bolis or cysts on my vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bolis or cysts on my vagina

Over the past few months now I have had boils or cysts occur a day or two before my cycle starts.  They on the outside of the opening closer to where one would shave.  They are extremely uncomfortable until they come to a head and drain.  There are only a couple of them each time and not usually in the same place. Maybe it is from shaving but its been at least a year or so since I have maintained that area to the extent of omitting all the pubic hair.  What is going on?  Everytime I get my period this occurs.  Am worried.  Any information would certainly be appreciated.  Thanks
I have had the same problem for just about 10 years now.  They usually appear somewhere on the outter labia.  When I explained what was going out to my doctor back then he immediately knew what it was... hidradenitis.  Apparently it has something to do with the sweat glands in that area and your hormones can sometimes trigger it.  He also told me that shaving does not necisarrly cause them to happen.
I cannot prevent mine from coming, but the only thing that helps them come to a head quicker are hot compresses.  In my opionion you should not be worried, it's annoying, but won't hurt you.  The worst thing that could happen is that it could become an abcess (abscess) and you have to get it lanced.
Thanks for that info Chrissy! I will look more into hidradenitis.
I recently had a bump come up near my vaginal opening and I went to the doctor to see what it was. It was a boil due to shaving. My doctor gave me some antibiotics and told me to use antibacterial soap to wash with. He said they occur after you nic yourself shaving and bacteria gets in there. Try using antibacterial soap and see if that helps. It has helped me.
There is an autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome's. It's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, vaginal sores, cuts, boils, fissures, or folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not.  You can also visit the American Behcet's Disease Association's website message board for further information.
I have been getting these wretched cyst and boils since I was about 12. My private area has been invaded by these unsightly skin boils land cyst. They've invaded my sex life as well.  Doc's say shaving can cause them I think its more internal than anything. I'm sure diet has alot to do and the health of one's immune system. I try keeping the area dry if when I can. It's also genetic.
Behcet's Syndrome is not genetic. It is caused by something in the enviroment that damaged the immune system, but you may have people in your family history with another autoimmune disorder.  It can sometimes be triggerd in people with family who are prone to other autoimmune disorders of any kind. To be diagnosed you need to have a canker sore in your mouth at least three times per year, the gential (genital) symptoms, and inflammation in the little veins in your eyes or presssure in your eyes. The eye symptoms are the last thing to develop. For me, it was 17 years from the time I started having genital symptoms, until I had the first eye symptoms and was finally diagnosed. They couldn't tell for sure what it was until I had all three symptoms. There are many other symptoms like pain in the mean time, but they can't be sure what is causing those things without knowing about everything else first. It took a long time to get it worked outed. I hope you the best with everything. Try using some hydrocortisone cream, you can get that over the counter, get maxium strength. This should help some until you can get it worked out with your doctor. A Rheumatologist works with a GYN and possibly other doctors to treat Behcet's Syndrome.