brest pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

brest pains

i am 19 i am currently on bcp and i have been on them for a few months now. I have been on my period for the past 2 weeks and in the past week my boobs have started hurting to the point that i cry when they are touched and i cannt wear a bra. my bf always pulls out and i dont think i am pregnant i just want to know some reasons my brest could be hurting so bad. they have grown from D to DD in the past week....any ideas?
maybe the pill your on isn'nt agreeing with you. it could be releasing to much of a hormone into your system. go see your GP see wot he thinks
i have been on the same pill for the past 2 years but i was off of it for 4 months. Thank you for commenting and i will go see what he says
Pain in breasts is called mastodynia or mastalgia.
There are many causes of soreness of breasts,premenstrual syndrome and pregnancy being one of them.Other important causes are fibrocystic breast disease,ductal ectasia,mastitis(inflammation of breasts),galactoceles,benign and malignant pathologies of breasts,referred pain from liver or musculoskeletal system,arthritis of the ribs,costsochondritis and inflammation or sprain of pectoralis muscle.

I feel that an examination by a gynecologist will be the best.Till that time,apply some warm compresses on the breasts and take some over the counter pain reliever(analgesic) like ibuprofen or diclofenac.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

What do you think the chances of me being pregnant are if i am on a bcp and i am still on my period? i have heard of people being pregnant but never missing a period and being on bcps. i am just wondering because i have no health insurence and wont till december. but ever morning when i wake up it just feels a 400 lb person has been sitting on my boobs. and i rub them and it makes them feel better for about 30 minutes than the pain is even worse