blood vessels popping in fingers
in the last two weeks i have had three blood vessels just pop in my fingers. i was not doing anything out of the ordinary. what could be causing this? should there be a cause for concern?
Honestly I don't know anything about Hepatitis C and don't want to get you all weirded out but I read the other forums when I'm bored and on the Hepatitis one there is a poster whom had a husband having several painful blood blisters on his hands. Like I said I'm sure it's nothing but I thought I would mention it.
its not blood blisters,its a blood vessel under the skin like your vein pops and then there is a bruise for about 2 days then it goes away
thats ok just want to know if i need to be concerned i don't have any insurance so thats why i haven't called a dr.
I'm sorry, I hope I didn't alarm you. This person said blisters.
I also have this symptom. It has been happening for at least 2 years, at least once a month. My blood pressure is 90/60. It usually happens on the palm side of  various fingers, but in April, I had one rupture on my knuckle. I'm very interested in any comments.
So what is it??
Has anyone found out what the broken blood vessels in the fingers mean?  
this occured when i about 2 months old and in my ears
I've had this problem about 10 years ago.  I would get a ping sensation in any one of my fingers and seconds later it will fill up with blood and look bruised.  I had it once so severely that I went to the emergency room where they gave me meds to open my arteries.  My index finger was so swollen that if I waited a day or two longer it would have gone gangreen.  I've been to vascular surgeons, cardiologists. hand surgeons and regular md's and no one can help me.  This just happened again to my thumb after 10 years and my cardiologist prescribed high blood pressure meds...and I DON'T have high blood pressure, I've been running for 25 years!  If anyone has a diagnosis please share...I know your frustration.
I came to this site via a search on spontaneous bursting of a blood vessel in fingers.  This happened to me a few days ago while on vacation.  I didn't injure it or hit it, but suddenly felt my pinkie finger swelling and going numb.  It swelled so tight I thought it was going to burst.  It was twice as fat as my other pinkie.  I used ice, pressure, elevation.  My whole finger turned purple.  It is now 4 days since it happened and it is back to normal size but still discolored and tender.  Since I work in medical, I will ask about it.  Per web search, suspect conditions are high blood pressure and liver dysfunction... as far as I know, neither of these are the case. I am 60 and take no meds.
I asked the Dr at work about the burst blood vessel in my finger.  Turns out, it was caused by 2 factors:  1) I had been taking 2 days of aspirin/acetophenamin for headache AND 2) I had traveled to a location with a higher elevation than home by 4,100 ft.  Both of these can cause a spontaneous bleed of small capillaries in extremities.
A dear friend of mine has this issue also, but she is in constant pain, she can feel the pain go down her arm and then her hand swells and a vessel pops and bruises instantly. She's been to every Dr. there is and no one has an answer.

If anyone ever does get and actual diagnoses please share.

(She doesn't take asprin or deals with elevation issues)
Hi all

This is an intresting one.

Some years ago I was cleaning when all of a sudden I got a pain in my finger it was like a wasp sting when I looked I could see the blue vein which was going very dark and the pain was terrible after a little while it setted down.
Later the same day it happened again and the pain was worse I cold see the vein looking as if it was ready to pop so Of I popped to the hospital several doctors had a look and could not make it out great then they called for another doctor and she said oh its the vein that has popped I get that all the time dont know why it happens, and sent me home. THANKS.

It happened on and off over long periods of time between each one.I have not had it for about 5years anyway it has just happened again I picked up the mop done two stokes across the floor and the pain in my thumb there it was the dark blue vein and the thumb swelled up and has now gone all red.

I have looked and looked on google and I can not find any answers.

Im with son03 on this he one what is it has any one got the answer.
hi i have been getting these burst blood vessels in my fingers for a couple of years now, usually on my right hand...i can tell when its going to happen because its starts to throb and gets itchy then can be painful when it actually bursts, but just recently the passed few months ive been getting them in my arms and especially my right leg, they have been very painful in my legs,

dunno should i consult ma doc????
I get those too. I had one burst yesterday, very painful. I've had them the past few years but I do have high blood pressure which is controlled by medicine. I've always assumed it's harmless or genetics?
I get the same thing. I have had it for months on and of. I have a lump constanly in the crease of my finger. If I go climbing or carry shopping bags its really painful. So I try to be careful not to put pressure on it to stop the "pop" which is even more excrutiating. Hope someone out there can help.    
I also have the same thing.  Had it for a few years and went to my doctor who did blood tests and found I had under active thyroid.  But I still get the painful bruises in the palm side of my fingers now and again.  No one seems to know why. I recently had this happen to two fingers on the same hand in  the same day.
I have had this problem all my life, but not all the time....sometimes I don't notice them too much because the pain goes away within hours.  Recently though, I had one break in my palm under the thumb joint and it turned to a bruise.  I work in a nursing home and most of the nurses there have never heard of it.  I don't take any meds and have low blood pressure.  I do crochet though....????
I always thought it happened to everyone.
I am having this problem also. I have migrain headachs a it seems to go along with them. also when I have taken asprin for a few days. The pharmisist said it was nothing when I showed her. I broke 3 while I was there picking up my Rx. I have swithched to Motren
Motrin is also considered a blood thinner try Tylenol