bleeding ovarian cyst

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

bleeding ovarian cyst

I have had Lower R side pain x 4 days with a fever, I went to ER with pain I had never had before, they thought it was my appedix, after a CT, U/S and an abd x-ray and labs, I was told I had a
4 x 4 1/2 cm bleeding cyst on my R ovary. I am due for a hysterectomy Oct 4th due to soo many problems, my question is, will they have to take that ovary now also with the hysterectomy?  I wanted to leave the ovaries. What causes a bleeding cyst? Should I worry? I have a follow up appt in 4 days with my GYN doc.

Thank You~
Avatar n tn
they will probably take the bad ovary out, if your left one is fine they will probably leave it. are you close to reaching your "change of life"?.or are you younger. i had been having cronic (chronic) pelvic pain for a while, the thought it was scar tissue so they went in to remove it and ended up taking my right ovary due to large amounts of cysts,and discovered a large uterine fibroid, i ended up having a hysterectomy on aug 3rd, they left my one remaining ovary do to the fact im only 29 and they didnt want to put me into surgical menopause.there is always the possibility that the left one will fail. so...... if your left ovary is fine i would guess they will leave that. good luck
Avatar n tn
How are things since the surgery??  Good I hope. I am very newvous, but it needs to be done. almost 43 yrs old.
Avatar n tn
am worried at the moment with my sister .she as just found out she as an large cyst on her left overy .she had a scan and it as been confimed. she as to go for some blood test .she as not had a period for 8 weeks which is a concere we were told to do a pg test it came back neg yesterday .what do they need blood test for she is only 26 years old .if she needs the cyst removed on her overy will she still be able to have children as she is wanting a baby so much .any help on this matter .thanks......
Avatar n tn
have you checked out hystersisters.com yet? lots of info and a large forum area all the ladies are going to have  one or have already had one.great site you should check it out.
Avatar n tn
the blood test is probably a ca-125 test that detects ovarian cancer, or if she's about to have surgery it could be a hemoglobin,or white blood count maybe. if she is able to keep just one ovary she will still ovulate and everything should continue to work just fine.
Avatar n tn
I am having the surgery vaginaly. For the faster recovery time, thats for sure. Still very nervous through, my pain is still there, not as bad as it was, but still bothersome.
Avatar n tn
i am feeling GREAT its only been about 3 weeks since my surgery and i havent felt this good in 3 years. i had an lavh, what type are you having? if your able to i would definatly ask for an lavh instead of abdominal,there is a much longer and harder recovery time.

Avatar n tn
I hope yoy will find a Doctor willing to try and save your ovary,I personally regret not having explored better options than just removal, Today I have one ovary left at 43 and I am dealing with chronic problems of cyst.Should they cause so much pain?
pb95 happy long weekend my north... Comment
42 mins ago
Anabolic Activator Assessment
7 hrs ago by gymdandee
pb95 commented on photo
Jun 30
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals