bleeding every other week

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bleeding every other week

So I'm 22 and have been bleeding nearly every other week since the beginning of Jan. This began when I started dieting and exercizing on a regular basis, losing 30 lbs to date. The bleeding is a moderate flow and I don't feel bad or anything, I'm just sick of bleeding.I know most of you will say go to the doctor but #1 I don't have time to go because of my school schedule, #2 I simply just do not believe in going to one of those doctors. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem & what was determined to be the problem. I would really like to get that junk out of my but my husband wpn't agree to it because he wants kids so.
This bleeding can be due to intermenstrual bleeding. Main causes of spotting between periods could be due to pregnancy, birth control pills, infection in an area of the body related to menstruation (including the vagina, the cervix and even the bladder). Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia. Your doctor may consider tests like blood sugar levels, thyroid function test, prolactin, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSA), estrogen, and testosterone. Imaging studies, such as ultrasound, X-ray, and CT scan may also be recommended in certain individuals.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I did for the better part of 3 years.  My Mom drug me to a GYN who put me on a low dose pill to regulate my flow.  However a GP can prescribe bc pills.