bleeding alot after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bleeding alot after sex

I lost my virginity with my boyfriend recently.I bled the first two times we had sex. The third time we had sex he went in all the way. After, I bled alot. We used a condom and having sex wasnt really that painfull after he was in. Is it normal to bleed after about your third time having sex? Will I always bleed after sex or is there somthing seriously wrong with me?
I forgot to add, I'm not on birth control but Iam on these pills to clear my face so could these pills be causing the servere bleeding
(wasnt on pills until week before third time having sex)
hi there,

first of all, what do you mean by "severe bleeding?"  If it is really severe, like bleeding enough to fill a pad or something like that (and it's not you period), then you need to be checked out.  If it's not really severe and you're just bleeding a little, that's pretty normal.  After my first time, second time, and third time...i bled a little after each time.  Don't worry, it eventually stops. :)
oh also we had to stop during sex because i had to pee, is maybe this somthing bad too. (we had sex sitting)
ok, well the bleeding was alot more than the other times before. there was alot more but it got lighter after. it was very red too. its kind of hard to explain how much i bled, it wasnt enough to soak a pad but cover it probably.
is that really normal, beacuse i was wondering whther i was a freak or not, could you please help me? im really scared...x
I had sex for the 1st time 2 weeks ago and had a brownish discharge for about 5 days, i started my period on the 5th day of the discharge. I had my periods for 8 days which i thought was because i had just started taking birth control pills. I finished my period 2 days ago and had sex that same day, i had the brownish discharge again, then i had sex again this morning and ive been bleeding heavily the whole day, is that normal or should I see a doctor?
my girlfriend and i had sex for the first time the other day and she seems to be bleeding more than normal, she usually has a very heavy period that lasts about 2 weeks because she is anemic however she is not on her period right now she got off it about a week before we had sex, its been 2 days and she is still bleeding, enough to fill up a few pads, so WTF is going on with that?
hey i am bleeding after sex but dont stop for about a week or so i do have periods is they somthing wrong or what
omg, im kinda the same :/ i just recently lost mine too, we've had sex about 5 or six times so far, over a couple of weeks (i see him every weekend) and every time, i bleed and it really hurts. i thought there was something wrong with me too, but i've had a look around, and it sounds like a vaginal tear. is it blood or menstration? you should be able to tell the difference easly between the two, mines definitly bleeding. my boyfriend is (sorry if this sounds bad!) very thick, and im very, well "small", so i think this has something to do with it, take size and roughness into consideration. we do it a bit hard lately, he goes ALL the way in, if it like that for you too, ask him to be a little gentler for the time being, till your sure your (sorry!) completely stretched out enough. with the tears, what i read said not to aggravate it more till it heals (2-3 days) so absolutely NO penetration (tampons, fingers, anything) so maybe that should help a little :)
i know what your going through, so your not alone!! :)
<3
omg thankyou guys for having this convo!! i am 17 and only had sex about a month ago n i always kinda didnt want to untill then but anyway i decided to n i started to bleed and i felt weird n i had sex again today with him n it happen again... im hopeing mine is the sameas you n i hope it goes away soon cause mine stays for about 3 days kinda leaky then it might be like a dot (sorry bout details) lol but yeah im going to see if it stops after a few more times if not ill go to the doctors... does that sound smart?? i just cant tell an adult n my friend is saying i should but she doesnt have that problem. please let me no what you think i should do.
today i had sex with my bf for the million time but this time it was different. after we had sex i was sore and tender, like usually, and like most times it kinda burnsd on when i pee--but today i went to use the bathroom like 4 hours later and  had a small amount of blood in my underwear. Its not my period becuase i alredy had it like a week ago. whats wrong??
hello my friend recently  lost her viginity for the first time and she did bleed and its been about three days since she did it and  bled but not that much and shes sopose to be having her period soon do you know what this means? or why she bleed  after a couple of days  
Hi,(: just lost my virginity. I've bled and we isn't use a condom. Freaking out ! But the only thing that is wrong with me is that I've been bleeding for about 2 daysnow. No, no pains or anything relating to a chance tht I might be pregnant. But I really want the bleeding to stop. I'm scared that if it doesnt stop soon I could be pregnant? And I'm flipping out about my next period! .... Legit, I feel fine. Like I said : only bleeding. So any thoughts? I NEED TO KNOW tHAT I AM NOT PREGNANT. Please help!!!
Hi,(: just lost my virginity. I've bled and we isn't use a condom. Freaking out ! But the only thing that is wrong with me is that I've been bleeding for about 2 daysnow. No, no pains or anything relating to a chance tht I might be pregnant. But I really want the bleeding to stop. I'm scared that if it doesnt stop sooncould I  be pregnant? And I'm flipping out about my next period! .... Legit, I feel fine. Like I said : only bleeding. So any thoughts? I NEED TO KNOW tHAT I AM NOT PREGNANT. Please help!!!
I recently lost my virginnity and and he told me that it was normal to bleed a bit and i kinda already new that, but then we had sex 2 weeks after and i bled alot and it was kinda embarrasing because i thought it was only supposed to happen once.... is it going to happen the third time ... ?
Recently lost my virginity and it did hurt but the thing is we didn't use any contraception at all stupid I know but I thought he did and he thought I was on the pill but I'm not. I took the morning after pill two days later due to the fact I just didn't know he hadn't used a condom, I've been spotting now for two days. Just wondering is it normal? Thanks in advance for any help!xxx
Hi I'm 17 years old and I had my period twice this month. Me and my boyfriend had sex and it came on the day after. It was not suppose to come on until the end of the month. On the 25 my period came on once again. Should I be worried. I'm not on birth control or anything like that.
my girl friend had sex with me for the 1st time but didnt go all the way in. it is red around the fanny area , and she is bleeding a bare bit is it anything to worry about
Okay soo Its not my first time havin sex but its my first time in almost 3 1/2  years and this has never happened to me not even my first time having sex and im thinking that its because hes thicker than my ex and he was alot more rough but ive been bleeding for about 3hours and im having a little pain in my area can someone pplease help
I need help ..
My boyfriend and I had sex ? Monday and he was tryin to pop my cherry but I was to tight it hurt but it didn't go all the way in and I woke up Tuesday with blood on my panties like if I was on my last days of my period and its Sunday now and I haven't stopped bleeding I'm scared is it normal or how long is it normal to bleed for ?
I had sex for the first time a week ago and
From then I have been bleeding heavy, what's happening, what should I do?
I have the same problem! Me and my bf had sex like two days ago for the second time and I have bleed both times but the second time was much worse. It stopped after a few hours and I don't know why I keep bleeding! It doesn't hurt or anything so it can't be a vaginal tear. But I don't know what's wrong! Will this happen EVERY time or will it stop? Help!
i hd my periods 2 weeks back.n hd sex with my husband  a week back aftr whch i took a i pill n nw m hvng a bright red bleed wit slight pain
no worries all ppl here its natural to bleed during couples of sexual acts.any doubts pm me.
Idk who to answer but, when u first have sex ur body changes, ur hormones change, u can have early periods, heavy periods, no periods at all, discharges, all this things, what I dnt see normal is bleeding so much after 3 times, mayb he is jst being to ruff, tell him to chill nd b nice
I made my 67 yr. old friend bleed, I thought I rebusted her cherry, I felt awful. I should go in too deep huh?