brown colour during period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

brown colour during period

hi,i'm 20,my period have never been regular.About 3 weeks ago,i began to discharge brown colour 'period(?)',not much,and only certain amount each day,i thought that was old tissue.After a week,the actual period began but with much less blood than what i uesd to have,and the brown stuff didn't stop,Now is the third week,i think the priod stopped,but there's still brown stuff (less amount than before) and occasionally a little bit of light colour blood. I've never had sex before,maybe it's just because i don't exercise enough,but i'm still worried,'cause it's a bit abnormal.... can u help me?
sorry for the long question~and thanks!
Well you answered the question of you being pregnant, but since you haven't had sex then that isn't an option.  Sometimes females are off for stress related reasons.  You are correct that the brown stuff is old blood left around.  Have you started birth control lately or anything else different.
Hi Brown blood during your period is old blood it happens to alot of women you should see your doctor they do a procedure call a DNC and it cleans the old blood . . . They sometimes the old stuff doesn't come out it just sticks there. I've had this twice in my life. But I would talk to a medical professional
nop,i didn't have anything like birth control or others~well,i had a two weeks holiday and i spent most of the time basically sitting infront of the computer..... is that because of lack of exercise.....?-_-b    oh,and i forgot to say,i don't have any strange feelings like pain or anything,just normal~
i am 13 and i just got my period today, first time...im not even sure if it is my period...its-its brown...doesnt look like blood at all..my vagina doesnt hurt...at all really..and its definatly not coming from my but,..so its not what ur thinking..but its coming threw my vagina and its brown!?!

whats wrong with me??
okay, im 15 and i got my first ever period yesterday. It was a dark brown colour and every time i wiped it was brown then a bit of red blood. For that night i wore a pad and in the morning i found black discharge but it wasnt. It was blood! old blood. I know this because i asked my mum and she told me everything. So please dont worry your completely normal and even though i still have doubts and scares i know its my period because today(after waiting ages) it was red period blood,

hope this helped:)
same happend to me, so does it mean im on my period??