bleeding for 2 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bleeding for 2 months

my mother has been bleeding for 2 months now ans she says that its not at all normal for her to bleed like this she went to the doctor and they told her that she might be pregnant and shes looseing the baby my mother is 43 years old and er tube has been tied since she had my sister and my sister is 17 going on 18 in feb what could be going on with my mom?
I had an aunt that bleed in the same way. When she went to the DR, they told her it was premenopause. She bleed also for 2 months. I would have her check into that.
I'd start with a NEW doctor. The one she has seems WAY to complacent. She needs a more aggressive physician that will look until he/she finds the problem and offers a solution.
Good Luck!
--J
yes tats what i throught he was premenopause my grandmother told her the same thing and she said maybe next month she wont get one at all. much thanks to u all.
Hello!  
   Here's something to ponder, my daughter bleeds about 3 weeks of the month, however when she goes to the chiropractor this cuts way down along with her alergies (allergies).  Deffinitely something to check into, it gives you another opinion, avoids pills that may not be needed.   Best of wishes - and a big Alaskan Hug to you!
I am 25 years old and I have been bleeding for over 2 months. This is the 2nd or 3rd month in a row that this has happened. It is completely out of the norm for me. I used to not have periods at all but for the last year or 2 things became normal and now it's not. I feel sick and tired all the time, I have alot of joint pain and troble eating. I am currently taking metformin (for PCOS) and Provera to help control the bleeding but it is not working. I have PCOS and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 5 years now. My doctor referred me to an endocrinologist ( hope I spelled that correct ). Hopefully we can get some answers for what is going on. If anyone has any suggestions or is going through the same thing please contact me because I feel like I'm going crazy and I can't wait any longer to get healthy and pregnant. Here is my email add. if anyone wants to talk ***@****
I first started with bleedings after sexual intercouse, I ignored it. I then went on to have the DEPO injections which only lasted for a few months. After I came off the depo, I had irreglar periods and pain during sex, although I did have these symptoms during the use of the depo, it wasn' as bad as it was after. I went to my GP and i had to have internal examinations and tests to if i had any seuxally transmitted disease, they all came out negative. So I was then sent to the hospital for a coloscopy. The gynecologist spoke to me in doctor language, I barely understood what she was saying! It was something about cells in the cervix and it was normal for this to happen after coming off the depo. So i went back to my daily life, after a few weeks, i missed a period, the next one came early, before I knew it, I was on my period or was bleeding for 2 months. I then had more meaningless tests at my GP's, same result, no infections, no sexual infections or diseases.
Thankfully the bleedings stopped. Only to have another period 1/2 weeks later. Today, however, after much persistance, I am now going for another hospital appointment after informing doctors that i have a family history of cervical cancer. Even though I have had my cervical jab at 17, it is not all that useful if you already are sexually active. I hope I haven't scared anyone.
I will keep you all posted after what happens today.