boils

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

boils

i have 7 boils on my vigina (vagina) and the DR. put me on antibiotics and they went away and now they came back. I shave too. I didn't know if that is why i keep getting them. Can they spread? If I have sex will my partner get them.
I had a vaginal boil and I went to my doctor. He said that shaving is a cause of vaginal boils. When you nick yourself even if it is so small you don't even know you did bacteria can get in there and form a boil. He put me on some antibiotics and told me to use antibacterial soap. If you continue shaving I suggest use antibacterial soap if you don't already to minimize the chance of your little nicks getting infected.
An autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, vaginal sores, cuts, boils, fissures, or folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not. You can also visit the American Behcet's Disease Assoication's website's message board.
hi im 17...thers this "big lump,or idk it's a really firm area that kinda sounds like a boil, and it's at the entrance of my vagina. it hurts and it's painful at all times especially when i sit down. im not sure what it is but i have'nt seen a head(the part the fluid or whatever comes out of)on it...so can anyone help???? should i get to a hospitol asap???
what exactly does a boil look like before it gets a head???
I recently experienced a painful pimple on my outer left labia...it scared the heck out of me.  It had a hard lump underneath the central site and I tried squeezing it and did get some puss and blood out...I decided to leave it alone and it got better and then came back again worst.  I visited my gynecologist yesterday and she said it is definitely just an infected hair follicle...or folliculitis as it is called in the medical community.  She prescribed me an oral antibiotic: cephalexen 500 mg. capsules to be taken twice a day.  This will cover the staph bacteria which is associated with this condition.  She recommended hot compresses and to leave it alone.  (I'm going to try soaking in an Epsom Salt bath today as well.) Well..that's easier said than done!  I came home and became a hot compress freak...the site then swelled up to twice the size.  I guess the infection all came to the surface...scary to look at!  I decided to calm down about it...it's not an STD!  So, breathe easy!!  I did squeeze it a bit after a hot shower this morning since it was so huge and I was able to drain a yellowish pus from it...so gross...but, what a relief!  I also put Bactroban on the site.  What I am planning to do to prevent this from happening again is to wash my vaginal area with anti-bacterial soap and stop the waxing/shaving.  I'm trying to find a product that washes the hair off of the surface....such as a delapatory.  When you shave or wax it pulls the hair from the root and then when it grows in, it can easily turn sideways and start all these problems all over again.  I will let you know if the oral antibiotic does this trick.  HOT COMPRESSES GIRLS! Information is empowering...if you are worried sick about it...go see your gynecologist.

i would like to know if boils are contagious even if u don't touch it, can u get a boil if someone who might have it give it to you by using your towel, or soap????