blood test side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

blood test side effects

i'm pregnant and went 4 my routine blood test. once i'd had my blood taken a lump formed instantly from where the blood was taken. i was told this was because i hadnt applied enough pressure afterwards. it should go down within 24hours. is this normal? its quite tender and sore.
Oh yeah, no worries, it will go down. Sometimes they take blood from veins that arnt supposed to be punctured too, I've bruised black and blue from my wrist to just above the bend of my arm and took a few weeks for it to go away.
Check it out tomorrow morning....
You're not supposed to bruise. You had an inexperienced phlebotomist.
I got my blood taken yesterday.  I got a buldge, a bruise, but I haven't started aching from it.  Actually, I cried for an hour afterwards from being in so much pain!
I had a blood test this morning, after it was taken I felt sick and must of gone white as the nurse asked if I was ok.  the next thing i remember was coming round, with two nurses trying to hold each arm which was vigorosly shaking. as I was coming round it felt like a dream state, and felt like a lift going up and down, realising it was my head going up and down. I didn't know were I was and I must of asked the nurse, as I could hear her telling me the surgery name. the nurse the other side asked should we get a Dr but the other one said she didn't think so. Once I had come round and stopped jerking, she asked me to get on the bed and stay till I felt better. I asked if this vigorous shaking was normal and she said yes, then asked me to get on the bed till I felt better. since this happened this morning, I have had a headache, feel very tired and hungover, is this normal as I am concerned i had fit.
I had blood taken a few weeks back, the nurse usually has a hard time finding my vein however that being said my arm swelled up instantly like the size of a golf ball the brusing then came instantly afterward dark / purple last for a about 2 weeks. However I now notice a small ball almost like cartliage build up from where the injection site is that I never had before is this normal ?.