boil on vagina?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

boil on vagina?

I am 35 yrs old and have only had sex with my husband for the past 9 years. A couple of days I had severe itching on the left lip of my vagina. Now there is something like a pimple but larger. The left lip is hard and has swelled to twice the size of the right. I have tried hot washcloth and also ice. I have gotten some pus to drain out but is still hard and VERY painful. I can haredly walk. I don't have insurance and just had a minor surgery (May 7) to remove a kidney stone. I had a stent in but it has been removed. The area is also very red.The hardness is not round but goes the length of my lip. Could this be a boil, herpes or what?
It is true that herpes can go dormant for a period of time... but 9 years? Unless something has changed. It might be a cause from the minor surgery? It could also be a rubbing thing? Have you done anything different, detergent? etc? If it doesn't change, I'd go see someone about it just in case.
I recently switched bath soap, to antibact. dial. I started running a fever today of 100.9 took some tylenol and is now down to 99.8. There is a small spot that looks like a pimple but everything else around is very hard and burns.
I would definitely make an appt with your doc.  Give yourself some piece of mind and let her/him look at it.
i think its an infected ingrowing hair ! you need to soften it with warm compress enough to remove the head then squeeze out the blood stained goo the hair will come natually then and swelling will go , you may need anti bs though to stop the infection as you have a temp already . x x x
I agree with marra.  It sounds like something I had a couple of months ago.  It was so painful that I could barely walk and it turns out that it was folliculitus (folliculitis) (sp?).  Basically an infected hair follicle.  The doctor said it's supposed to pop on its own, but if it doesn't you have to go to the doctor to have it drained.  If it hasn't popped by itself then it's probably not ready (lol) but I tried to get it to come to a head for a few days and it wouldn't no matter what I did- hot washcloths, ice, etc.  I think the best thing to do is leave it alone and it will heal on it's own.  Oh, and if it does pop on its own there will be a big hole, but don't worry because that is what is supposed to happen and it will heal from the inside out.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.
Thanks so much for all your advice. I am still having severe pain. I can't even sleep at night. I am not able to get in to see Dr for another week. The swe1ling has gone down some but there is still a hard place above the drainage area. I have soaked in a hot tub, applied hot washclothes and been using a product called Prid. A couple of days ago a lot of yellow pus came out and than some very white and then blood. Does anyone know how much longer this will take to heal. I am no longer running a fever but can not handle the pain. Just my panties touching hurts like heck!I just put petro jelly on and seems to be easing up. Is that safe?
I too agree with Marra. I get waxed down there, and on occasion I get the same thing. I would get these pimple-like bumps right along the panty line. I switched panties, and it doesn't happen as often. It can be painful, hang in there.
I currently have exactly the same problem. I get them more often than I care to admit. The stage I am in is just prior to it forming a head for drainage, which cannot come to soon. I cannt sit, walk, stand, no panties.  It is an infected hair follicle which became colonized by the Staph bacteria. The Staph was already there however, it being an opportunistic bacteria, waited until you had a skin break to invade. All woman have an abundance of various bacteria living in and on our genetalia.It would frighten you if you knew which kinds of microorganisms we actually do carry in our vaginas, i.e.,  E. coli.  I am sure you are long healed by now, but be aware of the likelihood of your infection reacurring in the same area. Staph seem to always want to reinfect the same tissue each time and it gets easier in some cases for them to do it. Hot/Wet compress, topical antibiotic creams, lots of thick cotton pads! I cannot stress the latter enough as it reduces pain from pressure or touch by atleast 80 %. If you cannot get a doctor to prescribe antibiotics, the best thing is get the puss to surface and drain it good. Drain it really really good and often. Good luck
I have the same thing. Oh my gosh....it hurts so bad. I was able to pop it but I don't feel enough puss came out and it is still just as swollen. If anyone knows anykind of relief besides the hot washcloth..that works but you can't walk around holding a washcloth on your vagina...if I could I would, believe me!!! If there is any way to speed up the healing prosess, please let me know!!! I feel for anyone who has experienced this!! Oh by the way, I have been with my husband and him only for 5 years now. If anyone can help that would be great!!
I have the same thing right now.  I have been with my husband for 24 years so I know it's not sexually transmitted and I know it's not a cleanliness issue.  I was recently sick, had to take antibiotics which lead to a yeast infection and now this.  My immune system is down from this whole process and now I must build it back up.  When i get stressed out, overworked, do not sleep enough or simply eat all the wrong foods this can happen. It all comes down to a weakened immune system.  Ladies we have to take care of ourselves. We can't be super mom or super career woman and not expect it to eventually catch up to us. This will run it's course, but it can be avoided in the future. Take Care of you!
I would have too say a few days ago I felt some itching  on my vagina which i get most of the time but this time around last night i could not sleep it was bothering more whn i got the small mirro and look i saw a red bump and it hurt whn I touched it when i pee and have too clean myself thts whn it hurts.  I jst put itching cream on it or K-jelly so it wont bother me so much depending on wht feels right.  Today I was looking at some medicals books and found inf. on boils so I have put tissue of warm water on it see wht will come out of it.  Thn now looking online for any help wht so ever cause if its somthing simple i rather not go too the doctor.  I'm trying too contol myslf from not touching it.  But if it doesnt go away and still there i would go too a doctor its almost time for my pap test which i hate it everytime. I'm 32  and since i'm not sexual active i can rule out std's.  whtever it is it no fun whn u got somthing on ur vagina and can't sleep well.  I had infections in the past.  But I had too change soaps cause the first one was giving me itching problems so now i'm using hypo-allergenic this one isa new organic kind other thn the reguler hypo-allergenic tht i used before but also bought tht too.  and i had problem w/only one of my underware everytime i use it i get a lot of itching and its the only underware tht give me problem and i wonder if tht caused my little red bump/boil/pimple wht ever  u wnt too call it.  anyone have ideas?
IT MAY BE MRSA STAPH INFECTION. COMMONLY BOILS APPEAR ON FACE, ARMPITS, AND EVEN VAGINA. IF THIS IS THE CASE POPPING IT WILL GIVE YOU SOME RELIEF BUT IT NEEDS TO BE TREATED WITH AN ANTIBIOTIC.  MRSA IS RESISTANT TO MOST ANTIBIOTICS SO YOU NEED TO CK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AND GET SOMETHING STONGER. IF IT IS MRSA IT WILL NOT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN
I just went to the doctor about the same problem as the very first post.  It is very painful but I have figured out that I can walk a little better with a thick maxi pad in my panties.  Before that I couldn't even put panties on today.  My doctor gave me the antibiotic Duricef but I am also trying a home remedy I found online tonight so I will try to let everyone knows if it works or not.  Below is the site that I found the remedy on...
http://www.morphemeremedies.com/homeremedies_boil.htm
There is also a webiste called www.earthclinic.com that has a lot of natural cures for everything you can think of...Good Luck to any woman who has to endure this, it is not fun!!
I agree it is most likely an ingrown hair. Still, it should be examined by a doctor. Also, if you develop folliculitis, which is what you have described, repeatedly, there is then a reason to be concerned. If no known cause can be found, it would then be possible you have a rather serious autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome. This disease's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, fissures, and folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race
I have almost the same thing, a boil on my vagina but it's not sore unless i touch it. I started with one and now I have three. I am only a teenager and have not had sexual intercourse so it's not that. Im too afraid to tell anyone but i don't know what it is.
I hope you can help
i get those boils all the time...i am still a virgin and i am a only 17 years old...when i went 2 the doctor about it, the docter just told me it was nothing and not 2 worry about it, but whenever i go 2 the bathroom it hurts....i just don't know wat 2 do
it could be a chancroid  or an ingrown hair don't put petrol jelly on it tho petrol jelly seals in infection try using a tipple antibiotic on it
Please read my posts about vaginal fissures, cuts, and boils on this board going back the last few months. I have a lot of information about the causes for these problems, from dermatological problems, allergies, parasites, infection, disease, chemicals like birth comtrol pills, and other things that are caused  by or cause immune damage which often presents with genital symptoms. A single ingrown hair is nothing to worry about, but if you have on going symptoms please read my posts to understand immune damage and how you can control it and keep your immune system healthy.
I have the exact same thing going on right now! It started out as a little bump but now is so swollen I can hardly move. I also have some vaginal discharge, is that normal or has anyone else experienced that? No head has apeared and I keep looking up pictures of herpes on the internet but it doesn't look anything like any of the pictures. Please help!!!
I am experiencing the same thing--painful bumps that drain sometimes. They are red and very hard. I thought I had an STD but I went to the doctor and I don't. Plus I've only had sex with one person for 4 1/2 years. These bumps look nothing like the pictures of Vaginal Warts or Herpes online. They are becoming more and more frequent and painful. I don't know what to do.
Thank you everyone for your posts. I had a boil right below my vaginal opening, that rubs with even the slightest movement, that I believe was caused by chaffing from pantyliners (I was wearing them daily for some discharge for a period of almost 2 months - Won't do that EVER again).  I was to the very very painful point where I could not move without excruitating pain and was almost ready to go to the ER for some relief.  I had soaked in epsom salt a few hours ago giving very minimal relief.  I gave the website listed above by amy507 of home remedies a try and found one I was willing to try that seemed logical to me.  

I used the baking soda mixed with a little bit of water (made it like a thick paste). After the 30 minutes the boil was reduced, but by no means gone, but wow what relief. I cleaned the mixture out and went to apply my neosporin and a gush of blood!  I was so excited.  I feel 100% better now and wanted to share this with anyone that is having the same pain as it might help you also.  And I of course reapplied the neosporin after allowing the blood to drain, the absolute last thing I want now is an infection down there!  Good luck!
I have the same thing but it's not an STD (I got tested for everything) and it's not an ingrown hair.  My doctor told me it was an overactive gland and there was not treatment.  If I wanted them to go away forever I would need to have the gland and ducts removed.  They are so incredibly painful I'm considering it, even though I don't have insurance, but if anyone knows of something else I can do, it would be much appreciated.
I was just taking a shower and while i was washing myself down there, I noticed a huge zit-like thing. Its really hard and hurts when i touch it. I have had a staph infection on my leg before and it looks the same as the staph, but its right between my leg and vagina. I have no idea what it could be from. I keep myself very clean. Any ideas?
Hey yea I have the same issue Ive had many from on the back of the legs to my chest and now the vagina :( hurts to walk sit anything. Its caused from yeast infections, lacking vitamins, genetics(my dad has had them alll his life so i have him to thank) anyways all my other ones I squeezed them and got as much out as i could. then I put vicks vapor rub on to draw it out, i have used other methods, bacon works but i wouldnt put it on the vagina lol i dont wanna smell like bacon. Soak in a tub of epson salt works wonders. Also Just try to keep it clean and sqeeze often to draw the stuff out its yucky huh. Its is white, then bloody and stuff but its a darker blood. Just hang in there i am trying to but damn :( my kitty hurts lol
go to the pharnmacy and ask for drawing salve. put that on there with a bandage and that will help it come to a head. also if you sit in hot water ( as hot as you can stand it) that will make the skin soften up and make it a little easier to pop. rather than squeeze it, pull the skin apart.
ok, so im about 16 and last summer, i got a small red paaaaainful bump on the inside of my vagina..im sry, idk all the technical terms i.e., labia, cervix, or whatever. but i applied a warm washcloth for a few days, & it was gone! but just about 4 days ago, i noticed that whenever i peed, it burned. i got a mirror & looked down there (awkward haha) & saw i have 2 (ughh) bumps now. ones more actually IN my vagina than the other. but this time, they have white tips, & one seems to be...leaking...sort of. this is very awkward & embarassing for me, & i dnt go 2 a gyno. so please, someone help! haha thnks. :]
i am a 42 year old married woman i have a boil on the lip off my vagina the pain is so bad to sit walk or use the bathroom is soooo painful can anyone help
I had this same thing and went to the Dr. They did a culture on the actual boil and it came back as "heavy growth Escherichia Coli", aka: E. Coli. They also did a regular genital culture and it came back as "heavy growth Gardnerella Vaginalis". I have had this before and took antibiotics. However, doctors don't require my husband to take the antibiotic and we keep passing it back and forth. I'm so tired of feeling like this so from now on if my husband wants sex, he's going to have to take the meds first. :) It would be wise for you ladies to go to the doctor and have a culture done because these parasites just get worse, not better. There are also naturopathic ways to get rid of them if you don't want to do antibiotics.

My boil was on the inside of my "lip" so there's no hair there. It looked kind of like what a 2nd degree burn looks like.
It's really relieving to read these posts.  I am a 26yo who has only ever been with one guy (and I was his first too) - and have only been sexually active for 2 years.  I noticed a couple of months ago that I had this lump thing on my inner vagina lip and it was hard and round and really hurt when I touched it.  I went to a local GP who told me it was herpes.  I freaked out because I had no idea how I could've contracted it - it just didn't make sense.  Neither my boyfriend nor I have ever shown signs for oral or genital herpes and we're eachother's firsts.
She did a swab test of the lesion, which hurt a bit, and then sent it off for testing.  I went home so upset, checked the internet and realised that the pictures on the internet didn't look at all like my boil!
I then went back to the GP and got my results - the boil proved negative for Herpes type 1 and 2!  It disappeared on its own and I was relieved.
Then a week ago, I noticed another little boil appearing, and getting bigger.  It then got to the same size and I got so worried that the previous diagnosis had been wrong and that it was, in fact, herpes.
Then I found this website and realised that what you are describing is EXACTLY the same as what mine feels like and looks like.  I'm booked in to see the GP again today as I just need to know for sure.  But thank you for sharing all your stories and reassuring me.
Thank you so much ladies for posting your personal stories.  I was taking a shower the other day and felt something painful and hard on my right inner lip on my vagina.  I totally freaked out.  I just went to my GYN three weeks ago and was tested for everything (I've been with the same guy for 4 years now) and everything was negative.  I've been putting warm wash clothes and taking warm baths every night, so hopefully it'll go away soon.  Thanks to all of your comments, I'm not going to bother going back to the doctor unless it's still there after two weeks, but so far it's only been three days, so I'll give it more time.

Hope we all get rid of it soon!
Thank you so much for your post! I was scared out of my mind!

I have been sexually active (28 yrs old) with the same man for 10 years. And after all of this time I develop a boil on the bottom right side of my side of my lips. It looked internal and only felt like a lump if I pushed on it, only looked like a lump if I pulled the skin it would look like a burn without a head. It was Painful to the point I felt like fainting, (I have had migraines since I was 11, so I have an extremely high tolerance for pain).

I had it for about 2-3 days and then it burst open on its own, I drained it put H2O2 on it, and Neosporin. (First Question: should I try draining it again? It’s just a hole at this point.) I had a little bit of blood and puss come from it this morning. The pain is only around when I have to wear underwear and when I pee.

Second question: How long should I wait to have sex?

Third Question: is there really any known way to prevent these? I have only had 2 boils (one on my nipple about 2 years ago) and this one.

One time was more the enough for me.

Thank you,
Oobe

Thank goodness I'm not alone!  I too developed a pimple/boil looking bump on my inner vagina lip, and completely freaked out about herpes, even though I am pretty low risk for STD's.  In any case I did go to the doctors and she said it didn't look like herpes, but also quickly looked under the microscope and didn't see anything...which is suspicous to me because I would think there would be some sort of bacteria present causing the infection.  In any case, I'm waiting for my culture results and am on antibiotics, and yesterday it popped with some blood and is pretty much gone now.  I'm just relieved that others have experienced this and that it's probably hopefully not an STD.
Please try the so called BIODERM OINTMENT. It is for boil , etc...
I tried it and it is minty feeling, and big relief.It made the bump smaller. But yes you have to wash it with hot Water that you can bear the hotness of it, with some bacterial soap, and it should make it go away.
But I tried it,and it made it smaller,I mean there is progress.Constant hygiene cleaning with what i said, will possibly make it go away.Please go to google and ask about bioderm ointment.
TRY USING A INDIAN HERB CALL "TURMERIC" YOU CAN GET IN AT ANY GROCERY STORE OR WALMART FOR ABOUT $3. I HAD A LARGE PAINFULL (ABOUT THE SIZE ON A GRAPE) BOIL ON THE LIP OF MY VARGINA LAST WEEK AND WAS TOLD ABOUT IT. IT REALLY WORKS AND IT FAST. YOU ADD ABOUT A TEASPOON OF IT TO A HALF A GLASS OF WARM WATER AND DRINK IT (DOESNT TASTE GREAT ) BUT WILL GET RIDE OF IT. YOU CAN ALSO MAKE A PASTE FROM IT AND PUT IT DIRETLY ON A BOIL. MINE WAS GONE IN ABOUT TWO DAYS. TRY IT!!  (THE FRIEND I HEARD IT FROM DIDNT LIKE THE LIKE SO SHE MADE CAPSULE WHICH CAN ALSO BE PURCHASE A WALMART OR ANY DRUG STORE BUT ARE A LITTLE MORE EXPENCIVE)
Thank everyone for sharing! I was in so much pain and freaking out too. The boil was the size of a large grape on the inside of my inner vagina lip. The combo of the baking soda mixture and hot compresses and soaking in the tub finally brought the relief of draining the boil. Once it started to ooze I put a little pressure on it and it completely burst and drained. I couldn't believe how much puss and blood drained out. Truly the most disgusting thing I have experienced in that area. I also took/am taking turmeric and garlic to help fight the infection.  I have been using anti bacterial soap in the shower and neosporin on it as well to make sure it doesn't get re-infected. I hope this post helps anyone else who has this aweful experience.
Hey I suffer from the same thing. I would always be scared to go to the docotor thinking they were going to tell me something worse. so i started doing research. I looked at all herpes pictures it doesnt look like that, not the same symptoms, and it was definately not an open soar. I looked through tons of pictures before gaining the confidence to go to the doctor. I was researching on the internet and found a OTC MED called BOILX. it suppost to work, I dont know havnt tried it, but mabey yall can look at it.
I'm 22 and I have this problem a lot. I talked to my gyno about it once during a yearly check up and she told me they were boils and I was getting them because I'm overweight. She prescribed nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream. They usually pop and heal within a couple of days of using it.

Don't be embarrassed to talk to your doctor about something. chances are they know what it is. You won't be the first case they've seen and definitely won't be the last. =)

Everybody keeps talking about applying all sorts of antibiotic creams, drawing salves, and home remedies. Is it safe to apply any of those to the vaginal opening???
it could be just an ingrown hair if u shave down there that happened to me once i got scared but it wasnt anything serious just and ingrown hair
about 2 months ago i noticed a large white bump between my vagina and anus and it kinda hurt so i popped it with tweezers and alot of white puss came out followed by blood and i thought i was fine.. but now a couple months later i notices a hole in the same spot and im really worried cause now that i touched it.. it stings and feels weird. whats going on??!
I got my 1st boil in that same spot at everyone else.  Right between my lip and thigh.  My conern is... my 17 daughter just had 2 boils, one on her lower stomach and one on the crack of her butt.  Both had to be lanced and packed with gauze.  It did come back positive for mrsa.  So then I get one, I did not go to the dr tho.  Yes it hurts, but so far I can stand it.  It started draining on its own some, and starting tomorrow I am going to try some home remedies on it.  But now that I know what it is... how do I get this mrsa out of the house ?? I never touched her boils... we dont share razors or anything.... and also her b/f got a boil in his nose.  So it is apperntly speading around... Any ideas on how to fully clean this completly?
I have recently encountered the same problem ya'll are having, i decided to go to the doctor after two years of the same thing. After i had my daughter yr 2007 i started noticing i was getting hard bumps on my vaginal area and then just recently two months ago yr 2009 i grew a boil on my c section cut and one on my vaginal area. I went to see the doctor and he told me that they were boils and they can be treated, he prescribed me a med called Bactrim DS u take one twice a day for ten days and the boils should be gone and they shouldn't come back. He told me that the cause of it was that i could have gotten a bacteria from the hospital when i was getting my c section and that could of started it all. I hope ya'll go see ur docs and ask him about the med Bactrim DS. I'm still having the same thing but it's shrunk down to a pea size pimple i guess it's working for me
Hello, I have had a similar issue for a number of years, hard pimple like thing, often appearing around the time of my period...sometimes I could pop them and I would get blood and pus and then they would go away...anyway, I stopped getting them about 5 months ago - around the same time I started taking certain supplements, don't know if it's connected, maybe they just went away on their own, but I thought that I would share in case this can help anyone else.  I take folic acid (400mcg), vitamin e(400IU), vitamin c (500mg time release) and omega 3 (630mg, 400 EPA:200 DHA) daily, haven't had a 'bump' since I started these vitamins.
I also have been having the same thing for the past couple of months.  I recently started taking predinisone and my body changed alot. the boils started on my vagins and now i get them on my back back and anus.  I recently went to see my doctor and he prescribed me Sulfamethoxazole DS, i have been taking it now for 5 days.  The boils dont have as much pain but they haven't drained yet either??
Hi I just read everyones storys and im glad im not the only woman with  this problem right now I have a very large boil on my vagina lip the right lip its hard and long and since I am overweight its very hard to walk with it if I do I walk like I have a load in my pants lol but anyways I have been doing the warm/hot baths once in a while the warm/hot cloth but u can have it there forever rite this is the bigest 1 I have ever gotton before they always were on my thighs arm pits around my bra line my dr said there from sweat so he gave me some cream that don't work I took pix of what it looked like at first and what it looks like now it has a red spot on the top I think it is gonna pop soon when they do its white  puss than gray than a mix of all that and blood n black stuff to so anyone know a good way to make them pop and not hurt so much after I know its gonna leave a huge hole and my underware is gonna stick to it anyone know a good way 2 stop that 2?
Ok I woke up today n my boil on my vagina lip had poped n started to drain a little now it is still hard n painful to walk so I put gaze on it and some neosporin anyone know how long its going to take to drain its from the top of the lip half way down and I don't wanna go to the doctor to have them cut it open so any ideas or anything please.....
I get those like every few months. I make sure I keep a tube of
"BOIL EASE" and a pkg. of GAUZE PADS on hand.
Make sure you do this at night before you go to sleep:
First step: Wash vagina area.
Second: Take clean cloth and wet with hot water and press and hold
cloth to it. Do this a couple of times to soften Boil.
Third: Squeeze out some of the Boil Ease onto the Gauge pad and put pad on the boil and leave it.(Tape it if you have to with surgical tape or put a Kotex pad over it so it will stay in place while you sleep.
VERY IMPORTANT: Put the Boil Ease DIRECTLY ON THE PAD!
NOT ON THE BOIL ITSELF!
The Boil has to drain INTO the pad.
When you wake up in the morning you will find that the Boil has softened and opened up and drained.
Wash Vagina area .
You might have to do this a few nights until all the pus has drained,
but you will feel more comfortable while you are doing this because the Boil will be healing.
Hope this helps..............
i'm 20 and got 5/6 boils on my butt when i was in hs.  they were so painful and  i didn't know what to do with them.  i just let them develop on their own and sometimes they would pop by themselves or i would pop them myself.  however, the ones i pop myself left a big hole that didn't fill in and just scarred, so be careful if you decide to touch them!

i have had a small cluster on near the outside of my vagina for 3/4 weeks.  i just noticed that they developed into one large bump.  i squeezed the bump and yellow pus came out, clear liquid, then blood.  there are smaller heads on the side that didn't develop into anything... the bump got a lot bigger after i messed with it.  i put baking soda on it and it decreased by about 50%.  i covered the area with hydrocortisone to hopefully reduce swelling.  

does anyone know if it is normal to have one large boil with 2/3 smaller heads on the side?
I too suffer from these awful boils... over the years they have gotten worse and worse. I have seen a dermatologist, my gynecologist, primary doctor and an Infectious Disease Doctor and a General Surgeon. I get them around my vagina, butt, thighs and now under my breast. They do seem to flare up more around my period. They all say antibiotics are not the answer... they may make them dormant for a month or two and then they will be back. The only other option they gave me is to see a plastic surgeon to have them all removed..... due to the amount I have in my vaginal area, this will require a reconstructive surgery.....as you can imagine, I have out this off..... my husband and I have suffered because of this... I always have a boil..... who would want to have sex dealing with this? Has anyone seen a plastic surgeon??? Thanks for reading.
i do suffer from the same things all has talked about  have tred alot of things and do know the the core of a cabbage leaf will bring it to a head and will draw it into the leaf if u do it over night it has mine anyways...but now i do have them under my arms and on my vagina area and this is new..i have read it is from being heavy witch i dont belive some people that have them worse then me are skinny...poor eating habbits i do belive....immune system i belive too...i have been researching it for a long time and i belive we need vitamins.. a friend told me to take vitamin C so iam gonna give it a try....her mom takes it and has not had one ever since...hope we all can be boil free soon cause they do hurt...
According to my doctor, those boils or nodules are benign cysts.
They can appear anywhere on the body... even in the labia of the vagina. And, they're very uncomfortable. Not sure why they form though... it could be hormonal or as chellie67 said, it could be dietary.
It takes a while (sometimes several months), but they do eventually go away.

i have a doubt can anybody help me
im only 14 and a virgin and at first i just thought it was a bruise but when i examined it, my left vaginal lip was extremely swollen. Now, it hurt to the touch and alittle while sitting down. I can't find the ingrown hair.... It's so hard that a pin won't even go through, and when i tried that it was extremely painful. It's about the size of a grape now... what is this cause im scared
im 29 yrs old and this is my 1st time having a pain4ul boil, a wk ago i was taking a shower and noticed a bump and it hurt on my le4t side lip on my vagina, it started to get bigger and OMG it was extremely PAIN PAIN PAIN, i could not walk or sit just any movement became a problem, i put warm cloths and twice a day took hot showers and let the water run down, by this point it was so hard, big, red, and very swollen a wk later it came to a white head i did leave it alone even though i wanted so bad to pop it, the very next morning it was draining, and i was so happy :-) i got my cotton balls and alcohol, napkins all ready so that i can squeeze some more out, it was so pain4ul to squeeze but i knew it had to be done so i won't be in so much pain, as i squeezed some more alot more pus came out along with some blood and clear liquidy, "BUT" all the sudden it stopped coming out so i stopped squeezing.......... It has relieved quite some pain and some swelling went down, it still hard and there is a bump still and it still hurts not as bad but it hurts, does anybody know what to do next???? i cleaned it really good and mixed neosporin and RX mupirocin2% and put it on the area and covered lightly with a bandage, maybe it still has pus in it or is that normal when some pus or pus has drained??????? thx so much 4 all the 411 ....
thank God i'm not alone on this, found this boil like 3days ago and it really hurts like hell, sitting is painful and going to the bathroom too. i guess by reading allthese comments i have to endure the pain and wait for it to heal byitself, i hope it does soon 'cos it really hurts. at least i know i'm not alone in the world.....i was freaking out!!!!!!!! thanks for all the suggestions, but i live in a country where i cannot find any suitable anti biotic so i think a home remedy would be useful.... any ideas? please help!!!!!!
i am 20 year old and i to have been experiancing what i thought was a STD, sice i was 13. I wasnt having sex then and didnt know what these  misterious hard pus filled bumps were. I told my mom when i was 15, because they were so painful that i couldnt deal with them (plus i started dating lol ;)). I felt so unattractive and hated it! Well my mom took me to my home practicioner and he checked it out(how un comfortable right). My doctor told me that these bumps were common in females with high Iron and who shave there pubic area will the same razor as there legs and or arm pits. he advised me to stop shaving my pubic area for a few months and let the places heal. So i did just that. then he advised me to used a new disposable razor everythimg i shave it. Also to NEVER USE body was down there, or sented body wash for that. They Went away. Every since then they have went away for the most part. they hardly ever show up. Word of advise, DO NOT POP THEM. it makes them worse to pop them, makes them infected and then your dealing with a whole new ball park. I hope i have help
   Sam
Omg!! I'm am 5 months pregnant and recently had to go to the doctor because The sides of my vagina were itching like crazy that I'd scratch until my skin came off! It wad horrible.. I thought all the extra moisture was the cause. After two weeks of trying baby powder and desitin, I finally made an emergency appt with my ob who gave me a pill and cream.. He said it wad caused by my body producing a lot of yeast on the outside of my vagina. So that went away and Now I have this HUGE boil the size of a dime and extremely painful on my clit skin. I'm in so much pain I can barely walk, it's a constant excrutiating, torturing pain. Sitting, standing, even laying down will not make it go away that's how sensitive it is.  I don't know what to do to alleviate it or make the pain go away. I just pray it pops on it's own soon because I don't know how much longer I can take this. Any suggestions?? I'm sure it was brought on by my feverish scratching that caused a tear and now an infection hence a huge pus filled boil.!  Help!!
WOW so glad I am not the only one. I have had a recurring 'pimple' on my vagina for about a year and usually would occur around the time I got my period. I just thought it was from using pads but the last 2 times it happened it was sooooo painful. Its always on my vaginal lip and it has swelled double the size it usually is. I also have noticed soreness around the area and think my lymph node in my groin is swollen! I also see discharge that looks similar to yeast infection. I am very nervous and can not get out to see my Dr for another few days as we are having blizzard conditions. I have been in such pain since 5 days. I can barely walk and it kills to sit. I have to wear loose clothes and no underware. This is crazy! I hope to get to the Dr soon but in the meantime this is driving me nuts. Hard to sleep even. So glad I am not alone. Anyone have experience with swollen lymph nodes and discharge at the same time??
I am so glad to hear I am not the only one.  I have gotten little ones that popped and went away for yrs.  Then about two yrs ago I got one that didnt pop and wouldnt go away.   It got to the size of a robins egg and I finally had to go to the doctor because I couldnt sit, stand, walk, lay down.  I was miserable.   The doctor drained it and prescribe some antibiotics as a percausion and it went away.  I have not had a small or big one since.   I have had a small one that is now turning into one that is not so small.  I am trying the baking soda and I really hope it works.  I dont want to go threw that again.
I was amazed to find such a long list of women going through the same problems.  Like Lisalee I also had swollen lymph nodes which is common with infections.  For me it started with bleeding after intercourse which I knew something was up because I had a hysterectomy years ago. The abscess got so huge and sore before I was able to a make it to the doctor. They told me there is a gland inside a woman's vagina to secret fluid during intercourse (it's what keeps us lubricated basically).  This gland some how got plugged and caused the fluid to build up and get infected. While I was at the doctors office discussing an incision to remove the infection, the abscess broke.  They have not done two different rounds of antibiotics and the swelling and hardness have went away, but the blood after intercourse is still there and the pain is still there. After doing a an ultrasound and a CT they tell me there is nothing, but I know my body and there is still something going on.  
My frustration is now in what to do when the doctors tell you that you are fine but you aren't.  Any one have pain a month later and did it eventually just get better?
im so glad i found this site...i've been with my hubby 8 yrs and i was so upset when this first happened, i've been to the doc several times, changed antibiotics several times all to no avail...my advice would be to pop sum painkillers and try to relax until it comes to a head because i've been dealn with it now for two years and none of the antibiotics worked to cure it completely and it REALLY hurts when the doctor lances it...
i also saw an infectious disease doctor after my pc referred me there and still no luck...im gna try sum of the homeopathic remedies i guess...but thank u all for easing my nerves...bacitracin and bactine help some
Hm, i was also glad to see that there have been others with the "boils" or whatever it is down there, and not just those who have had sex. i'm 18 and have had these for about 5 years now but i've never had sex. i just pop them and keep on going, but i just relized i'm tired of that....i need advice
Thank you so much for this information.. I STARTED TO FREAK OUT! i looked up ever STD there was lol...I currenctly have one and its killin me! but bout to try some of the cures... But question i had sex March12 and the fricton from the condom tore(not enough lubricaton) my insides..it caused me itching and swelling for a couple of days? should i see a doctor cause evertime i wiped there was blood. Not alot but enough to freak me out. Me and this person recently had sex Valentines Day and i don think it could be an STD cause i would have been infected with it already right??
INSTANT RELIEF LADIES!!!!! REPEAT THESE STEPS 3 TIMES AN IT WILL BE READY TO DRAIN....TAKE A HOT BATH, AS HOT AS YOU CAN STAND BECAUSE HEAT BRINGS THE INFECTION TO THE SURFACE, GET OUT AN AIRDRY AFTER 20 MINS OF SOAKING, PUT NEOSPORIN WITH PAIN RELIEF ON THE BOIL, LEAVE ON THERE FOR 2 HOURS....THEN GET A MIRROR WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE INFECTED AREA....ON THE BOIL THERE WILL BE A VERY DARK AREA, ALMOST BLACK, STICK A PIN, OR NEEDLE THROUGH THE DARK AREA AN IN WILL INSTANTLY START TO DRAIN,,,,IT IS INSTANT RELIEF, THE AREA JUST HAS TO STAY MOIST SO THAT THE SKIN AREA THE BOIL WILL BECOME SOFT ENOUGH TO LET THE INFECTION DRAIN
this has been the most helpful page of my life. I am 26 and this has happened to me before. i had to go to the emergency room and have it lanced. Right now i have a huge one that is making my whole right lip swollen to over twice it's normal size. I also have one on my thigh right next to it. VERY VERY PAINFUL!! I have no medical insurance and am currently out of work. I haven't been able to walk in 2 days. i saw a website that sells something called terrasil. has anyone ever tried it? it is 24.99 and i don't want to waste money on something that doesn't even work.
I have something like this. It hurts so bad and I can barely walk or sit down. It's high up on my inner thigh and it's really hard and painful. I just found it about an hour ago but it's been hurting all day. I'll try some of these methods. Thanks for the advice.
I have this problem now, and have had it in other areas in the past. I can't diagnose all of you, but for most of you it sounds like a boil (caused by Staphylococcus aureus or "Staph infection") Staph lives on most healthy people's skin & nose, but when you get an opening in the skin from a cut or scrape, the staph bacteria can invade this wound causing an infection.
**It is NOT wise to squeeze this area, as it can send the infection deeper into the skin.**
In most cases, antibiotics will clear the infection, but sometimes the area will have to be lanced.
The genitals are a very common place for this infection to occur, especially if you shave that area. While an infection is present, it is wise to refrain from shaving & having sex to keep from spreading the infection.

It can be both painful & stressful to deal with these problems, the best thing to do is see a doctor, as they can provide you a clear diagnosis.
I Have had a boil on ,my leg the size of a grape and they had to cut it open and pack it and the nurse had to leave the room from all the blood and now i have one on my left underarm like i am tired of these boils I can barely keep my arm down i have tried baking soda and alcohol and peroxide it just makes it get bigger and hurt worse dont know what to do other than get it cut open and packed with that white string again
I took PainfulRelief's advice, and used a thick paste-like mixture of baking soda and water, and applied it to my vaginal boil (which is just on the lip of my left labia) and within 5 minutes, it had gone down. Let me tell you guys, I'm a huge skeptic for homeopathic remedies. But this works. We'll see if it works long term. But huuuuge relief. I believe my boil was caused by an ingrown hair, but I had two other boils on my left inner thigh a few weeks ago. Would be weird if it was spreading so far. And no, not sexually active.

If you're looking for relief, use the baking soda. I'm telling you guys.
Me again. I used the baking soda yesterday, and also went to the store and got some vitamin e, and rubbed some of that onto my boil. This morning, it popped, but it only drew blood, no pus. Is that normal?
I had some very hard, painful boils on my vagina lipps a few months ago. Believe me, when you notice a small , hard bump ,see your doctor asap. I waited until mine got large ,and painful to the touch. My doctor lanced them, which was very, very painful. If treated right away you want have to go through this pain. He prescribed the geneic for Bactrim DS (SMZ/TMP). Boil Ease did not help.
I had some very hard, painful boils on my vagina lips a few months ago. Believe me, when you notice a small , hard bump ,see your doctor asap. I waited until mine got large ,and painful to the touch. My doctor lanced them, which was very, very painful. If treated right away you want have to go through this pain. He prescribed the geneic for Bactrim DS (SMZ/TMP). Boil Ease did not help.
I have been getting these every few months ever since I started menopause.  They are very painful and seem to take their time as far as coming to a head.  I soak and put a dab of hydrogen peroxide on it then using a q-tip dab a bit of tea tree oil on the bump only.  I do not know if this is advisable but do know that it has worked for me on several occassions.  On 2 occassions I has to use a sterile needle and break the skin so it could drain.  The relief was instant.  I mean it hurt some after but the severe pain went away. Make sure to keep the area clean and dry.   Good luck!
I have this problem too and I have no idea what to do.. It hurts so bad! But its only been there a few days... Do I just have to let it heal with time or is there anyway to get it to heal quicker?
hello ladies I have been going through a lot of the same things as everyone seem to have on this site. I have been tested for STD but didn't have any. I have recently come across this term while searching the internet HIDRADENITIS SUPPURATIVA. I think you ladies should looked into this I have diagnosed based on the pictures. ladies that tend to suffere from this usually gets these vagnal boils before or after their period. Hopes this helps....also look into taking TUMERIC people have had a lot of success with using this and having boils it suppose to build the immune system.
help im a 13 yrs old and still virgin i dont know if its a boil or a huge pimple but it hurts a bit it very big and hard im trying to pop it but i cant
I GOT A CUT LIKE PASSING MY BUTT HOLE THEN ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO I GET A FEVER THEN THE NEXT DAY I GET  boils as well as small bumps (that look like pimples) and are very painful around my vagina and anus I CANT GO TO THE DOCTOR CAN ANY ONE PLEASS HELP ME PLEASS
Hello, ladies! I'm battling the same symptoms many of you suffer or have suffered.  I'm so miserable.  Saturday while at a church picnic, I started feeling bad, sluggish, feverish, etc.  Once I got home & took a warm shower, I could hardly make it to the bed. I could not be still due to the aches & pains.  I looked with a mirror in the vagina area to find a large white spot on the top of the right lip.  It was painful to touch. The next day I notice significant swelling in the groin area as well as the entire right lip was sollen at least 3x the normal size.  I freaked out! Monday a.m. I was at the OB/GYN, only to find out that my lymph nodes were swollen to the size of a small plum & I'd developed Staph! I was immediately given a large dose of Ciproflaxan (antibiotic) for the infection. The swelling has since decreased some in the groin, but not much from the lip.  The spot has now opened & is exposed completely.  It's now red & spreading over the entire top of the lip.  I cannot put on underwear, nor can I close my legs, therefore, I'm off work until the condition has totally resolved.  I soak in Betadine & Epson Salt.  I'm still miserable!  Going back to doctor in the am.  I think they may have to hospitalize me to deal with this problem.  The lip has now turned black almost.  I'm a bit worried.  Any suggestions? I wish you all well & a speedy recovery.
Hi!  I am postmenopausal and began getting boils on my vaginal area after a very severe bout with a virus last spring.  I made an appt. with my doctor (a GP) and it burst on its own the night before I went in to see her.  

Here is what I have done on the last few I have had.  I soak in a hot tub once a day (at least).  Apply Preparation H after the bath to the boil to help with the pain.  It seems to help it come to a head and begin to drain.  Also, I found a water bottle like we used on our episiotomies after child birth and washed the boil area after urination and then wiped with witch hazel (which you can buy at any drug store).  It doesn't burn.  The first time my doctor gave me antibiotics.  The ones since then have not been as bad and I have cared for them myself.  The Preparation H seems to help bring it to a head better than anything else.

They are painful and an aggrevation.  Cleanliness is the key to healing them up.  Now if we could just figure out the cause!
dude! im 15 and ive never ever ever ever had sex and i get them! i had my doctor look at it and she said to put neosporine on it!
I just was suffering from a boil on my left vaginal lip and it hurt sooooo bad.I couldn't walk right I could barely sit down. I also was having chills and a fever I'm the type of person to try to cure it myself before going to the doctor. So here is what i did I cut a thick piece of raw onion and placed it over the boil & a cloth on top and then panties to hold in place 2hrs(4x) n btw i took a hot bath for 30min(3x) for the fever ibprouphen 3x and in the morning it burst & cleaned w anti soap      
Having 2 painful labia boils for more then 4 days and after reading all your comments - I decided to try Baking Soda. I thought - it can not hurt. I've previously read that baking soda has a antibacterial capacity this was right on! I made baking soda paste (as TifferzC and some other of you suggested), applied over the whole are - and what a RELEASE!

Itching stopped right away, (it almost felt as if the heat in this area went down), and after 2 hrs I remove it,  boil release blood,  (I did not force it sqeeze it or whats or ever -I let it come out on its own) - I just wash it with cold water only and.... here I am in the morning, writing this post - I'ts over. The 2 boils are gone!  
Unbelievable. a simple baking soda resolve my problem.

I'll use one more time baking soda hoping it will clean up all remain bacteria.
THIS COULD HELP MANY:  when i was young, my father nearly died of so many boils on his neck, it was a horrible sight, and excrutiating pain for him.  the drs tried everything, it was a mystery.  finally, a dermatologist determined he was reacting to perfumes+dyes in ordinary soap!  of course, a good portion of his 'treatment' was to keep clean with soap+water - which then worsened his symptoms, as i said, nearly to the point of his death.  my mother was so distraught.  it was a horrible year for our family.

later, when i was in my mid-20s, i developed the excrutiatingly painful boils, as i read described here.  i did NOT think of a connection to my father's problem, right away!  my doctor tested for herpes, but, negative!  he told me to soak in clear bath water or add some baking soda, twice daily, at least 15-30minutes, daily.  this helped right away.

eventually i figured-out that, like my father, i was sensitive to perfumes+dyes.

since, i use ONLY PERFUME-FREE PRODUCTS - toilet tissue, pantyliners, soaps, cleansers, even shampoos.   since, i rarely have a problem.  i'm quite aware, if i feel the beginning of a problem, it feels almost like a 'pinch' or something tiny, but, with experience, i recognize that tiny clue as the beginning. - i soak in clear water or with a bit of baking soda immediately - to save DAYS of terrible pain.

i have 2 (now adult) children that i raised to 'be aware' of potential sensitivity to perfumes and things.  now a granddaughter.  it's something to be aware of, and be ready to make changes if any problems show up.

YOU KNOW WHAT?! - I FIGURE THERE MUST BE MANY-MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE THESE PROBLEMS WITH PERFUMES, OR THERE WOULD NOT BE PERFUME-FREE PRODUCTS.

i love perfumes, but, i must be very careful of them.  CLINIQUE products are perfume free - i am not connected with them in any way, this isn't spam.

GOOD LUCK, LADIES.  I FEEL YOUR PAIN.  ugh.

I have had in  short (hydradentitous)for a good five years now and a docotr gave me the diagnosis a few months ago while giving a pap, he put me on an anti biotic called Doxycyclan(sp?) I am in the Army right now and we had an assignment to go out in the middle of the desert for a month, and I had forgotten to take my pills with me. In doing this the bacteria in hydradentitous had become immune to them causing MRSA  a pimple such as what I get for hydradentitous popped up on my labia I FREAKED, along with swollen lymph nodes around the top of my vagina near the inner thigh area, any how it freaked me out I went to the doctor and thats what he told me. I'm on bactrim for ten days and it has gone down a significant amout although the lymph nodes are still swollen. Anyhow yes it ***** a big one when I wiped is when I discovered it because if someone would have been standing outside of the door to hear me gasp they'd believe I was injured lol
I've been getting these for the past year or so too.. I just figured they were ingrown hairs, and they didn't hurt that bad so I'd just been ignoring them. Until about a week and a half ago.. I got one that was the biggest I've ever had and it hurt sooo bad! So anyway, I tried hot baths, warm compresses and all that stuff.. but nothing helped. I started trying to find info on the internet and found out about this PRID stuff and figured it couldn't hurt so I bought some. I got it in the mail on Saturday and IMMEDIATELY put some on.. Within 4 hours or so, the swelling had gone down, the boil had a white head on it and was like half the size it was before. I've been using that stuff every night before I go to bed since then and the boil's pretty much gone, and it doesn't hurt at all anymore.
I discovered last Friday that i had a small white pimple on the left side of the vulva.
Couple days i had trouble walking like normal.
Was very uncomfortable to sit and then this pimple seemed to get bigger and just white.
Then it was completely pinkish/red!
Its less than a size of a dime now and every time i pee it hurts like hell.
I can however walk fine and wear clothing np....wearing underware is ok.
I have a second pimple/white one very close to this pinkish/red sore and will be making an appt w/the gyno after the weekend.
Ive been tested for hiv/stds/herpes etc...all was negative
Does anyone know what this could be?
BTW...rite b4 thanksgiving week i had lots of aches/pains in my body and went to emergency w/104 fever and was admitted Nov 21st and was in for the entire week!
They said it was viral since they found nothing wrong w/testing and MRI's etc...
im much better now and now i have this damn problem on my vagina!!
And no i dont have unprotected sex and have been w/the same partner for over a year!!
Any explanations? theories? thanks :)
I'am currently experiencing the same thing, it started out as a small pimple and now it is bigger and is located on the left side of my vagina lip. I know that i don't have a STD, because i went to the doctor for a complete physical 2 wks ago and everything came back neg. But i would like to say that about 3 years ago i had a boil on my tail bone and i had to have it lanced but the doctor suggested that i use Ichthammol Ointment 20%, this works wonders. It has a awful smell, somewhat like tar but it will bring the boil to a head and it will pop itself......... It never nice for us to go through all the pain, but now i know that im not alone..... Thanks
Well....update....
just about a week ago my pain went down to a 1 when i went to the bathroom....
i was so thankful
i actually started my period on tue and it ended fri last week and next thing u know...i have no pain although one day it hurt when i had to pee while on my period.....
i have checked it out and its still there but less pink/red
i can walk fine
do things normal
but im still not having sex lol ....not until i see an obgyn!!
my bf and i really wonder about it all and even hes little scared to have sex knowing i could be in pain or it could come back!!
well, we r both patient
and i know i have no stds....or hiv cause i was tested nov and dec
strange how so many of u say its on ur left side too!! isnt that sooooo wierd??? lol wow
so its still there but as i said just like a scar/sore but w/out pain finally and i couldnt b more thankful and happier ...
i still need to know what it is though.....
I have had boils reoccur over the years but I havent shared any of my episodes with my partner he is a bit narrowminded and would immediately think stds am I alone in this? Maybe I should let read some of these stories
I don't know which is was,maybe a combo of both,but I did the baking soda paste and took tumeric capsules and the boil area has decreased soooo much and definitely not as irritated!
I had just got a  boil on the upper left lip of my girl stuff, I didn't think anything of it, then it got a white head on it, Guess what i did?  Yes, i popped it, hurt like a mother cubboard, then started noticing more and more boils on my girl stuff, don't understand what is going on, I don't have a period, I am 25, well almost. i have two toddlers, arg arg!!! they are very crazy kids, is this boil issue due to a lot of stress?  just curious. I know that i'm a medical assistant, but I don't want to disscuss this stuff to my friends, my boyfriend thinks that i am lien to him about these boils, it's causing personal issues in my relationship to. PLEASE HELP!!!  thanks
hello Dct. madam my vagina in a boil wath to do mam plz tel ....
I am wondering the same thing if it is a boil. I do shave so that may have caused it. I know my few sex partners that I have had are clean. Could irritation of the area just cause one to appear? I get stys and cysts too. I made an appointment but will they just go away?
Boils or as other people refer to them risings are a normal way for you body to get rid of bacteria and you can get them anywhere even under your arms,vagina,backside inner thigh ect.... There is a product you can purchase over the counter called boil ease that works very to bring the boil to the point of bursting it looks and smells like tar and it will stain your clothing so wear something old because it will not wash out easily. Use this in combination with very hot baths/hot compresses and in a few days you will have some relief! Tip once it begins to drain squeeze out all the fluids you can because it can close back up and stay longer or come back it will hurt to do this and sometimes smell very badly but the more you get out the better you will feel later:)
Boils are an infected ingrown hair.  Most Dr's will not remove it due to the area in which it is located being a high risk due to infection.  Get some pharmacuetical grade Tea Tree oil with the least amount of Cineole (the lower the better) and put it on the boil a minimum of 3 x's a day.  You may have to lance it with a needle to get rid of the puss as the time goes by.  If you're good about doing this, it should be gone within 8 mo.  I had one for years and every Dr refused to drain it.  This is what I did and it has been gone over 3 years now!  It was definitely worth the effort b/c where mine was, was located right near the crease of my jeans and it hurt to wear them.  I had to wear spandex for a long time!
Wowww.. Never thought I would feel so relieved to hear that its a common thing to have these pimples or boils on my vaginal area.. I had this issue for quite some time now.. and was worried it was herpes but my issue doesnt look like any of those pictures out there.. i had a big boil that came around the same time as my period.. and it freaked me out.. yes i have unprotected sex with my boyfriend.. but he recently was tested and everything came back negative.. i go in for my testing in the morning.. theres like a reddish pink pimple on the left side of my lip.. but no discharge or anything.. i have noticed that when i use my acne meds down there... the boils go down.. so im thinking it could bacteria related... but im no doctor...hopes this helps!!
How long should you wait to have sex after a boil has gone away???
I have the same issue started on my thighs worked up to my vaginal I have a huge one on the actual vaginal area it kills an keeps draining blood very soft feeling it the size of a cherry I dnt think its an aye because its not an open rash I only get one at a time I've had the thigh issue a few years can't get rid of them could I b stuck like this forever I'm so scared its serious I'm only 22 I shouldn't have these issues
I too have had boils for the past year. Sometimes only one- but I have had maybe 5 at one time. I went to Gyno, she said it was a type of vaginal acne and prescribed a pill, Doxycycline, which helped but caused nausea for about two hours after taking. I couldn't deal with that. I have just started applying a topical mixture of two over-the-counter ointments - Prid and a nail fungus med called Reclear. Boils are responding. Hope to be boil free in another couple of days.
Is it possible to get rid of those vaginal boils completely?
I am younger, and havent started my period, so im not willing to go to my mother, mych less a gynecologist..Can anyone give me any tips.. I put some lotion on it, and it helped a little.. I thought it was where i shaved down there... After reading all of this, i have the same symptoms, it is getting very painful and unvearable.. Thanks you all.
i too have been having this problem. the boils seem to appear like two days after my period. i thought it was the tampons that i was using. it is very painful when i pee because the pee runs right over the boil ( TMI ) i am very terrified that my pee will infect it worse that it already is. it is very uncomfortable and i dont wanna keep turning my fiance down for sex. i am going to get some baking soda in the morning and i will let you all know the results! thanks ladies!
I've had boils on and around my vagina since I was a young teen, after a decade of pain,discomfort and shame I've become a pro at healing myself. First, when the big swollen knot forms it needs a helping hand at "popping" or leaking, my great grandmother was a wise woman and in her notes she said scrape a white potato and place the tablespoon of scrappings on cotton(gauze) and let it press against the boil. After several minutes(sometimes an hour or so) the head will start to soften and if your lucky ooze and leak. It takes my boils sometimes an entire day to finish leaking out pus and toxic blood...keep it clean. Wipe it with anti bacteria wipes or a warm cloth with soap and water. The idea is to keep germs from infecting near by and causing more boils.
my daughter is 8 monthes old and has the same thing its on her right lip and it got swole to the size of a baseball and i am in the hospital with her now for a week and a day and they did a culture of the puss that they drained out of it and they found ecoli and mrsa and the swelling is still there and this is the 2nd tim that they have surgically drained it she is in so much pain i dont know wat i can do for her and now because of the antibiotics that they have her on she now has clostridrum difficile and that is an infection that is in the stool so now she is on other antibiotics for that it just seem like 1 thing after another. my advice is to wash with dial soap and do wat they said with the as hot as u can stand compresses and bathes cuz that will sooth it and toothpaste will also bring it to a head also its an old remedy that my grandmother taught me. good luck and hope this helps whoever needs it
Hi All,
It is sad to see the amount of posts and that pain which every one of you is facing.
I can relate to it as I have got 4 of them recently and are ofcourse painful.
Reasons is still under examination, docs say that they are may be because of vaginal fungal infection which I am suffering from an year now.

Only thing i wated to share is I have tried using a homeopathy medicine suggested by one of my close doctor relative named  

Belladonna 30.
Original Product / Mfg by :
Dr. Reckeweg & Co GmbH
D-64625 Bensheim - Made in Germany

Trust me they are going small now......and less painful.
I hope it helps all and relieves you all from this irritating disease.
Homeopathy doesnt generally hold any side effects.

All d best people.
Dosage :
Belladonnna 30 is taken in liquid form
You can either put 2 drops on your tongue directly or you can dissolve 2 drops in half a cup water.
Repeat this process 4 times a day and you will see the effect withing 2-3 days......the size will start decreasing.

Wishin luck to all
I had this to happen to me a few weeks ago I could not sit up or walk & lying down was difficult. I tried everything not sure what really made it come to an head but one night I took a hot bathe in epsom salt but before I got in the tub I put peroxide on the area got into the tub soaked and when I got out the tube I put more peroxide on it and applied monistat cream this eased the pain & I went to bed woke up the next morning it had burst so much pulse and blood & creamy white stuff came out I had to squeeze it a little but what a relief. The pain of having them is horrible I was also told about a ointment black salve
I have the same problem and im 33 . My whole family has this problem its called hydranitis not for sure of the spellong but the symptoms are the same under my armpits,inner thights, bottom ,and new spot bottom left side of my stomach. How awful my new Dr suggested birth control to stop my cycle every month but the one she gave me is on T.V warning ladies not to take it. Another Dr suggested botox to kill the sweat glands All I know is I want relife very tired of this happing. Painful and unsightly......
ughh i so know what you guys are going through. Im experiencing it right now as we speak. Couldnt sleep at all and put neosporin and bandaids on it. It burned like hell but i jus hung it out. Then in the morning i could take it and walked gapped leg to the tub and sat in hot water. I noticed that overnight it had bled. Woo taking those bandaids off hurt like hell! Then all of a sudden alot of blood rushed out. Sat for anothe 45 mins so it could drain but it still swollen and devastatingly painful!! I applied peroxide and neosporin again! What else should i do to help it ease tha pain and drain faster!! Please helpp!!!
Try hot bath soaks with epsom salt to "draw" the boil contents.  Then use a black drawing salve from drug store.  It "draws" the infectious pus out. Yuk, I know. This is the only thing that worked after trying many things.  Incredibly painful!  I dabbed good amount of salve on sterile bandages, applied to area with snug panty.  When it's ready to pop, I help it along by apply antibiotic ointment to sterile bandage and squeezing gently in shifts over an hour or so to get it ALL out.  The infected goo stinks like hell and is contagious, so wash up good and get rid of it. A mix of yellow, green pus, white sebum, hair and blood. Like another posted, giant hole left, no worries, gently wash and cleanse, then apply antibiotic ointment on gauze and snug panty for comfort and low friction until healed.  Don't do ointment past 2 days, will cause irritation, body can take over from there.  Usually when you go to change gauze and no more drainage/blood, stop the ointment and do just plain gauze. I would just check the gauze and change if soiled.
Oh, and for those tough underneath spots, use a mirror on a close toilet lid to see and keep hands free to inspect.
I had a boil on my vagina lip.  My doctor prescribed Keflexon. It works and I took 2 turmeric vitamins a day.  Can get turmeric in the vitamins area at walmart. it only cost $7.00.  The boil will not get any bigger, actually will start shrinking and will not hurt anymore
R u suppose to pluck the hair with tweeters or let it bust on its own
I think I have a boil (not sure)...but Omg  its extremely painful to walk, sit, sleep. Never have I had this before. It's hard, no puss visible, its golf size on my inner left labia between my anus and vagina. I've been with this pain for about 6 days and the pain just gets worst. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow I'm so scared of what the doctor will do, since it hurts so much without even touching it. Does anyone know what the doctor will be doing to me?
Sorry I didn't read before you went. I am suffering from the same thing and totally freaked.  I had a MRSA three months ago treated with antibiotics and have used hebiclens since then on armpits, privates. Praying this will go away on it's own but doubt it.  How did it come out for you if you don't  mind letting us know.
This suck, I have the same thing going on. It is some thing in between a boil amd an in grown hair. It *****. Maybe by now someone has some advice on relief or how long to wait before trying ti pop or drain?
it would be wise to see a doctor asap. whether you are sexually active or not. no point in suffering and besides what if it is something serious? so do yourself a favor and don't wait.
Im experiencing the same thing that most of you guys experienced. I hate boils specially vaginal boils. Hassle and very painful. Earlier on i thought it was just pimples but as day passes it develops into boils. Im worried now and decided to visit a derma tomorrow morning. This is the first time i had vaginal boils. I felt good knowing im not the only one suffering from this. I really hope the boils will go away soon.
wow what a long post over so many years. Honestly, I have a similar situation but it really doesn't seem to be a "boil" as described here. I have a history of staph infections and the bad thing about it is that once you get one it seems to continue to come back over and over again (MRSA) with no pattern as to how long it stays dormant. Anyway, the dr prescribed a MONTHS worth of Bactrim for my golf ball size "knot" that I have on the lip of my vagina. I really has thought that it was an abscess in the Bartholin's gland there but with this antibiotic prescribed it is specifically for staph so I guess that wasn't it. The soaking and ointment hasn't done anything for me, no head, hard as a rock and I was instructed to use a washcloth to soften it. its been 3 weeks now. if by tuesday nothing has changed, I'm going to the emergency room and have them lance it for me.
My key suggestion here is don't put off going to the dr. Staph isn't something to play with and it seems like most of the cases of these sorts of "boils" end up being staph.
my lip on the right side has been swollen off and on for almost a yr it is not hard and sometimes does seep out liquid. But i have been told if you get it lanced it will not solve the problem cause it will come back so i am not sure what to do. Please post how you made out
I think y'all shld try a bucket(d'size of ur butt) with half filled really hot water, pure in a cap of disinfectant, and some salt then sit on it 4 as long as u can so d'steam can really get into d'vargina but also remember to use a towel. It really helps, after this is done, u may drop some garlic juice on d'surface of d boil.
Hi Everyone!!

I used to get these painful things all of the time. I would seek the advice of doctors and they all told me the same things..."nothing is wrong". THEN I got pregnant. I did not get a single boil during my pregnancy which led me to believe they were developing due to some kind of hormonal imbalance. I don’t know how long it takes for a woman’s hormones to go back to the way they were before pregnancy....but two years after the birth of my child I started to develop them again. This again leads me to believe it is hormonal. Please...to every woman who seems to develop these things on a regular basis please give one thing a try. Evening PRIMROSE!! You can find them at GNC, Amazon, Whole Foods, Target...so on! Take one or two a day (I take two) for thirty days and see how your body reacts. The oil contained in the soft-gel tablets really help to regulate MY hormones. (I hope they do the same for you) I am NOT saying that this will heal the boils that you already have. If you suffer from the boils regularly you should see a difference in frequency after trying Primrose for a period of time.
One more thing...if you develop one that has not started to drain, try patting the area with regular ol' hydrogen peroxide. Key word is TRY. These things hurt like a MOFO when you touch them. But the peroxide really helps to clean the area...and I find that it helps with the pain a bit.
Best wished ladies! We have to keep our girls down there in tip top shape so we scare off our husbands!
Hi!
You sound just like me. I dont know if you are still having the issue but try taking Evening Primrose everyday for a month. You should see a differnce during your next cycle. Best wishes!
i have a swell on my
I am going through the same thing as you . a month ago I had a boil on my upper , inner thigh it got half way down to my knee went to the dr  he had to make an incicsion and pack it. Now I have boils on my vagina had 3 to be exact 1 is gone , the 2nd is going away but the 3rd is very large. I put prid on them and also garlic juice at night, that has helped alot. the pain is very bad and hard to walk and sit. I keep prid or anitbiotic ointment on gauze over them the moisture helps ease the rubbing which is the most painful. hope this can help.
Yes I feel you I have one now and its painfull just got it yesterday n im like in tears.it swollen since lastnight
i have a huge boil on my pubic mound and it hurts like hell!!! can barely walk without a limp, cant wear panties as it hurts, but mine only ever come up wen i have been excercising alot and sweating, i also get wat i class as friction burns along ma inner thigh right on ma knicker line, they generally come the same time as these boils, i only ever get one, ive had it for 2 days now and still no head has appeared. How do i get it to appear so i can put myself out of my misery as it hurts sooooo much!!!
i am so glad to find this page!my problem is similar to the above with hard boils coming out around the genital area.since febr of this year to now i have been struggling to find a solution not just to let the boils go down but to get rid of it completely including the marks.i have visited my dermatologist and gynaecologist, and no treatment worked.i've tried schederma cream,baneocin cream,bactroban %pomad cream along with a whole lot of antibiotic pills.i've tried sitting over hot water with baking soda.there is still itching occurring.currently i have no boils b/cause i am still on antibiotics.after each course of pills the hard boils take a week before reappearing.i've also tried putting vicks with a bandage on but all it does is gather the information making it easier to squeeze out. i've tried showering with bleach in the water but no change even detal.oh i have discovered that this is a skin infection b/cause i did various tests and this bacteria is not in my blood stream.i've pick this up from using the same toilet with an infected person :-(((......
desperately looking forward to get rid of this problem for good.
i forgot to mention that everytime a boil is squeezed it spreads(can't help squeezing.....the swelling and pain is too much!) even on the butt!
People keep saying, "I been with my husband for so many years".....but what is that suppose to mean? You don't no what your husband is doing behind your back, so be careful how you vouch for him. #justsaying
I use hibiclens in those areas too and I find relief from the pain with using Boil ease and black drawing salve (It smells bad) but works wonders. It will come to a head and pop after two applications, usually about one day. Keep gauze in that area because you will need it. I called my doc and he prescribed doxycycline antibiotic. I don't now how this is going to work because I've only been taking it for one day now. But I will let you all know if it does work for me.Just keep the area padded up and cleaned well and discard down the toilet or burn all of the items you use to pad the spot and squeeze out all of the pus until it becomes clear red blood only.  
i have a swallowing thing that looks like boil beside my clitoris,its very painful,i bearly walk nor sit even if i lay down i hv to sprend my legs...do you think appicox bisham can do the magic.....i want to known what the cause and whats the remedy
wow this has been a while.....from my last post i visited another dermatologist and she placed me on another dose of antibiotics for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks....surprisely at the end of that course i bounced all around thinking that i was finally healed from the hard boil break-outs. After 4 weeks to about the fifth week of seeing my skin back to its normal smoothes i notice the break-outs again. Currently i am seeing a herbalist who is treating me for herpes simplex! i don't accept this report........but determine to get rid of this skin irritation i am trying out the herbal treatment! today is the starting of my 4th session of herbal treatment (tablet, oniment, tea bag, lotion) and the is mutliple break-outs.....not as severe as the first. i am so trying to cope with all this.....any help!!!!
***and there are mutliple break-outs
I have had the same its on my left lip anand its so pain full I can't walk I have told my mother and she said its a boil but a other 1 come right next to it and I showed my boyfriend and he said go to the doctors but I'm going to try to drain it some how but I can't move and I don't know what to do I've had sex with my boyfriend for a while now but he's worrying just incase its cancer or something I had the boil and its gotten bigger and more pain comes evan more
I have what seems like a genital boil, but it doesn't hurt....? No pain, just pus and a bump. Anyone have a suggestion? Is it the same as everyone else? Warm cloth and time?
I had a small bump start next to my lip(down there), i thought it could be an ingrown hair. I became pregnant and the dr was down there examing and never said a thing, it increased in size some but my obgyns never said a thing, that was some time  ago, i still have it, nothing was ever said and i never asked. Im scared of what it could be, i didnt know what to do about this since they never seemed worried about me having it. Its not painful but i know its there and im afraid of getting close to someone intimately
I have the same issue and it is really painful and i dont know how much longer it is going to take for the pain to ease i cant even wear undies right now i heard epsom salt with a hot hot bath helps dors anyone know
Thank you for your comment, thats exactly what I'm going thru with right now.  It's on the inside of my lip far inside on the lip and it started oiut small then i realized it was growing and getting hard like a boil...I am using A&D ointment until I get to my MD and it seems to ease the pain but thankfully its only painful if I actually touch it, but washing it isnt so bad either.
Im going through this right now it is very painfulln. Ive drained but now I havebthis bubble type thing .. I've been covering it with bandaids so I could wear my panties.. I've been going through this for about 4 weeks now.. I'm scarred to see my doc.. what should I do
just an update....after using a whole lot of meds my pharmacist suggested that i blend karela the vegetable and drink a snap glass 2 times daily...surprisely this worked.....i have been cured for more than a month now....i still need to find a doctor that would perform an infectious test on me....good luck to the readers!!
Oh wow I'm 20 years and had this thing grow in me since I was like a teenager.
So I told my mom about it, I think I was like 14 and she said I should track when it occurs.
I did this but I didn't understand the point of it all and I continued to have them probably 3-4 times a year.
But now that I'm older I kinda figured that it only ever occurred when I gained weight, during my exam periods or if I have assignments to hand-in and especially if I'm on my periods.
Ultimately I realised I got them whenever I gained a whole lotta weight and by eating junk food.
I won't lie it still bothers me and I've never seen a doctor about it. But really it makes no difference coz I usually diagnose myself for everything.

Thought I'd also share my exprience.
I'm experiencing the same thing, I thought I'd let it heal natrually except its just getting bigger and bigger so I but into something and popped it because I couldn't take the pain anymore, it looks so gross it still hurts how long will it take to heal?? :(
I got a topical ointment from my pharmacists. it smells like a burnt tire, but the swelling was cut in half shortly after appling it to my boil. it's not completely gone yet, but is shrinking with every apllication. only cost $12. you will need pads due to drainage and the cream is blackish brown. It is called Ichthammol Ointment. No perscription was needed, even thouhg the pharmacist keeps it in the back.

I find out that I got mine from bottled water. Whatever they put in it gave me some sort of allergic reaction. I tried distilled water but that didnt work much either. After I stopped drinking those two mine have started to go away.
that's not the matter of sexual intercourse either. i used to get  such boils before marriage as well as now when i am married for 5 years and a mother of 1 boy.  during pregnancy my gynecologist said that its bcoz of heat in the body. but the problem still persists even after 3 yrs. i only try to keep myself clean and when the blisters come (specially 9-10 days after menses) and stat itching very badly, i take a clean needle and try to pierce the blister so that the puss comes out. only then i get some relief. may be we can try increasing the water intake or the last option is to meet the gynech. see you. dont worry.
My roomate's experiencing the exact symptoms with the first complainer. Hope dese suggestion works cos recently, she noticed signs of fever too.
Omg thank u guys so much for this site Ithought it was an std but knew better cause there's noway well on our end we know what we do but we really don't know boutb our partners thank u so much
I have these bumps that are on my vagina only where the hair grows some are big little they itch and bust on their own and blood comes out I always have spots of blood from where they bus and they don't scab its jus a open hole what is it?
I have these little hard bumps down there i cant feel them without touching them they dont hurt at all they dont open up or crust over there jyst there they been there a while i just dont know but i do get a tingle every once in a while some one help me
Omg I'm in the same exact situation! Oh jeez, these boils get painful >.< I would get them and not notice it for probably around 2 or 3 days, then they begin to hurt. They come up about once every 2 months, even if I didn't shave recently. I currently have one that I've been trying to pop for hours because it's irritating, and what makes it worse is that I'm on my period -.- Ughh why is being a female so painful?? :'(
i have the same problem right now..i.have a boil on my left lip of vagina its the first time to have sth like that..at first it was itching and i was during my period so i just thought it might be from using pads but after 2 days i felt that i have sth down with a size of a grape and hurt sooo badly that i couldnt walk..sit or even sleep although i have to go to college for attending my exams so walking makes it even worse.. i cant touch it..i tried using antibiotic but it just hurt even more and its very hard i dunno what to..and u girls are talking about having these things for years? it really freaked me out
Hi Gogo, ever thought of going to your good old doctor, let him/her have a look at it, or if you shaved before this come up could be an ingrowing hair, the little buggers can do that, but just please get to your doctor.
Good Luck
I tried the same mixture and the boil is now draining. It isn't all the way gone but it feels alot better. I am now doing the flour and vinegar paste and i hope to see results in the morning. I used to wear panty liners everyday to and the boil did start around the time i started wearing them everyday. Thank you for enlightening me. No more panty liners for me EVER.
Omg I have the same thing right now and it's huge painful can't hardly walk having to set on a pillow I've tried the hot bath hot wash cloth but not the ice someone please tell me something else that will help please (lol) I'm in miserable pain down there.
Im not sure if I have the same thing or not but it sounds similar. I think mine may have already popped because it has a scab like thing over it, but there are still smaller bumps around the big one? And during this whole time of it being there I have stayed between a fever of 99 and 103, i also have bumps in my throat on the left and right side underneith ny jaw bone and also on the back of my neck it hurts to swollow, yawn, and eat and drink alot of things, i just recently today started have left ear pain, like its clogged. Any answers? ive been to see a doctor twice, im desperate!
I get the same thing way too often. I usually put hot compresses on it and the drain it. I went to the er once and they told me I need anti bs. It can be caused because of an infection in your blood or skin
hi...had tis same kind of boil...and went to doc..immediately.believe me friends..TBACT ointment works ..i gave hot compresses nd then tbact oint ment nd also some anti biotics..and it went...please use Tbact ointment u wont be having inflammation at al..nd u wil be relieved..thanks
I wanted to share this. I had boil too on left lip of my vagina for almost a month.. Then i started to research.. reading lot of comments in diff. websites. Thought its somethin so serious like maybe i have std or somethin.. but after all the research and saw lot of diff pics of boils i convinced, i had boil because of shaving.. lol! But then i panic.. cause its been a month so i operate my own vagina.. I make sure i have everything like needle, alcohol, cotton and of course my hands is clean and the needle is clean too. Then it drain.. first came out is the little yellow part and i notice there's a small hair on it(and it really makes me feel good when i saw that little hair lol cause it means its just a boil) after that its all blood..  Then after 4 or 5 days my vagina looks healthy again.. its like nothings happen hahaha.. Im so proud of my self lol!