bleeding and on the pill
Hello, I have recently started taking the pill (levlen ed) to stop having a period when I am on holiday. I have been on it for 2 1/2 weeks and have been bleeding regularly for the last 9 days. My normally good skin is awful. If I stop taking the pill today, will I have a period, and then go back to normal, or will I keep bleeding like I am now until my next cycle (in 1 1/2 weeks time)
If I continue taking it, will the bleeding subside? I can't see the point if the idea was not to have a period and now I'm bleeding constantly! But I also don't want to mess up my cycle any more than I already have.
Thank you in advance!!
You have got to give your body longer then 2 1/2 weeks to get adjusted to the pill.  It can take 2 to 3 months to get adjusted.  If you stop taking it now, whatever you do don't quit cold turkey, because you will be messed up worse then you are now.  I was like that with my skin when I was on the pill, before I started the pill I never had a blemish, and then while I was taking the pill I got them all the time.
I will say one thing though, When I was getting married, the doc had to switch my pill for some reason or another, well the pill he switched me to wasn't giving me enough estergen to stop my periods, so I was having a period all the time while on it, so after a couple of weeks of that the doc switched me.  He switched me though because I didn't want to be on my period when I got married.  
I would just give your body a little more time, and yes if you stop the pill you may throw your system off, and have a bigger period or longer period.  Unless you are the select few that can just stop the pill and have no troubles.  
Give the pill at least a couple to three more weeks to see if things change, and if they don't go to see your gyno and try another pill as not all pills work for everyone.