WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
blood vessels popping in fingers
by sun03, Aug 10, 2006
in the last two weeks i have had three blood vessels just pop in my fingers. i was not doing anything out of the ordinary. what could be causing this? should there be a cause for concern?
Member Comments (634)
by kellym, Aug 10, 2006
Honestly I don't know anything about Hepatitis C and don't want to get you all weirded out but I read the other forums when I'm bored and on the Hepatitis one there is a poster whom had a husband having several painful blood blisters on his hands. Like I said I'm sure it's nothing but I thought I would mention it.
by sun03, Aug 10, 2006
its not blood blisters,its a blood vessel under the skin like your vein pops and then there is a bruise for about 2 days then it goes away
by kellym, Aug 10, 2006
I'm sorry, I hope I didn't alarm you. This person said blisters.
by sun03, Aug 10, 2006
thats ok just want to know if i need to be concerned i don't have any insurance so thats why i haven't called a dr.
by santarene, Aug 24, 2006
I also have this symptom. It has been happening for at least 2 years, at least once a month. My blood pressure is 90/60. It usually happens on the palm side of  various fingers, but in April, I had one rupture on my knuckle. I'm very interested in any comments.
by bobbi13, Jul 21, 2007
So what is it??
by nanajo, Feb 15, 2008
Has anyone found out what the broken blood vessels in the fingers mean?  
by Duwa, Feb 26, 2008
this occured when i about 2 months old and in my ears
by Lorraine630, Jun 24, 2008
I've had this problem about 10 years ago.  I would get a ping sensation in any one of my fingers and seconds later it will fill up with blood and look bruised.  I had it once so severely that I went to the emergency room where they gave me meds to open my arteries.  My index finger was so swollen that if I waited a day or two longer it would have gone gangreen.  I've been to vascular surgeons, cardiologists. hand surgeons and regular md's and no one can help me.  This just happened again to my thumb after 10 years and my cardiologist prescribed high blood pressure meds...and I DON'T have high blood pressure, I've been running for 25 years!  If anyone has a diagnosis please share...I know your frustration.