brown/pink discharge plus had severe abdominal pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

hi
it all started last week, started spotting brown discharge, only very little over 2 days, stomach felt sore, felt exhausted and had slight back pain. This carried on for few days. then last night 5 days after it all started, i started to get really really bad cramps like a period ones but worse, which then developed into crippling pains in my lower stomach, the back pain got very bad too, i went to the toilet and had tiny amount of more brown discharge. I took nurofen which seemed to ease it, woke up this morning and my stomach was so so sore, but not had any more crippling pains. went to the toilet this evening and had small amount of brown/pink discharge.
I went to the walk in clinic today as doctors closed being saturday, and the nurse i saw was just so unhelpful, just gave me tablets to ease the pain, didnt seem concerned at all.
With the early symptoms i had at beginning of week pregnancy crossed my mind, but i am on the pill and do not fail to take it.
any one have any ideas or experienced this?
I'd definitely recommend that you see a gyn or women's clinic. It's my understanding that if you are having a chemical miscarriage that the symptoms would resemble what you are experiencing.

I had that sort of pain when I started taking extended-duration I went four weeks just fine and then the pill failed to suppress my cycle. It's my understanding that the pill was causing my body to shed the excess tissue that had somehow built up over the years. I had severe cramps, to the point that I'd break into a cold sweat. Those cramps turned out to be the fact that a fibroid had broken free (blood supply got pinched off) and my body was trying to purge the mass. I passed a rubbery mass (not miscarriage, but certainly must feel the same) of tissue the size of a pocket watch and the pains went away. Every time I passed a large clump of tissue/polyp during that initial deluge, I had similar cramping but not as severe.

Either way, getting in touch with a gyn about what you are experiencing is important.
From the symptoms it can be due to pregnancy and considering the abdominal pain that you are having, ectopic pregnancy is important to be ruled out. If you are doubtful regarding the status of your pregnancy, you can go in for blood pregnancy test which measures the amount of hCG in your blood. Transvaginal ultrasound at as early as 5-6 wks of pregnancy can also confirm pregnancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Des_a_rae commented on Baseline blood work a...
5 mins ago
Des_a_rae, and Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
8 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
9 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals