bleeding after intercourse

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

bleeding after intercourse

i posted before about spotting for one day and no period even though my period is due. but now i had sex with my husband and there was light red blood, but once i wiped it no more was coming out (sorry if to much info). its just gone. i dont know wuts going on. can i still be pregnant? i wanted to wait a few weeks before i took a test to be really sure. but this bleeding during intercourse is freaking me out. pleasseee help
Avatar n tn
I had some light spotting after intercourse and called my doc.  The very first thing they asked was whether or not I was pregnant.  This can be a sign of pregnancy.  I knew I wasn't and they said as long as it dosen't keep occuring not to worry.  They said anytime your cervix is disturbed it could cause a little spotting.  If you are late for your period I would take a test.  Good Luck.
Avatar n tn
I had bleeding after sex in all my early pregnancies... I even had bleeding after bowel movements since that iron in those prenatals was a killer. LOL
Avatar n tn
Hi - I had some bleeding after intercourse when I was about 13 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I freaked out, but it was quite a watery blood (maybe mixed with semen). I went to the hospital and they did a blood test which returned a very good reading. I was so worried but the bleeding didn't continue. The doctor and some internet research informed me that this kind of bleeding can by from 'polyps' which are like tiny little lumps or something at the base of the cervix. They are sensitive especially if aggravated during intercourse and can break causing a little bleeding.

If you don't know if you're pregnant yet you may be experiencing 'implantation' bleeding where the embryo is burying itself into the lining of your womb ready to start growing. Sometimes this can cause spotting. Or else it could be the polyps I was talking about above. Wait and do a test in a few days or whatever and see if you're pregnant. If the bleeding has stopped than you probably don't have anything to worry about I'd say!
Avatar n tn
hi, I had unprotected sex with my partner about 5 days ago and again tonight. This time after sex  I had bled but once wiped away have not bled again. It was quite light, does this mean that i could be pregnant?
Avatar n tn
hi. i had sex last night unprotected and when i went to the bathroom directly after, i had a light brown spotting which has now turned into a bright bright red . i had just had my period a week and a half ago. granted this was the first time i had sex in 9 months. and he is very well endowed. does this mean i may be prego or what???????????? i have never bled such bright red nor have i ever bled after sex. any advice? words of wisdom?
Avatar n tn
Last month I had a cycle but it was very late which is unusual for me being that my cycle is usually around 26 days. Last month however, it was 32 days. I took a test and tested negative. Now, my period is due again and I have given my body the benefit of the doubt, it is now 35 days and my period is a no show. My breasts have been really tender but I don't want to take a test and risk being told no again? What does this sound like to you? Should I test again?
I am 23 and recently had sex with my bf for 1st time on 24th this months.It was a safe sex with the use of male condom .had a few blood spots after sex which i thought were normal. But on 25th morning heavy bleeding started just as i have it in my periods. My periods were supposed to start on 29th. Is it that my periods have started early cauz of having sex , or is it something serious and i should go for a medical checkup. I am really worried , please help me out.
Ok so I'm 20 and me and my man of 7 months have had sex quite a bit but the last few weeks I've started bleeding during sex.... What could this mean?!?
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend when I went to the bathroom I say spotting so I figure it changed my menstrual cycle but I'm bleeding for 3 weeks now I even visited my doctor and she said there's no sign of me being prego she gave me some pillz trust I don't think they are working am so scared right now and all the test are negative
mhv commented on photo
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Des_a_rae commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals