birth control pills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

birth control pills

I know bcp's are more than 99% effective if taken on time everyday, I've been in several monogamous relationships and depended on the pill for years. now that I seem to have this awful paranoia that I just can't get rid of, I doubt my pills effectiveness sometimes, even though I take them at 12pm sharp everyday.
does frequent urination affect the pill? like if I take a pill and then go the bathroom half an hour later, does that mean the pill has gone right through me, or does it get absorbed into your blood??? what about diarreah (diarrhea), just how severe does it have to be to cause ineffectiveness?
I bought a BBT and check my temps everyday. they seem to stay around the 97.8-98 range. not much fluctuations no matter what time of month. is this to be expected while on the pill? also, I monitor CM and this also stays the same all month long, for the most part, there is never any with fertile consistency. is this normal of the bcp?
I try to abstain, and I figure maybe that is the only way I will ever live without being terrified of unwanted pregnancy. but saying abstinence is what I should be practising, and actually doing it are two different things.
What would have suddenly made you change your trust in BCP? If it's worked for years, then you're doing something right! And adding a condom to BCP is even MORE safe. But you're right, the ONLY 100% way to not get pregnant is abstinence.
well I went off of it for about 8 months thinking I was going to abstain, and only ended up scaring myself really bad and taking one too many doses of ECP. I've been back on the pill for a few months now. and you're right, condoms should help.
If you're on the Pill, why have you used Plan B so many times?