blisters on vagina?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

blisters on vagina?

Hi.  I am 21.  I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months, and we are in a monogamous sexual relationship.  We had sex this morning, and it got kind of rough towards the end.  After we finished, I noticed my vagina ached.  After I showered, it was still hurting, so I looked and I have two bumps that appear to be blisters on the opening to my vagina.  The pain has gone away since then, and I don't have pain when I urinate either.  However, I am terrified that these are a symptom of a STD (herpes??).  I am really scared.  Does anyone know if you can end up with blisters from the friction of sex? I can't find any information online about blisters besides that they are a symptom of herpes, and so now I'm freaking out thinking I have herpes.  I'm going to schedule an appointment with the gyno tomorrow, but until I can get in to see her, if anyone knows anything about this, I'd really appreciate the insight! Thanks...
yeah sounds like herpes you should get checked anyway good luck
ok, update on the situation.  I'm in absolutely no pain anymore, and the "blisters" (i'm not sure if that's what they even were), have since disappeared...i'm still a little red down there, but that's it...should i be worried? bc i still kinda am...
you should still go see your gyno about it.
By your description now, it does not sound like herpes.  Herpes would not clear up right away like that.  The doctor on the STD forum said that the blisters would scab up and it would be a while from the time the blisters appear for them to scab and fall off.
listen it could very well be the early stages of herpes....any way i am having the same issue. i am going to the doctors later today i could let you know how it turns out to give you a rough idea of what is going on with you but the other people are right. YOU SHOULD GO TO YOUR GYNO!!!! whats right for one woman may not be right for another it could be a deeper problem i suggest you book with your gyno let them know you need to see sum1 NOW.. just because the pain is gone does not mean the problem is.....it CAN happen again, just keep that in mind
I sometimes get these. My doctor described them as some sort of inflammation of the sweat glands.

Probably nothing to worry, but have yourself checked to ease your worry if nothing else.