brown bleeding for 10 days
hi,so me and my bf been having sex twice a week and its unprotected.i usually start my period at the end of the month around the 27th of every month,now im not sure if this is my period or not but after sun november the 11th i started bleeding light blood then it turned into brown blood and it still has continued til today the 22 of november im not sure if its an irregular period or maybe a infection or ffrom stress i just really need help figuring out what it could be thanks..
Hi!
Well, all the causes mentioned by you could be the cause of the brown discharge.
The two most common causes of brownish discharge are pregnancy and birth control pills. Take a pregnancy test after the 27th of this month. If the test is negative then other causes have to be looked at. Other causes of brownish discharge are hypothyroidism, cervical dysplasia, cervical polyps, cervicits (inflammation of cervix), vulvovaginitis (inflammation of vulva and vagina), cervical and uterine cancer, uterine fibroids, hormonal imbalance, genital ulcers, STDs and stress. You can discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist as on net and without examining it is difficult to give a confirmed opinion. A PAP smear and a STD panel must be done too along with a pregnancy test. Take care!
Brown vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. In some cases however there is cause for concern like  cervical cancer, pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), menopause, or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and  Chlamydia .You should consult a gynecologist who will physically examine the local area and may consider tests.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.