brown discharge and blood after sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

brown discharge and blood after sex

3 months ago i broke up with my 3 year boyfriend and have had no other partner since. I have recently had intercourse with my ex boyfriend and found that straight after i have had brown discharge. it has no smell at all but think it is blood. there is quite a bit of it and find i have to wipe several times or wear a pantyliner until it has gone. can you tell me if this is normal or if i should see someone? thanx :)
It could also be a sign of cervicitis.

After I posted that I realized you might look it up and you'll see lots of sites that say cervicitis is due to stds...but just wanted to tell you not to let that freak you out.  Sometimes cervicits, especially chronic cervicitis, is a mystery and no pathogen is found.  But you should get it checked out by your gynecologist.
are you due to get yuor period any day now? that is a common sign that its happily on its way (or coming to an end) or both. very typical if thats the case. if this is something very out of the ordinary for you and you are not beginning or ending your period then maybe call your dr. just to be sure.
Hey,

I need advice!!! I am only 13 almost 14 and I have been sexually active 2 times. I started my period when I was 11 years old and when I turned 13 I stopped having one (when I was a virgin), then over the summer I did it and on new years. I am just now starting to have brown discharge and I am totally freaking out!!! My mom doesnt know that I am sexually active and I want it to stay that way!!! I am hoping it is because I am about to start my period again but if anyone knows what this could mean could u please let me know so that I know if I should be worried or not. Thanks!!!!

Sincerely, Clarissa
I need some advice! The past two times my husband and I have been sexually active there has been a little blood after intercourse I thought it was because we can be a little rough and don't use lubricant, so I bought some and last night there was still a little blood. I went to my obgyn and he did an internal exam last week and saw nothing. However, last night before we became intimate I found I had some thick discharge inside of my the consistancsy of cream, but with no smell. What does it mean? Should I be concerned? A yeast infection?
I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 years now, and I haven't had sex with anyone but him, vice versa.  But yesterday we had sex, and it was kind of rough, and we didnt use a condom (im on birthcontrol), and i have noticed some blood in my discharge, and sometimes when i use the bathroom a tiny bit is there when i wipe..im expecting my period next week...im terrified..what is wrong?!?