bleeding cervix / I'am 66 year's of age

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

bleeding cervix / I'am 66 year's of age

hello there. my mother is 65, and she has had bleeding before. like two years ago. it was thought to be from her blood thinners. and it was lessoned, the blood thinners.  it was found that it was coming from the cervix finally this morning from our family doctor. she mentioned to me that it was very murky blood. this morning. her last scrapping was like in the 1970's. at the moment she is on dialyisis. and a lot of meds. I'am very scared to lose her to this possible danger thats happening to her.
she does have once in awhile a pain on her left side aswell. on her abdomen. we are waiting for results, that won't be until after christmas. this is weighing very heavy on my mother and me. not what we were hoping for christmas. please help!
Avatar n tn
I really have no advice as to what could be going on with your mother but I didn't want you to think that your question was ignored.

I really hope and pray that everything will be ok with her and you.
Avatar n tn
bleeding cervic at 66...you need a hysterectomy...period.
otherwise you might hemorague and die.
Avatar n tn
gee, that would make me sit up and take notice! i have no idea and am sorry for not being able to respond but if someone else knows something... some type of advice, id take it.
Avatar n tn
To say that she MUST have a hysterectomy or she might die is awfully presumptious. I am totally floored that someone would say such a horrific and frightening thing with very little information. And how dare you say something that would scare the living daylights out of someone! It is fine to encourage someone to seek immediate medical attention, but to tell them that they have no other options other than a hysterectomy is rediculous! ONLY her doctor could say that for sure. Sorry but I am just outraged at this. This is a perfect example of why people should think before they speak.
--J
Avatar n tn
women who bleed irregularly, older, near menopause (especially) can have irregular bleeding.  Many, many woman have fibroids which cause heavy bleeding.  When a woman has irregular bleeding she should see her doctor.  Ultrasound of the uterus, ovaries, etc should be done.  A D&C, and other procedure can be done to hep eliminate bleeding.  However, if you don't address this accidents can happen.  You can hemorrage, etc.   Go to a ob/gyn
scaredlady86 commented on Tired of Genital Burn...
4 mins ago
T Spine Dumbbell Twist | Trunk Rota...
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
5 Minute Hip Pain Workout
22 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals