brown discharge during pregnancy
I am 5 weeks today. I have been have light brown discharge only sometimes when i wipe. I miscarried in september at 4 weeks 3 days, I had pink/brown spotting the entire time. So as you can imagine I am nervous. I don't really have any pain. Only mild, dull cramps that last less than 30 seconds when I change positions. Like when I stand up or roll over. Should I call my dr. or wait until Tuesday when I go in for a confirmation pregnancy test and discuss it with them then? I know everybody is different.... I just wish I knew.
I think you should see your doctor immediately.

This spotting can be due to hormonal imbalance or corpus luteum defect (the corpus luteum secretes the hormones for sustaining pregnancy till 12 weeks after which placenta takes over).

In corpus luteum defects, there is increased brownish spotting and if this is the cause then you may need progesterone supplements till 12 weeks of pregnancy. It can also be due to an impending miscarriage if there is an associated abdominal pain or cramps and the spotting turns to frank bleeding.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Saw the dr today... Great news.. they did a scan at 5w 3d not expecting to be able to see anything yet... but, God is so good!!!!! They not only saw the baby... they saw the heartbeat!!!! They were shocked to be able to see anything! Thinks the brown bleeding was implantation bleeding. I go back in a week just for peace of mind. But I already have it.. it is called the peace of God! PTL!