Women's Health Community
blocked pores on nipples
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

blocked pores on nipples

Hi, I have noticed within the last two years that I have these blocked pores on my nipples. They are hard little lighter areas just like a black head on any other part of the body save they are only very seldom ever actually black. I had forgot about them for a bit and looked this morning and noticed several on each nipple. I can squeeze the nipple and the hard little plugs come out, just like a blackhead. The thing is, I am not pregnant, I have never been pregnant, I have no clue if this is normal.

I am thirty, I have several ongoing problems with my hormones and am saving up to have an exam as I am worried I have an excess of male hormones, to the point I am suffering hirsuitism and hair loss. This has been all very sudden, many changes in my body are quite frankly scaring the **** out of me.

Any help would be appreciated.

the spots are a whitish/yellowish, I am wondering if this could even possibly be a sign of lactation, or if this is very common and normal and I am worried for no reason.

Thanks

Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I forgot to mention it is on the head of the nipple, not the surrounding area.
Blank
274158_tn?1276350787
I have gotten them arounf the outside of the nipple. I guess that would be where the areola meets the normal skin. I have never gotten them on the nipple, if so I wouldn't pick at them, isn't it sore?? I have never thought twice about them. As long as they are not infected, I wouln't worry and then when you go for your check up, ask them about it.
Blank
they only get sore after I clean them out, ie-squeeze them until they are clear. They are right on the face of the nipple, not around the sides or the areola. They have never been infected so far as I can tell.
Blank
274158_tn?1276350787
Then I would try not to stress out too much about it. Theres nothing you can do until you ask the doctor. If I were you, I wouldn't worry, you'll be okay!
Blank
I am  really surprised only one person replied, I kind of expected this was normal and really only wanted a little confirmation lol.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...