.
I also get scarred thinking this may be csncer.
Sounds like a fungal infection... Try using hydrogen peroxide, Salt water, and anti-fungal creams.  Also, try atletes foot spray. You can actually get the same fungus for groin area (known as jock itch), belly button, arm pits, and even under your breasts if you are a girl. Just keep it as dry as you can. Trichophyton mentagrophytes is one type that causes blisters of pus. Trichophyton rubrum is more known and is known to be difficult to treat, so keep on treating, even after it stops. I'd keep treating for another two weeks and after that just keep a close eye on it.