bleeding for 13 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bleeding for 13 days

I have been bleeding for 13 days. I was 2 weeks late on my period than i started to spot on the third week one day spot one day nothing and so on for one week. the week after the spotting i began to bleed heavy and it has continued now for 13 days, no pains tiny clogging, it has slowed down a little on the 13 day (which is today). Periods before have always been a little heavy for the first 3 to 4 days then regular for the remaining days, usual period is for 6 to 7 days, like clock work never late never early every 28 days until now. I am 45 not taking any bc pills or any kind of medications.  Get headaches here and there i think from losing so much blood.  made appointment with doctor but cant be seen till mid April...should i be worried or am i just entering medipause?
Tags: Period
You seem to be having the symptoms of metrorrhagia(heavy periods). Various factors causing it are endometriosis,ectopic pregnancy,hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus. It may be due to a ruptured ovarian cyst or may be due to endometriosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
thank you for your comment-----a lot to take in.

it went on heavy like that for two more days (total of 15 days) then it went light for a couple more and now today it has stopped i hoping that's a good sign and that it does not come back. Its scary cause my mind go straight to the bad place the big "C", which could be the reason why I am getting headaches.  Doc app is mid April cant wait I'm hoping its nothing serious hopefully just pre medapause. if it does come back I think I am going to go to ER I wont be able to take the wondering anymore.

thank you again