boils or ingrown hair?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

boils or ingrown hair?

Every once in awhile , I get these bumps, not really sure if they are boils but the doctor says they are ingrown hairs. They swell up and are very painful to touch. Since I started getting them, I've had one appear in my underarm, the rest either appear in my inner thigh or above my public line. I've even had two going on at once on each inner thigh. Hot compresses seem to help, but it hurts so much, I've tried topical creams and other liquids, each and every one leaves a nasty scar behind. Does anyone know for sure what they might be or what causes/prevents them?
That has happened to me once like 2 weeks ago!! I had no idea what it is either but i was  alittle embrassed to ask.....if someone knows please help.... did they ever pop and pus come out?? they hurt badly i know!! I had one near my pubic hair line, i thought they might have been ingrown hair but i have never had one like that either!
Hopefully yours don't come back, mine keep reappearing in different spots, not due to shaving because they appear anytime and not after sex either. Haven't noticed to see if I could "pop" one or not, was too painful!!!
This is what boils are:
At first, a painful red nodule appears on the skin. This grows bigger and then breaks down in the middle where the pus collects. The patient experiences a great deal of irritation and itching. There may be a single skin boil, or several boils in the same area or in different areas at or about the same time, or they may come in successive crops. The swelling may not be limited to one hair follicle but may extend to several follicles. When the skin boils ripen, they give out a discharge. Fever may sometimes accompany the boils.

Zoey, if yours is pussed filled, it seems like it's a boil, however, the symptoms seems somewhat the same as mine, however , I don't notice any puss,discharge or fevers it's just very hard and sore.

Mine was very painful, when i would sit it would be touched by my legot my underwaer, I know it was super painful but iwas a little scared by it so I popped it (i know gross) but i did and pus came out, it relived me. mine started the same why. I almost thouht maybe it was a cyst.... did you think of that? i hope it isnt serious!
I did on search on the cyst and no, it doesn't seem to be one of those. The only thing I'm thinking is that it must be a boil because everything sounds remotely the same EXCEPT the puss/discharge part..!?!

If one appears again and it will sting ALOT, is to put a hot compress on it so the swelling goes down. Make sure the area is thoroughly clean with unscented soap like dove ( I find it the mildest)Unless you have any other ideas, good luck!
You can buy something called Boil-ease (sp) at the drugstore.  Several people I work with have used this and it appeared to help.   Basically you need to keep the area moist.   Good luck.
I found this site tonight while searching for information on what you all are talking about.  I actually found this particular site by reading posts from last summer about this very topic. I too have these "lumps" on my inner thighs.  The only thing that concerns me is that I have more than what it seems others have.  At some points in time both my thighs look black and bruised.  The first time my fiance saw them he freaked out.  I freaked out the first time I saw how black and disfigured they looked.  I thought it was cancer and I broke down and cried and had a panic attack in the shower.  I was going on a trip with a bunch of girlfriends who are nurses and I showed it to them.  My sister who was there and is a nurse of course was very concerned and told me to go see my physician.  Another friend told me they were ingrown hairs and that she "dug hers out" with a needle (OUCH! GROSS!)  Anyway, mine start out feeling like a small pimple or small lump under my skin and then raise up from the skin and spread out fairly large and turn a blackish-purple in the middle and deep red around the edges.  They become sensitive and then very painful to the touch.  After a day or two like this they begin to shrink and eventually flatten out, although the dark color stays in the center on several of them.  About a week or so later, they start again.  I first thought they were ingrown hairs but after reading the other post from last year, I know they are the sebacious(sp) cysts as I had one removed from my tailbone area 9 years ago, I just didn't tie it together as this is much different, although very similar, to that.  They are boil like, but unlike a boil that is a one time thing, these will continue to come back in most cases it seems.  I do plan on seeing my doctor about it next month but I was glad to find that it seems to be fairly common and hopefully not anything too serious.
I've had ingrown hairs where puss comes out, so it could easily still be an ingrown hair. It's nasty and pops like a zit, and you usually can see the hair somewhere in the mess, but not always.
I was wondering how long you did your sores last for? I think that I might have one of those also. I have symptoms that sound like those.
They have been coming and going for almost 4 years now. Months I would go without any at all, then one would appear to me it seems, out of the blue. I have no major concern health wise. It's just an uncomfortable part of life I have to adjust with. It may be hereditary as my grandfather used to have them under his arms all the time. The only thing I would like to know is if they will appear for the rest of my life or is there something I can do to stop them. Again , they are painful so if you are experiencing the same thing, I know what you are feeling!!!
Just reread your question... How long do they last for? It depends on how I treat them. Some when they get out of hand, like very sore incapable to walk type deal, I HAVE to put a hot compress on them to reduce swelling. These usually last a few days. Others I can adjust and they go away on their own, again leaving scars behind. Either way , if I treat them or not, they leave scars for some reason!
Thanks bbird, will try it if it is available in Canada.!! :)
I used to get these things near my bikini line; VERY painful, very swollen, and would leak pus especially when pushed on.

My doctor took a culture while I was having one and said that it was staph bacteria invading my shaving bumps.  She said we naturally have staph bacteria on our bodies everyday but they were invading a shaving cut and causing an infection.  At the time I only used Ivory soap so she told me to switch to antibacterial bar soap (something strong like 'Dial') and I haven't seen one single sore since then.

Some women in the past have said that didn't help, but it certainly helped me and it's worth a try if you can't find any relief.

Good luck!
My symptoms are exactly like yours. I get these swollen red bumps in my bikini area that are painful and tender. It's hard to move around sometimes. They swell and then after a few days go away. I had one in my armpit a year ago, and then I got one in the groin and just recently got another one, but they leave little spot-like scars afterwards. They're beginning to freak me out.
I have had all of the above...geez, that sounds bad.  Ok, I have had small hard bumps which were ingrown hairs and I have had boils and cysts - I have been told by my doc that boils are the same as sebacceous cysts.  You should use warm/hot compresses as often as possible - for 15 minutes every hour - or until it erupts on its own.  If you push on it or squeeze it, you risk further infection.  There will be some infection if it is in an area of the body that may have friction - ie: underarm, inside thigh, under breasts, etc.  Also, my pharmacist suggested I use Ichthammol Ointment 20%.  It stinks - smells like tar and it is black and sticky - but it works.  My grandmother said "in her day, it was called black sauve".  Just found out about all this - in fact other people in another forum mentioned it.  They can leave some pretty nasty scars.  Hope this helps.
P.S. If it is in the lower half of your body, I suggest doing sitz baths with epsom salts as well - atleast it takes some of the soreness away. And when you use the ointment, clean and dry the area first, use the ointment and cover with sterile gauze - can do this up to twice daily.  BTW, it will stain the heck out of your clothes.
Based on the intermittent recurrance of the symptoms over a long period of time and their location, a possible diagnosis for xmaggiex's condition is Hidradenitis Suppurativa

The following may prove interesting.

http://www.hs-usa.org/abstracts/abstract_viewer.asp?ID=91

http://www.hs-usa.org/hidradenitis_suppurativa.htm

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3225/is_8_72/ai_n15863463

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ruthb/HidradenitisSuppurativa.html

http://rarediseases.about.com/cs/hidradenitissupp/a/072703.htm

I myself am a sufferer but so far only in a relatively mild Stage I form.

Hidradenitis Suppurativa is an "orphan disease" (i.e. a disease in which the medical profession has not yet taken much interest nor done much serious research on. They are only just starting to acknowledge its existence) and as such, diagnosis and treatment can be a very hit and miss affair. BE CAREFUL; do your own research and don't take anyone's "expert" advice totally for granted (my own included!)

I'm sure that in 20 years' time the pharmaceutical industry will have realised that there are massive profits to be made and we'll have a tailor-made slew of drugs to choose from. Until then good luck with your own search for an effective treatment because the disease seems to go very different ways for different people.

I personally have found it to be (almost!) a blessing in disguise. Faced with the unappealing prospect of progression to Stages II and III of the disease, I have really pulled myself together and now lead a pretty damned healthy lifestyle.

Whether I have halted the progress of the disease or whether further deterioration is inevitable, no-one (not even the doctors) can say with any certainty.

I just stay positive, live with the flare-ups and, in the meantime, enjoy the benefits of feeling 10 years younger due to improved diet and LOTS of exercise!

Good luck again

Hey KT80, Thank you so much for the sites and info.  After looking at this and reading about this, I believe this is what I have.  I almost cried looking at it - I don't have them all the time but I do have flare ups around the time of my period.  Any doc I've ever been to told me it was sebaceous cysts, etc.  I have dealt with this alone for a very long time.  In your opinion, should I consult my gyn doc or my gp and ask for referral to dermatologist?  I think with the scarring under my breats and between my legs, I would consider surgery.
Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you for the info, will check it out...
Sorry, it was Charley not Charlie

See! Anything can happen when you don't do your research properly lol
Hey Charlie, thanks for the thanks

Remember: having this thing makes you a pioneer, whether you want to be or not.

And as a pioneer there is no-one but you to find the best way forward for yourself.

What I mean is that no one (myself included) can give you better advice than you can find out for yourself because there are too many variables in each of our individual situations to make general all-encompassing advice any good.

For example, I don't know if the local dermatologist that your gyn doc/gp might refer you to knows anything about Hidradentis Suppurativa. Maybe s/he does, maybe not. Maybe s/he's an expert, maybe s/he thinks H.S. is all in your mind.

You need to find out.

Similarly does the surgeon whom you've (hypothetically) chosen have much experience with H.S. or is it their first time dealing with it? If s/he's experienced, is s/he any good? How are the other patients that s/he has operated on doing?

You need to find out.

Of course, you may or may not be able to find this stuff out. Probably the examples I've given above are bad: could I find that stuff out if I were in your place? Maybe not. My point is you've got to get that pioneer mindset that says you are the leading partner in your own treatment (of course, don't be too demandingly strident with the pros; docs are only human and in this case, may not know too much more than you. Likewise, don't get so desperate for any quick cure that you become gullible; as well as predators who want your money there are also a lot of well-meaning folks out there who don't know sh:t from shynola)

Remember: if you don't do your own research you won't get the best treatment.

Don't rush into anything because of the sense of panic you can feel rising now. Don't fret, you're not alone; it's a normal reaction. All us pioneers get that sinking feeling to start off with!

Just do your own research and TAKE YOUR TIME.

(Hmmm capital letters. That bit about taking your time must be pretty important)

Again, good luck, pioneer. You'll find the way
Well, with reading and looking at all the pictures, it seems to resemble what I may have. Although, thank goodness mine only are the size of dimes rather than baseballs!!!

Little did I know so many suffer from these horrible outbreaks. I do notice some show up during my menstral cycle others do not, they seem to have a mind of their own!!

Stress, heat, constant friction are known factors which contribute to these, in which I will monitor closely. I will consult with my doc to see if that's what they really are, but it seems close enough to me especially due to scarring..

KT, thank you so much for your imput regarding this issue. I may have gone on for many more years thinking they were ingrown hairs or boils. The correct term for it sounds unappealing, so I may just refer to it as "Fox disease" as I saw on one site.

Hopefully in due time, they can be healed without the scarring!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!
Thanks for the thanks, Maggie.

A name is just a name but maybe try a bit more reading into Fox-Fordyce disease.

I personally have come to the conclusion that Hidradenitis Suppurativa and Fox-Fordyce disease are two separate conditions. FF has distinctive smaller eruptions. See the following (although I say again to all: don't trust me, do your own research!):

http://www.skinatlas.com/fox-fordyce1.htm

http://www.acmls.org/Dermatolog/Dermatology/20_Intertriginous%20and%20Genital%20Problems/P_305.htm

http://dermis.multimedica.de/dermisroot/en/21914/image.htm

Unfortunately I have the one with the bigger lumps and the unattractive name, dammit (lol)

The only reason I mention it is that if HS is to get recognised and researched more by the medical profession, it helps if everyone refers to it by a single name. No big deal though. It'll get the attention it deserves eventually if we all educate our doctors.

I went to those sites you posted, and no , it is nothing like that at all.

I was stating that the name HS was unappealing to announce and saw one one site it can be aka Fox-disease lol.

I still believe I may have HS, but again, mine are the size of dimes and not golf or baseballs.

Again, will continue to research and consult my doc, but thanks again for your input.
what do i do.. i have ingrow hair on my but and its my First TIME EVER should i go SEE a doc?
and it hurts so bad!!
i had a similar situation this past week and the pain was unbearable for days i was in pain wiht a small red bump on my shoulder. then it got bigger and redder i got some of the black save on thurs. nite by sunday it had burst several times. but the pain continued to get worse by mond 9/3 i had to go to the emergency room and have it lanced because mine abcessed and i was really sick. this was the first time i had ever had one and prayfully it will be the last.  i was happy to read alll the notes because i didn't know what was wrong.
I have had both. Two years ago I had a sebaceous cyst which the Doctors thought it might have been a cancerous mass... Scarry..Anyway it ended being a cyst which they surgically removed and cultured. Warm compresses were very helpful for the pain. The cyst appeared very red, feverish and was soft filled with puss.. Now Ingrown hairs tend to be hard,red and painful too..Generally you can see the darkness of the hair trapped under the skin. Ichthammol is the stuff. But please beware there is mrca which is a very serious condition and can often be confused with these other symptoms. If this is not treated promptly and properly it can be fatal. So if you are unsure of your symptoms check it out with you GP even if it is embarrassing... It really is important to get diagnosed and the proper antibiotics. If you dont you end up with boils all over your body and it will not go away on it own....Just some freindly advise
Wow, i needed to read this site!!  I also suffer, and currently have a spot as i write, i was scared due to the fact that they keep coming back, i have had to have 2 of them drained by a doctor. like i said i have one under my arm now and it is extremely painful. It turned purple and i couldnt squeeze it if i tried, it is to painful. I've tried hot compressions, but it doesnt seem to go down at all. I can hardly move my arm, and i have a hard time sleeping a night because i wake up when i move in pain. I dont really know what to do. but it's good to see i am not alone!! thanks guys!!!
What I've experience is it's ingrown hair in the underarm. If it hurts the best thing to do is push it out and use a tweezer to get the hair(s) out. Might want an extra person to help out with that. It's gonna hurt but it's the only way to get those suckers out. You might even notice that there are more than just one and they probably have been there for like ages.
I just recently had one in the exact same spot [every time] due to shaving. The deodorant plays a great roll in ingrown hair. If you don't clean and scrub under there well and than you shave, all you are is packing that **** into the pores.
hey i have had an ingrowin hair for bout 2weeks now well the doctors seys its that but my partner was looking earlyer & he cud not find no hair to pull out or anything. im gettn quite worried. as its so painfull and all its doin is gettn bigger & more painfull my doctors gave me some tablets called erythomycin. but when i red the leaflet inseide it said..
take if ur pregnant or brest feeding
and if you suffer from liver problems...
noww i have or am mot none off them so
im confused y the doctor gave me that!!
ealryler on i pulled out all the hairs on the place or around it but its still the same so im reli confused!!
I also have had a condition for about two years that sounds like both the ingrown hair and the boil issue. The ingrown hair spots are always hard and purplish and painful, they seem to "fill up" and then reduce several times before finally something comes out. Lately I've noticed several black, course hairs coming out of the scars of the previous sites. I even had a two inch hair growing out of my shoulder, randomly. I am horrified by how ugly they are and the scars I am left with. People all look at me and question my friends and family if I am a meth-addict! Mine seem to come in crops, two to four per area.
Also I've had the boil type, soft and gushy (gross) and they build for days and when they finally burst it's disgusting how much stuff comes out, then a hole in my skin, crater-like. I just want it to go away, I can hardly go sleevless as mine are mostly on my arms, shoulders and back. A few on my face and legs, even my hands sometimes, the most painful spot is on my jaw line. I will try all of the recommended treatments and hopefully one will work for me. Since we all have our own chemical make up I think there may be more than one answer. So Pioneers makes sense, only if someone suffers from this can they understand, why am I so ashamed when I didn't do anything to cause this? I feel so ugly, I have always been an above average looking person, but not anymore.
i too have these bumps.  the one my doctor said was an ingrown hair he drained it and once again it blistered right up to being a bump and came to a head.  i have popped it numerous times and it just keeps coming back.  i cannot find a hair whatsoever in it and it is down below right outside of my underwear line and i am too embarrassed to have my significant other look for a hair.  then i have another bump that is just red and very hard to touch and sore.  my gyn told me today they were both ingrown hairs and to get ointment so i went and got ichthammol ointment 20%.  i have it on for the first time and will see if this will help.  however i dont want these to come up anymore and are quite annoying and embarrassing.
So glad I found you guys!!!!
I have had a large lump, in my bikini line, which keeps flaring up, then it fills with pus, bursts then flattens again for a while. I have had it for 8 months now!!!! it is very painful when it flares up, so much so that at times I feel like crying. Along with this I get smaller ones that flare up, burst then leave a hole in my skin, but do go away!! My Doc has tried antibiotics, creams etc, but its getting me  down now. I will look at Hidradenitis disease and see what my Doc says.
Hopefully we will have a fast solution soon!!
mine on the top of my pants line dark red black and blue is that what a boils look like
If you do get another ingrown hair you can pop it and remove the hair, don't remove it all the way, just the end that curled in. To do this put a warm compress on it for about 10 minutes and then with CLEAN tweezers gently lift the middle of the hair, the end that grew wrong will lift leaving the root in tact.
Having read all posts and website details. I felt comforted that others suffer but still no real result. I think GPs nowadays are useless in that they're knowledge is WAY too General and are more and more reluctant to refer onto specialists. I tend to do my research now & tell them what I want, its the only way they listen as they know I'm not one to be brushed off.

As for the ingrown hair/boils. Mine are a mixture of small red spots some ingrown hair others just irriatated erruptions. Some are large hard boil, some turn purple, some I cant wear trousers and some bleed. Its disgusting and I get anew one every other day-  I've used creams, worked on my diet, exercised, had some draind, some ive squeezed, some i've left to their own devices, used anti-bacterial products and a soap, used home remedies (including garlic/onion juice, betel leaves, hot compress etc etc), change of detergent BUT bad news Im still getting them as strong as ever.

They began when I was 18-19 and I'm 26 now. Ive tried many different things and these are only a start, I know for certain different things work for different people so bets advice make a list of all remedies found and tick them off. There are tons online. Anything that improves your condition stick to it and continue trying other things. try not to spend silly amounts of money as I mentioned I still get mine. I'm now working on Vitamin A & E deficiency and have some info on medical tests run in 2006 I'll be showing my Doctor. My biggest improvement I have to say is serious OCD-like body cleanliness (I make sure bed sheets are always clean, im always overly clean and clothing of course-its shown a great improvement to size and pain of spots). My brother also gets them and we've recognised that we both have a serious sweet tooth which though I've reduced considerably to see whether its a cause I've worked on reducing further as it definitely contributes to an extent.

Meanwhile good luck to all & the more we reserach & try the more luck we'll have at getting rid of this or at least making it less visibily embarassing.
Some recent sites:
http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Boils.html
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1070560-treatment
I am 16, and get very soar underarms where a hair has become ingrown, when it gets too painful i burst/squeeze them and hook out the hair with a pin, then i puck it, however after doing this, it gets really soar and hurts when i move my arm. Its a total nightmare, and they continue becoming ingrown because after removing it, it becomes so soar it bleeds and the next hair just grows into the scab. ARGHHH, by prom is really soon and i dont want my pits to look all scabby!!! help!
Ive had the same thing under my arm they look,like a pimple, i went to the doctor before about it and it  is staff. A lot of people mistake it but really there is staff all over your bodie and if you do squeez it, it can lead to horrible PAIN. Clean whatever it is a lot daily, it can be beacues of sweat under the arm too.
I just wanted to say I have been suffering from HS as I know it now since the birth of my second child. The first one was the size of a golfball going along the outer outer vagina lip.(not sure what its called). It became so big and painfull I couldn't walk. I set down with a needle and bloody white yellowish puss came gushing out. It felt so much better but I was left with a hole that closed over a week. I have one right now that is making it hard to walk and sometimes sleep. It hasnt came to a head as of yet but I plain on doing the sitz bath and hot compress. I have had smaller ones over the past 9yrs but this is the second one that has gotten this size and almost in the same area. So yes this is a problem and the medical community needs to do more research on this. You all are not along!!
Hey all...
i have a similar story. I got a bump on my bikini area, it was a bit more bumpier a few weeks ago. today it has gone down and it feels like an ingrown with hair growing on the side of it.
however, its healing and like now it has a healing scab on top of it, dry skin.
im not sure what it is...
could you guys give me  heads up?
Im a teen, I started shaving down there when i was 14ish. Then a bump appeared on the lip of my vagina...I freaked out and thought it was an STD but I didnt start having sex until 15. And when i did he was a virgin. Um I want to know how to make it go away forever! I used toothpaste because it dries it up.But still kinda remains. Help!
Hello all. I recently had a boil at the top of my pubic hair line SO PAINFUL! I didn't think it was an ingrown hair because I make sure I stay bare down there. It started off small about two or three months ago. Today was about the size of a dime. It popped so easily I almost didn't feel it. But after it burst it was so painful and hard. I took a warm shower thinking that would ease it but it didn't. So finally I started squeezing it....it was painful but WORTH IT. A hard substance came out first and as I pulled it a hair about an inch long came out. It was still kinda hard so I pushed more and another hair came out about an inch long. Then as I kept squeezing and the pain and swelling went down and just a little bit of blood mixed with a clear substance came out.

I believe what you guys have is an ingrown hair especially if it keeps coming and going; it probably becomes more noticeable when the hair starts growing. It may be painful but I'd rather go through 5 minutes of pain rather than months of embarrasment :)
AFTER MONTHS OF CONFUSION I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!

Hi ya

I had the same problem myself and went to the doctors and he told me it was a ingrowning hair folicle and that it would pop in time....and it did....loads of gooey stuff.  Just had one on my breast too.  You can get them anywhere.  Just feels like a spot to me tho.
An ointment over the counter named Boil Ease accompanied with as hot as you can bare wet compresses. Apply with clean fingers. Any Boil should be gone in 1-3 days Max. I have suffer from them for years (20+). It works miracles.
I had cancer and did the chemo and radiation and was very run down,  I was feeling very very bad but thought it was from the chemo.  I felt a little lump but thought it was a bartholin cyst.  It ended up being an ingrown hair and I guess it had gotten infected in my run down condition from the cancer treatments. I had 3 different Dr's look at it on a Wednesday.  2 of the appoinments were already scheduled and the Oncologist also wanted me to see a surgeon that afternoon at 4 but did not tell me to wait for them to lance or anything and I asked him before I left to see my primary care Dr. and he said, no, to just let my primary care dr do whatever was needed but he wanted the surgeon to see it.  The primary care Dr. opened a brand new set of tools, gave me lidocaine and lanced it.  He said it looked like there was a lot of dried puss in it.  I went to the surgeon at 4 and he looked at it but did not do anything because of the primary care dr lancing it.  By now, I was feeling even worse.  They gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and sent me home.  By Thursday I was really really sick and drank a little gator aid and maybe a peanut butter cracker.  I live by myself.  My cousins came over of Friday am and took me to my scheduled radiation treament and by this time I had hardly any blood pressure and could not verbalize my thoughts.  They sent me on to the hospital where the hospital put me in ICU for 4 days.  The surgeon came over and cut some more in ICU. He was afraid that in my rundown state I would never make it through a regular surgery. He also used lidocaine and packed the incision and the nurse repacked every day.  It ended up being a staph infection that I have no clue where I got it.  I noticed on one of the earlier posts  about dirty people getting staph infections.  That is not the way they explained it to me.  When I go to the Dr. office now, I do wipe down my chair and chair arms with disinfectant.  The Dr. at the hospital said if I had waited 4 or 5 hours longer it would have been too late.
My advice is if you get something in your groin area that has not been diagnosed by a Dr. as this or that no matter your age(I noticed a lot of young girls who were having problems), please go to the Dr.  It could save your life.  I used to be just as shy as you about Dr.,s looking at certain areas..  I have now had 4 surgerys since that and have had male nurses(believe me, it is only a body to the Dr.s or Nurses no matter your gender or theirs)  who help me if I need them to go to the bathroom or what ever I need and after all of the tests and treatments for my cancer (by the way, last test shows no carcinoma cells) I would walk down Main Street at High Noon Nude as the day I was born and it would not bother me a bit.  It might bother others so I don't plan on doing it.  Again, please have your problem diagnosed by a qualified medical professional (preferably a DR.)
Hi I just got one wasn't sure if it was
A ingrown hair or a boil its like a red
Scab in the centre with a head around it
I thought it was a spot and popped it:/
And seen as though its in my eyebrow it
Infected my eye!the head came back so I
Left it a couple of days and now just
Used warm salty water and compressed it,
The heads now gone and I'm left with a
Red scab :/! Now don't no what to do with
It, its quite saw :(
I have noticed that when I have them alot of the times It happens when I may have had too much sugar in my diet...example, went on vacation and didnt eat like I normally do, we had donuts for breakfast, desserts with our meals...i guess you get the picture...Now 2 days later I have the sore, raised heat area and its started leaking pus....ugh....no solution but anti-inflammatory pills and antibacterial creams are what I lean toward, but they are no miracle cure.   Had this stuff pretty much my whole life.
Sue
let me start by saying im not a girl, lmao, but i found this site while googling about this issue. just wanna say that guys can get these things too. i get like purplish bumps or bubbles around upper/inner thighs and around those areas, they go away and leave scars. i've probably had a total of 10 or so in the past few years. definitely getting annoyed of it. still havent come across a true way to prevent these, or get rid of them without them leaving scars.
I've had the same problem for a while I find it so embarrassing because they've been around my thigh/but area and left noticeable scars they haven't occurred in a while but usually appear every few months :-( not sure what to do esp. With the scars
Same situation. I purchased a bottle of probiotics and allicin 180mg (garlic).
I have been taking one cap daily w/ meal for the past two weeks. Amazing , I noticed a reduction the first week and today noticed they are practically gone. I havent seen any new ones but so far its working.
I just got my first boil about a week ago, I tried briefly to get it to come to ahead. It finally did by mixing baking soda an vinegar together and make a paste. I left it on there overnight and it came to ahead. It busted open and it stings really bad, does that mean the infection is coming out??
They are infected glands. You can get them in and around crotch, buttucks, arm pits, etc. Most people get them becouse when you shave, it allows germs to get into the glands. They may go away for a short time but, the only way to trully get relief is to have a Dr do surgery to remove each infected gland. This may need to be reppeated. To prevent them from spreading, soap well during shaving, use only new razors, and never shave during an outbreak of even one! It's contagious so when you take a bath, clean the tub every time with proper cleaning agents before you get in. And make sure that anyone else who uses the tub does the same! My Mom got them from being shaved for surgery. I got them from her when I just rinsed tub with hot water only before taking a bath. This is something you MUST see a Dr about! Get it removed while its only one or two. You have A LOT of glands that this can spread to. Take care of yourself. And God bless! Melody
me too did u ever find out what it is?
me too did u ever find out what it is?
Hello, I have a question, I had a sore above a mole on my chin, it ended end up getting a staph infection and was 4mm deep, I was put on doxycycline and 2 creams to put on topically, the wound closed up but only to come back 3 was later, it felt as if there were tiny pieces of glass on it, one night I woke up and my face was swollen and would move from side to side, wherever the swelling went, it left a weird scab with tiny bumps, now I have the same thing on the other side of my face and it seems as if there is a hair I both wrapped very tightly on my skin but the Dr says no, I am so embarrassed and do not want to go anywhere, I am now on antibiotics for 2 months, my face hurts so bad I could cry and have s headache daily, any idea what this would be? I can poke one area and it doesn't even hurt but another area it is so sense rive I. Can look at it and it hurts??? Help please!!!
This is pain full and annoying,  is there a med that can prevent them? I tried popping it, suggest you don't. It hurts like HELL now! Pubic area wearing underware very uncomfortable :((( I've never gotten these before,  seem like I turn 30 & my body said f u:(
This happens to me all the time and i truly hate it!! They hurt so bad and i have been to the doctor because i wanted to know what it was. My Dr assured me that it was an ingrown hair but i didn't think it was because they occur so often. I went to another Dr. who though it was MRSA but then said it couldnt be because it isnt contagious.
If anyone knows how to get rid of this or anything i'd love to atleast know what it is..
You describe my situation  almost word for word.  Did you ever find anything out?