boil on vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

boil on vagina

About a week before my menstrual cycle I get boils on my  vagina. These cause discomfort. To the point where even wearing underware hurt.  Is there anything I can do to prevent these boils from appearing?
  • boil on vagina? (165 replies):
    I am 35 yrs old and have only had sex with my husband fo...[more]
  • sores on vagina (1 replies):
    i was on my period and i had really bad dry sex with my ...[more]
  • Boils/Bumps? (1 replies):
    A couple nights ago, my vagina felt very dry and was itc...[more]
  • Vaginal Tears (1 replies):
    Hi there. i thought i was the only one with this proble...[more]
  • bumps (1 replies):
    ive never had sex and i noticed i have a hard bump on mi...[more]
I had a problem ones... the doctor told me to have warm baths in that area at least 2 times a day. It helped me.  
I just went to the doctor about the same problem as the very first post.  It is very painful but I have figured out that I can walk a little better with a thick maxi pad in my panties.  Before that I couldn't even put panties on today.  My doctor gave me the antibiotic Duricef but I am also trying a home remedy I found online tonight so I will try to let everyone knows if it works or not.  Below is the site that I found the remedy on...
http://www.morphemeremedies.com/homeremedies_boil.htm
There is also a webiste called www.earthclinic.com that has a lot of natural cures for everything you can think of...Good Luck to any woman who has to endure this, it is not fun!!
Oh, my doctor also advised to do hot/wet washclothes on the effected area for 20 minutes at least twice a day.  
This should be examined by a doctor. Also, if you develop folliculitis, which is what you have described, repeatedly, there is then a reason to be concerned. If no known cause can be found, it would then be possible you have a rather serious autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome. This disease's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, fissures, and folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. Also, be careful choosing a doctor, you want to see someone who know's enough to tell you what Behcet's Syndrome is all about, if they don't know that, they don't know enough to help you. Visit the American Behcet's Disease association message board for more information.
Thank you so much!