bleeding during sex? is there something wrong with me! help. read this ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bleeding during sex? is there something wrong with me! help. read this one.

I'm a 17 year old female.  When I was 15 I had sex for the first time, right after that I got checked out to make sure everything was okay as I was always told to go to a doctor after the first time you have sex.  I then didn't have sex again until I was sixteen, just last summer a few times,  and everything was fine and it was with only one person.  Since summer I have had sex numerous times with the same person.  About 5  weeks ago I bled while we were having sex,  but afterwards I didn't bleed at all. I've had what I'd consider "rough" sex before, and haven't bled, and now when it's slow as he's afraid of hurting me I do! I know its not an STD because my guy has been checked and hasnet been with anyone since, and I was checked after the first guy. Ive had sex in a hottub and one of my friends says that could be a possibility as why it is happening, but I doubt it. I even waited it out a month to see what happened and just the other day the same thing.  It's not overly heavy, or thick, but it's embarrasing.  I hate hate hate going to doctors, and don't want to tell my mom, as she would disown me! I'm not on the pill, there is no other reasonable answer! can someone help me? please I just want this to stop. . . any advice?!?!
thanks
Jen
Sometimes, when you have an STD, you can bleed after sex. I believe it is Claymidia . It never hurts to get tested.Good luck
If you don't feel comfortable talking to your mom about it.You can go to your local health dept and get tested for std's.You should also look in the STD forum archives. There might be some related posts in there.
I want to put in my imput. Just because a guy tells you that he that he doesn't have anything does not mean that you need to believe him. The major important thing here is you need to wear condoms or some kind of protection to prevent diseases. I am not saying birth control that stops you from getting pregnant. You need protection from diseases. You are very young and at this rate without protection, you are going to be in trouble when you are older. AIDS is very rapid right now and there is no cure for that. You need to listen to these womens' advices and go get checked out. Don't blow this advice off that I am going to gice you. BOYS AND EVEN MEN WILL TELL YOU THAT THEY DON'T HAVE ANY DISEASES OR STDS TO GET IN YOUR PANTS BUT REALLY, HOW DO THEY KNOW. SOME STDS DON'T SHOW SYMPTOMS UNTIL LATER AND AIDS DON'T SHOW UP IN YOUR SYSTEM SOMETIMES UP TO 5 TO 10 YEARS. IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME TO GET AIDS. DON'T TRUST. STAY ON THE SAFE SIDE.
do you have any pain during sex?  could be a cyst, just a thought.  go see the doctor.
I have to agree with the other posters. I'm not intending to be preachy...but Having sex is  big Responsibility ..and with it comes other responsibilities. Responsibilities to YOURSELF and others....Like regular testing, getting on Birth control. If someone has an STD like claymidia, and does not get treatment for it, it could turn into a ful blown PID infection.I urge you to please go get tested. Even if you and your boyfriend have both been tested.
bleeding during or after sex can also be a sign of a cervical problem. If you don't want to tell your mom you need to go to the local health department or planned parenthood. You need to get checked. Do not play with your body. It is giving you a warning sign. Listen to it!
Actually, spotting after intercourse is a major symptom of chlamydia.  A negative test for your bf is not proof you don't have it.  So the first thing to do is to go to your doctor to be tested yourself, like it or not.
There are other things that can cause spotting or bleeding after sex, and you aren't helping yourself by relying on home remedies on the internet to diagnose and treat yourself.

What form of bc are you using?  If you are having sex, you should be on some form of birth control if you don't want a baby.  Even if you are on the pill, you should also be using a barrier method such as condoms to protect yourself against STD's unless and until you are in a committed exclusive relationship.
I don't know I don't think its clamydia (chlamydia) because I have no other symptoms.  Also, if I have only been with one other guy other then my boyfreind and I was tested after wards , and my boyfreind has been tested becasue I was to afraid to which came back negative then how could I ? Although it is a possibility....I just dont really like the doctor thing I have a bad experience and thats why I am resulting to the internet in home of home remedies.
I am bleeding during sex. Not after. afterwards Im completely fine!  My boyfriend I know has none becaue I was with him when he went, but I suppose I can get tested to see. . . it'd be weird if I did.  I've never had unprotected sex or anything like that..hmmmmmmm thanks though.
You seem to be in denial - Everyone has given you all sorts of possibilities and you just keep coming up with excuses.  Just go get checked.  It may be nothing but you really should be checked anyway.
Just an FYI--you don't always have symptoms when you have an STD.  My sister had chlamydia and had no symptoms at all.  You need to be checked out to be on the safe side.
MH
It is also a sign of cancer of the cervix.  A good pap smear should clear up any questions.
You've recieved all sorts of POV's of what it could be, but I want to add this. I knew someone that bled everytime she had sex with certain guys. No history of STD's, perfectly healthy, she's just small down there, and at certain times, she bled. It didnt necessarily come with pain, it was just appart of her anatomy. So, if all else fails, and everything is fine, take into consideration that it's just the way you're body was made. :-) Sometimes our bodies do strange things that are unexplained.. It's what makes us all different. :-)
Yeah that's what my friend told me.  I've always been small down there and it started happening when I startd dating this guy, which isn't overly big, but pretty long...but I still don't know.  She said it's probably just something that my body needs to get used to with time.
okay thanks
Bleeding during sex, bleeding after sex.  Matter of semantics.

The point is, YOU need to be tested, and to have the matter addressed in a responsible way.  And to discuss bc and STD protection with your doctor.
Hi jenny, I read your comments and am having EXACTLY the same problems, have you been tested yet? Im really scared of going to the doctors, im scared what they're going to tell me.
If you have any advice, drop us a line,

***@****

Thanks!
I'm 18 and a half nearly 19 and Me and my boyfriend are experiencing similar problems! Every time we have sex I bleed after and during. It really made me feel sick last night because he ended up having blood on his bed. I've slept with other men before him and have never had this issue. It's really getting me down now. My boyfriend and I thought that maybe his penis is too large for me and thats the reason to why i'm bleeding but i thought that it maybe an STI. I'm worried now so tomorrow I'm going to the clinic to get checked out. Better to do it sooner rather than later. My Ex boyfriend, The one before my now current boyfriend, had two timed me so i decided to get an STI test done because i was scared so if i do have an STI. Luckily i didn't have an STI. So if i do have one now it will be from my current boyfriend now. Me and my current boyfriend used lube last night hoping that would help but it obviously didnt. The blood was a dark shade of red and was defenetly not a period. I came off two weeks ago. I'm on the pill aswell but I do have unprotected sex because i enjoy it more than with a condom. Please help me with advice because this is destroying my sex life. I do however enjoy having sex but its not exactly a turn on for me or my boyfriend when there is blood. Please write back if anyone has advice, P.S If i have an STI do I tell my boyfriend? because he may have it to? thankyou xxxx
lol soz posted this message 3 Times, I'm a dumb blonde sorry xxxx
Ok I had the same thing and it was nothing major, it was a sore on my cervix.  You need to go to the doctor and she will treat you in her office, it is really not a big deal.  It will continue and get worse if you don't get it treated and eventually you will be so swollen and sore with infection you won't want to have sex.
i am 18 neally 19 and i am with an older man just resently i have started to bleed whilst havin sex i am so worried it has never happen with any of my ex bfs can any one help with my prob n give me sum advice plz thanx
im having the same problem.
ive never bled before; EVER.
everytime before we used a condom.
but this time we didnt.
could that have to do with anything?
ive been reading your comments and everything and i kinda have the same problem... im dating this guy and i was a virgin and we just recently had sex for the first time for my birthday and i just got off my period about a week ago and he popped my cherry and now everytime we have sex i keep bleeding during it and sometimes after...whats wrong with it i knw we dont have std's because we just got checked a few days ago. So what is wrong with me? please help i need advice.
I started having sex a few months ago and everything was fine, but tonight when we had sex I bled everywhere. We were both virgins the first time we did it. I want to know why I suddenly started bleeding....Does anyone know?
my girlfriend is doing the same thing and she had a sore on her cervix so go get your stuff checked out that might be you problem 2. see we have sex  a lot and she just resently started bleeding after 2 months of us doing it and she didnt knoe what it was so we both got tested and we were clean and after that we went home and did it to see if it was ok again and she bleed worse than ever and she couldnt move.so befor you guys start hurting like she did go to the doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm 18 and having this problem as well. I had sex with my first and second and third and nothing was wrong. Then I met this guy and even though we didn't have sex, when he fingered me, I bled. He was somewhat rough so I figured it was that. After that I had my first gyno appointment and they checked for STDs and I didn't have one. Then I had sex with my first and I bled a little. It was definitely a turn off. We tried again today and at first it was okay (I kept checking) and then just randomly there was some blood. It wasn't like watery though. It was like dry-ish and weird. I thought maybe it was spotting blood or something, but it's so weird and so gross and I always feel horrible and I want to cry. I'm going to schedule an appointment with my gyno just to be safe ASAP.

I also have another problem. I can't feel anything when I have sex. Recently, I kind of feel it. Before, I couldn't get off from anything beside me rubbing my clitoris. Like, fingering myself didn't work and no one else could get a reaction out of me. My third made me feel good sometimes, and when I tried pot (for the first and last time, I just wanted to try it. Stupid teens and experimenting, lol) I felt it a lot. The guy fingering me kind of made me feel stuff and then my fourth did too and I feel good when he's playing with my breasts and stuff but I can't *** what so ever. Is anyone else having that problem? It really ***** to not get anything out of sex.
Wow, that's annoying. I can't... "come" and the other one was "su*ks" lol
ive read everyones comments
ive been with my new boyfriend for nearly 3 months and only for the last 3 day i am bleeding while having sex i dont want to go to the doctors im to scared im to scared to have sex anymore its embarising i just wanna know wa it is please write bk let me now thanx xx
I'm not sure, but I  DON'T think you should go to planned parenthood or go on birth control that stuff is a mess. I know it's embarassing, but tell your mom or some other trusted adult.
My dr told me it was because my husband's penis and my vagina are not compatiable. Meaning he is too big/long for my short my lengh of me inside. Also told me that its an irritable cervix. When the penis hits it, it bleeds because it is sensitive...

But it does not hurt to have things checked out!

Don't be scared dr's see and look at us women daily its there job! They don't car!

Good luck ALL!!
You  can not trust that some guy had not been with anyone but you. Guys especially teenaged ones and even older guess what they lie. The thing about STDS is neither of you need to start with one to end up with one because you are exchanging bodily fluids and your organs are surrounded by a mucos membrane which is a breediing ground for diseases. I am 28 kickn 29 in the butt and I do not trust anyone when it comes to my body. Nobody else is going to  give you thier complete medical history I do not care how well you claim to know them and some stds such as hpv,Hep B come from uncleanly ness or by naturallly occuring bacteria or viruses. I will say this one time and one time only because I am a straight forward person go to library and read. There are stds like aids, syphalis and so on that can mimic other stds and manifest in a womans body and although you think you did everything right it can still be there whenever you decide to have kids and cause your  children  health problems or even cause you to become steril or amenorrhea. I speak from not only being a health care professional  but also from personal experience I was a stupid teenager once just like you and granted I can sit here and message till I am blue in the face but you  wanna continue to live wreckless do not come on line crying about the consquences of your actions.
I have Exatally the same thing..!!
I was a virgin when i met my boyfriend and have been having sex with him only for over a year now but just recently have been bleeding during sex but not after, obviously i paniced at the site of the blood so went to the dr to get it checked out!! They gave me a smear test and a chlamidia test (even tho im sure its not that as he is my only sexual partney and he was tested before i had sex with him) im waiting for the results... nd should find out this week!! Its so worth getting checked out just to make sure everything is okay!
I'm 21 and I have been with the same person for a year now, I am on the pill and before we had sexual intercourse we both got checked for STDs.
I had never bled with anyone else before, and I returned to my doctor to be checked because i was concerned.
When i went to the doctor she said because he was longer than my partners beforehand that was the reason of bleeding during sex because I have a shallow vagina. It seems to only happen when he thrusts fully- so maybe girls try to have slower, softer sex or try some lube to help things along.
Sometimes people arent compatible and if the person really cares about you they will want to make you feel comfortable and adjust so you dont bleed.
I know it is a horrible feeling when you go to the bathroom after sex and there is blood but if there is any doubt in your mind go see a doctor because it is their job- just book yourself into a woman gyno to make you feel less anxious and be 100% honest with them. you dont want a simple problem turning into something larger you cannot fix later on in life
Goodluck
Hi, im a 16 yr old, and me and my partner were having sex one day and afterwards, i was bleeding. Could this be an std possiably, and what kind? or that hes too long for me? please answer back asap im rly scared..
If it was your first time having sex it is completely normal. If not it could be the STD chlamydia, or it could be something simple like not enough lubrication while having sex. Are you on the pill and using condoms? If not I strongly advise you getting on a certain type of birth control at your age. There are so many different things that this could be...so I think its really important that you to go the ob/gyn for a pelvic exam just to get everything checked out. Until you get checked discontinue having sex so that you don't induce any inflammation or cause further problems. Let me know how things go.
i'm 17, my bf and i had sex multiple times now and every time it hurts. the first time we had sex i was a virgin so afterwards i was sore and had a bit of bleeding when i got home, more like spotting. so i thought that was normal but after bout 3 times of having intercourse it hurt really bad and there was bleeding afterwards. like i noticed after using the washroom. then after during another time of intercourse i began bleeding during it. i'm also feeling sore and i feels nauseas after intercourse. i'm scared to tell anyone i'm embarrassed and i want to know if anyone know's what this could be ?  please help !
I have the same problem and I went to the doctor. He told me that I do not have an std but a vaginal infection then he gave me cream to take and after taking the cream I started bleeding when having sex I havnt told my doctor it my mom I was just hoping it would just go away but I recently just had sex and I bled again its SO EMBARRASSING I need some help what should I do?!?!?! :(
I finished my period 4 days ago, and me and my boyfriend ( of 4 months )just had sex ( for like the 10th time in 4 months), we was going at it for a good 40 mins .. Quite rough , he was also fingering me before and during, we hadn't noticed but I was bleeding during and am still bleeding after , not a major amount but I would say a little more than 'spotting'.. This is the first time this has happened, and I don't know why? But I am on the pill however I was on antibiotics a week before my period, would this have made my pill go funny and caused me to bleed?can anyone help me ?? Please ? Email me - ***@****
Well my name is ashley im 21 yrs old. For some reason now when me and my boyfriend have sex i bleed a little. I went to dr to get tested for stds n my test results came back negative.... Thank god. But idk why i bleed? Someone help....
Hey, I just read your post able your problem with bledding after sex and you was on a antibiotic with your birth control....I wanted to let you know that ALL antibiotics weakens your birth control and if you do have sex after taking the antibiotic you need to use a condom for the first month, because your chances of getting pregnet is a lot higher, even taking the birth control! Just be careful with anitbiotics and birth control.I have had a lot of people get pregnet from this same problem....but I hope you get to feeling better and I hope your "problem" gets better.
i decided to look this subject up on google because last night me and my bf that i have been with for 2 years had sex afterwards he noticed that there was blood on him, i cleaned myself up i didnt bleed the rest of the day, i also had just finished my period about 2 weeks prior to this, he thinks it happened because he was going to deep and because he says he has gotten bigger.. but i honestly dnt know. i got tested while he was in jail and came out negative and have not had sex with anyone but him,, so im kind of scared to go to the scared and find out what is really going on
Iam a 16 year old female, I've been having sex with my boyfriend for just over a year now and I've never bleed before, the other day during sex we realised there was a huge amount of blood and I've been bleeding spots of blood since it, what should I do?