brown period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

brown period

i was wondering if i could be pregnant because the day i was suppose to get my period it was brwon. could i be pregnant because the day before i was suppose to get my period, my husband had cummed in me. it's been 7 days already and it's still brown. in the past i've had brownish discharge but in 2 days i would usually have my normal red period.
since it was the day before you were suppose to get your period your probably not pregnant because you would not be ovulating, expecially if you have a regular cycle you would already have ovulaed 2 weeks before you were suppose to get your period. So i wouldn't worry, but go ahead and take a HPT to ease your mind, better to know either way.
so besides being pregnant. is there anything wrong with me for having brown period for a week now? should i be concerned?
I have seen brown periods in my days, but not for that long...I'm not saying I am right on this, but my opinion is, it could possibly be old blood? I do know that skipping a month every now and then is normal, but I agree...get a HTP to be sure and get the worry off your mind. I have worried like that before, and yes, it sucks...get rid of the worry and go to a clinic and get a free HTP and get their advice on what they think is wrong.
I have the same problem as we speak its been dark brown through the entirety of my period and its gone BUT I'm still cramping. CAN SOME1 PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
i usually have brown period/discharge just before and after my period, is this normal? also, i am bloated 2weeks before my period is due, is this common?
My periods are always brown, I don't know how normal that is. They were always red when I first started but I few years ago they switched to brown with a lot of clots...
Monday morning I had a very sharp pain on the right hand side in my lower abdomen,when i went to the loo about half hour later there was slight red colour on the tissue n a very small clot and for the last five days I've had browny red stuff and I've only had to use a tampax for a coupls of hours and its now 5 days later.Does anyone know what this cud be.Its 7 weeks since my last period which lasted one day, this is normal because of my p.c.o.s i dont get regular periods but i slao have no period pains and no achey (achy) boobs which ive had without fail for the las couple years.
I have had the same problem for the last week. My doctor told me it was probably just my period for the month. I have never had this happen to me before but she said it does. I took a HPT because I am not on the pill and it was negative so now worries here! I have had the little cramps and lower back pain which can mean either early pregnancy or period. If the test is negative then you are more than likely having your period. See what your period looks like next month and if you have concerns then talk to your doctor about it. Stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, etc. can cause your body to do things that you haven't experienced before.