birth control

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

birth control

I stopped taking my birth contol (Ortho). My OB is the one who stopped it, I am haveing side effects to it, so she is switching me. I start the new one on Monday. It is two days before I am suppose to start my period and I started bleeding two days after I stopped the birth control. Is the bleeding and the birth control related ?
Yes, you are bleeding now b/c you stopped the Ortho. Kind of like you started your placebo/inactive pills two days early when you stopped the Ortho entirely. That's why you started bleeding. Start the new brand on Monday as you were told and your cycle should regulate itself in a month or so. Completely normal so don't worry.