bladder sling problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bladder sling problems

i am having problems with my sling . iam hurting alot down there.i had my surgery done 5 years ago.is this normal?

This discussion is related to Bladder Sling Surgery.
Tags: problem, sling
I`ve had the pelvic sling in for 4 yrs.  I started to have problems the first winter while shoveling heavy slush.  My doctor just blew my complaints off. It now hurts so bad I can`t even walk let alone ride my horse ( the reason I had the surgery in the first place)  I have been off work for two weeks now, due to pain.  I need help now but don`t know who to turn to.  Joan Williams ***@****
I'm so sorry to hear about your problem - and alarmed!  I just had the mess slling on March 19, 2012.  After many years of incontinence issues and trying different medications I opted for the sling.  I had thought about the older birch procedure, but my doctor (one of the best in the city of Pittsburgh) said if it were her she'd do the mess sling.  Less than a month out  I'm already regretting it.  I've had lots of blood in my urine the last few days, pain and infections.  I see the doctor on Wednesday.  If I get any encouraging news I'll pass it along.  Good luck.
Jean60
I have had the bladder sling procedure done now 3 times (the original time and 2 revisions).  Still having problems, which include pain in my upper leg area, pain in my vaginal area, pain during sex, alot of scar tissue and still have leakage.  I will be going back for another procedure in July and hope this works this time.  It's very depressing thinking you have made the proper decision and still have problems.  I have even had one set of Macroplastic, which is injections into the urethra area which was very painful and if the upcoming revision of the sling don't work then that will be the only thing I can keep having done.  I am really hoping not to have to go through that again, it was the worst!  I also just recently went for a second opinion and was told my doctor is doing everything correctly.  Just very frustrating and have missed alot of work due to pain.  Has anyone else had this procedure done several times?
I am having some of the same problems, I have had the procedure twice.  I also have had to have another procedure because of bladder stones.  Then I developed uretha polyps.  I have had several infections. I am dealing with an infection now.  I have stopped exercising because there is blood in my urine sometimes when I exercise. I am scheduled to have another procedure on June 20th
I had this sling done about 5 years ago and in the last 3 weeks have been havingwater  infections and the doctor putting me on antibiotics and its not clearing up, the pain down below is exactly like what you have described. I'm waiting to get back into the specialist who done the procedure.  I'm kinda stressed out of this cause I will hate to take time off work.  I'm from Canada.
Did any of you have low back pain and the feeling of your vagina dropping and pain down leg to knee?
I have put off my surgery and going to try pelvic floor therapy, which i have no idea how i will even get through that since i have so much pain.  The pain has been so bad lately and i keep telling her and they just don't want to listen!  She also has me going to see a kidney dr (go this thursday) for all the blood in my urine.  That was the whole reason for going to the first doctor and the problem is still there and 3 surgeries later!  I am just so sick of bein in pain all the time and nothing being done!  If i knew this was going to happen when i had the first one, i would of never went through with it!  Best of luck to you and please keep me posted.
I can't tell you how much work I have missed over this and the issue is still not corrected!  I am not having the surgery down over right now.  I am going to try pelvic floor therapy, but don't know how that is going to go since the pain is so bad.  I am also seeing a kidney doctor this week and can't wait to hear what they say!  I am just over it and would like to be able to go a day where the pain wasn't killing me!  They gave me pain medicine, but can't take it since I work and my drive to and from is a hour each way!  Please keep us posted and hope you get some answers!
I do all the time. I am following up with a new dr this week to try and get help. I had my done in 04/2011 and have been worse off since having it done.
I had my sling put in 12/21/2012! I regret it every day, I've been in constant pain ever since, burning as if I have a UTI, the urologist told me to just deal with it, gave me pain pills ans an antidepressant.. I'm scheduled to return to work 2/4 , but I'm not sure I can, the pain is more than I can stand.im so depressed the surgery turned out this way. I'm trying to find a doctor close for a second opinion, but I fear I'll just get another, it's not the sling, it's in your head