brown spotting during pregnancy
I'm approx 9-10 weeks pregnant and things have been going good. Yesterday though I had some brown spotting in my underwear. It was kind of creamy looking and didn't exactly smell like blood. It smelled more awful than anything else. Since I have been to the bathroom many times and only once since has it been there. I am curious has this happened to anyone else? Should I worry? Also, I dont know if this means anything but I have been SERIOUSLY constipated and haven't moved my bowels in almost a week. any ideas what the brown spotting could be caused from and should I be concerned?? thanks so much!
Thanks for all the posts about spotting.  It is reassuring to hear that it can be a normal occurrence.  My wife almost always looks at everything in a negative light and is constantly worried.

She had occasional brown spotting around weeks 6-8.  She's in week 11 now and just had some more brown spotting.  No serious bleeding or lower back aches.  She did have some cramping in week 7, but the ultrasounds in weeks 8 and 10 proved everything perfectly normal.  The Doctor says spotting can be normal as long as it’s not accompanied by cramps, lower back aches and heavier bleeding.

She had ultrasounds at her doctor's office at week 6, 8 and another is scheduled for week 12.  For reassurance, in week 10, we paid for a private ultrasound.  It was the best thing we could have done to help bridge the four week gap between weeks 8 and 12.

Seeing little arms and legs moving at week 10 was the most amazing moment of my life, and my fingers are crossed for more of those to come.

Good luck and best wishes.
hi, Im 12 weeks 4 days pregnant and I have large fibroids.  I have been fine so far and went for my 12 week u/s last Wed, heartbeat was fine and the sonographer said everything looks good.  However, Thursday I went to the loo and there was brown discharge when I wiped.  It happened again on Friday morning and over the weekend has also happened a couple of times.  I went to the Early Pregnancy Unit on Friday and they said they cannot scan me until next Thur as they will not do more than 1 u/s per week as it may be harmful.  Ive been to the loo again this morning and the discharge has increased and was quite gloopy.  I have been getting pain low in my abdomen and although I know fibroids can cause pain I am so worried about the baby.  Has anyone experienced similar?  Was everything OK?  I find this a bit embarrasing but the discharge is when I go for a number 2, never when I just have a wee.

I hope someone can reassure me.  

Kind Regards

I am 7 weeks and 5 days and for the last couple of days have expereienced some mild cramping, like menstural cramps. This did concern me seen as though I miscarried at 10 weeks over a year ago, then today I got a brownish discharge when I wiped, not a lot but quite goopy... now IM feeling scared. I want to know those of you that have posted way back in 2006 / 2007 with simular expereiences..... did your pregnancy turn out ok in the end... please do share!!!
In May of this year I had a miscarriage...bled heavy right from the start with lots of clots. I had ALOT of pain down my right thigh with that miscarriage. I am about 9 weeks pregnant again and have been experiencing brown spotting for about 3 weeks. It only happens when I got to the washroom and mostly when I strain for a BM. There have been about 4 isolated incidents where it was red blood. Twice dark red and twice a lighter pink color. I have had no pain whatsoever...other than the occasionaly sore back...I am still extremely worried. I go and see my Dr. next Monday and I am praying that everything is fine. I know it's not at all the same as my last miscarriage but I'm still so concerned. I still have really sore breasts and feel really tired throughout the day...which are the only symptoms I've ever had. Has anyone had a similar pregnancy which turned into having a healthy happy baby? Your thoughts and prayers are apprieciated!
I have had the exact same thing happening to me, this is the reason I am on here reading!  your post is identical to my situation.  I have had miscarriages and hoping this is 3rd times a charm for us.  I have had slight twinges and pressure in my uterus, this has been going on for a week now, started  out as pinkish to light brown to red a couple times, now its just thicker brown stuff.  I am thinking that this is going on too long now for this to be a miscarriage, and its normal.  the last 2 times I miscarried it happened in 2-3days of heavy cramping severe back pain and bleeding like a normal period.  Dont really have any advice, but wanted to let you know your not alone.
I haven't had much change to let you know. I did pass 2 quater size clots on 2 different days. I went to the Dr. today and she said that she has a good feeling I am still pregnant. For the most part it is still just brown spotting. I am waiting to hear when I go for an ultrasound...hopefully within the next week. I feel the same way...that if I were having a miscarriage I would have bled heavy by now. At one point today the Dr. thought she heard a heartbeat. She couldn't find it twice but said that it's still quite early to hear it. Waiting *****!! I'm keeping you in my thoughts...I hope to hear good news for both of us really soon.
Hi, I'm currently 11weeks pregnant, and this morning I have found I have a brownish discharge or blood, very light and no cramping I went into panic mode and went to the hospital, they found the babies heart beat and is healthy, they told me to just go home a rest for the next three days, and no sexual intercorse for the next three weeks, I also read that sexual intercorse can cause irritation or small rip which wouldn't gush blood, so I take it as everything is okay with my pregnancy though, I'm at home being lazy while my boyfriend treats me like a queen and waits on me hand and foot at the moment lol, my bleeding has gotton a lot less then it was this morning so I'm praying:) I love my baby and I can't wait to hold he or she. :)
hi iv had brown discharge 4 days now had a early scan i thort i was 8 weeks scan said fetus age 5 1/2 weeks also had strong healthy heart beat every thing appeared normal but she said i had slight bleed around the sack she didnt seem worried but im out of me mind with worry, please help!!!
today i lost the baby i think the hematoma dislodged the baby
Hey I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with twins and reading all of the post here has really helped to ease my mind of so much worry. I have suffered from two miscarriages and am hoping that the third time is a charm like most of you and since Ive been so blessed with two baby's theres alot more worry. After being ecstatic that Ive made it to my second trimester safely and finally spreading the news like wild fire and awoke to disturbing findings which is that I am having brown spotting off and on for the last week Ive rushed to the ER and heard those awful words of well its a "threatened abortion" all I can do is hope and pray their ok but from what Im reading it is quite normal just hope thats the case for me....
I am 10wks 2 days and I have been spotting brown thick discharge on and off for three days now. I am very worried as my Husband and I m/c'd 20weeks ago and we were already 12 weeks along. I think my nerves are just really high because of how close we are getting to the twelve week mark but It is still scary to see the brown on the t/p. Other than the brown and the nerves I'm feeling normal but I want to know if this can be a sign of a weak cervix? Does anyone out there know?
Just wanted to share my experience to you all I have been having light brown dishcarge now for over two weeks. I am 8 weeks pregnant at the moment I had a scan at just over 6 weeks and everything is fine and am due another scan next Wednesday so fingers crossed.  I had a problem free pregnancy last time so it was a bit of a shock for me and i panicked like anyone would and am now still constantly worried.  I am hoping that as its only brown and its been going on for a while that if it was a problem it would have shown by now.  You can never say wether each case is a problem or not some are fine but unfortunately some are not but fingers crossed to everyone experiencing some kind of bleeding that its all ok.  Also a friend of mine experienced brown bleeding on and off for the whole nine months and everything was fine so fingers crossed so is mine.
Just wanted to post a further comment on here I don't want to panic anyone but my brown discharge i mentioned above after 2 weeks turned into red blood which the hospital said can be quite normal and sent me home.  2 days later i was back in hospital bleeding more than i had ever seen before unfortunately the outcome was not good and i lost the baby.  They do say once you reach the 12 week mark the percentage for risk of miscarriage drastically reduces i was only 8 weeks. i hope for anyone who is worried that everything goes ok.
hello everyone im 24 weeks and 2 days which is really worrying me because everyone of these that i read they are all wayy earlier then how far i am, and i had light bleeding 2 days ago after sex. so i went to the doctors and the only doctors around here doesnt have OB doctors and they couldnt do an untra sound or anything but said the baby was fine, and i should make sure by going to the OB at the other hospital but i have no phone to make an appointment and since then ive had no cramping but light and dark brown discharge and its seriously worrying me cause i cant go to the doctors at least for a few days and i just really want to know if everything is okay with my first baby girl. please someone write back soon with more information i would appreciate it more then you know.
Just noticed your comment above a while ago about your bleeding at 24 weeks was just wondering how you got on. Hope everything was ok x
I am 8 weeks tomorrow and have had dark brown discharge for 5 days now. No severe cramping, however a dull ache that comes and goes. I don't bleed at night but everyday I discharge about a quarter sized amount of dark brown blood.....I hate waiting to find out what's going on...but my first appointment is  in 4 days....any positive encouragement for me?
Hi yesterday evening I had a very small anount of brownish blood but it has stopped now also have been having a tummyach . What does this mean I'm scared . Please help anyone  
Im 7weeks pregnant I ended up going too the ER this morning because I woke up went to the restroom when I went to wipe I had a brown discharge with a lil blood and lite cramping they did an ultrasound everything looked fine but im still a lil worried the good news that they told me is that im expecting twins has anyone been through this??
I am 4-5 weeks and i notice yesterday that that i have brown spotting, then i notice its gone dark i also have cramps. whats this then. some doctors say this is ok others noam not so sure!
im 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant and i started spotting on saturday, i was sent to hospital last night and i now have to go for a scan tomorrow. im so worried because my first and only fear when i first found out i was pregnant was misscarriage , and im so worried that is wat is happening right now. the doctor tells me it could be normal but i cant help but worry!! i really dont no what to make of the whole situation.
Hi , Uhmm Im 19 Weeks Pregnant & 5 Days . I Been Having Some Small Brown Spotting  On my Underwear , But I Never Had It Until The Doctor Checked Me In My Personal Area , Should I Worry ? & Also I Had My First Ultra Sound & He Couldnt See The Baby , But He Told Me That If I Been Needing To Go To The Restroom Then That May Be Causing Them Not To Be Able To See The Baby . Please Help .
Thank you a lot I begining to worry coz I also just saw a spots of blood but hav no cramping it happend earlier evn when I was 7 weeks and doc said everythings fine, now I am 13 weeks going to 14 by my 15 will be my appointment hoping to get my unborns gender.
Hey my name is courtney I'm 19 years old. I had sex last thursday and the guy did it with didn't wear condom and he cumed in me and when I go too the bathroom I look in my panties looks like dark brown or something its freak me out you think he could got me pregrnant
Hi - I am 11 weeks pregnant and last night i had a pinkish colour on the tissue - You could barely see it but i noticed it. Today i have some brown there now and i am worried sick. I have an appointment with my doctor today bu am so worried what they will say
i feel good with this answer.because im 2months pergnant an hv been spoting of all kind as well.i went to the doctor an he says its normal
i have conception 10days after my menstrual.. 3weeks later i have brownish discharge which i thought is my next menstrual but it has continued for 3days now and still no sign of red fresh blood.. only brown discharge.. am i pregnant?
hii, i m Deepika. i had some brown discharge in the morning, i m little bit worried as i m 12 wks pregnant. can anybody help me
Hi I'm 13 weeks and today I noticed brown discharge as well.  I went to the dr. did blood work and ultrasound I have a UTI and they said that is probably where the brown discharge is coming from.  Bloodwork and ultrasound were all fine.  Baby moving around a lot and good heartbeat.  Hope this helps.  Very worried as well I've had 2 m/c in the past and went through IVF with this pregnancy.  13 weeks is the furthest I've ever been.
The samething is happening to me
i m 6 weeks pragnant.yesterday i noticed that i have brown discharged and a small red piece in my urine. i make my ultrasound today i m worried about my baby.plz give me some suggession.
yeah its worrying to see discharge and pv spotting and clots during pregnancy,in most of cases it is not at all dangerous or worrying,but some serious conditions needs to be ruled out like the poosibility of ectopic pregnancy or molar pregnancy and early miscarriage so for this purpose i wiill advice you to have a tvs(trans vaginal scan) that will help you out.mean while till you get your date you shoukld have atleast one blood test of serum beta hcg.......regards Dr.fakhra
Hello I am 19 and my huband and I have had 4 mc I had my period on time but I have all thesigns of being prego ...i also had some strange white discharge and brown blood at the end of my period I wanted to know what you moms think I should do ive been carefull but we ate a little scared
I am 23 weeks pregnant and had some browny red discharge can anyone tell me if this is normal x

Hey guys I only just found out today that I am pregnant (from blood test) the doctor said I found out real early. As the HCG was only 45.  
I came back from the doctor and told my boyfiendim pregnant then went to the loo and there was light pink blood on the toilet paper.
I'm really scared as this never happened with my first child please help!
Is there something wrong??
hi my name is vanessa i am currently 2 months pregnate and i have been spotting and i have also been having brown discharge they told me they heard the heart beat but i do not know what to do i am very frightened because i have had a m/c before
I am only 16 n been having pregnacy systoms I would only be three weeks thought well my perido should have came last week I am 8 days late and today I went to the bathroom and had brownish/reddish discharge and wen I wipe n like a brownish colir a couple times and know its all gone? Can u please everyone I have asked has called me a hoe and makes joke I just really excited and scared.
Im 9 weeks pregnant, ten weeks in a few days.I've had brown spotting with occassional pinkish blood on and off for the last two weeks.I've also had dull/sharp cramps on and off ever since i founf out i was pregnant at 5weeks.
Im worried.Only shows when on the toilet paper and lately a little spot on underwear.Im getting worried and im going to go to the ER tonight.Has anyone had this before?I cramping on one side today, lower abdomin in two days and then on the other side the other day.Not everyday i have cramps.
Gosh this is making me so worried I know bleeding is not normal but there must be an explanation to old blood etc..
Happy pregnancy to all of you and i pray that we carry our babies full term.Never had a m/c before and this is my first pregnancy...
Honey, you really need to see a doctor. If you are pg then you could be high risk b/c of your age. Spotting is normal in the first few weeks, especially brown. Brown could be from the baby digging into the wall of your cervix. Brown means its old.
Its also very normal for your period to change at your age. Lots of things can cause it, newly active sexually, the enviroment, change in diet, or activity.
Hope everythings goes good for you. Good luck.
i'm 16 and 11 weeks pregnant. recently i had brown and pink in my underwear my sister said it was normal, but this is the second day and i'm still bleeding. is it normal to bleed for more than one day. i'm seeing a doctor today to maybe get any answer but i just need reassurance that other women had had this.
when i had my first drs visit the dr told me i was 5 wks.. three wks later i started bleeding, like if i started my pd, it stopped that same day, to just very light light spotting. then it went away and started with brownish.. I went to the hospital that day and they told me my cervix was closed and that all my blood work came out normal including hormone levels. They gave me bed rest. Then i had a drs apt yesterday, the day after i got out of the ER and the dr told me i was 6 weeks. so i was like what i came 3 wks ago an di was 5 and im bearly 6 now so i was like???? So then he did a vaginal u/s and said that the pregnancy wasnt normal bc there was no hearbeat and taht my sac was too big compared to what the baby looks.At the hospital they ddnt find a hb either so i was worried. Dr said right away you can wait or we can do the vacuum already. i was like whattttt. he ddidnt even do aby type of blood test or anything else just to make sure. he just fell into that conclusion. so i decided to wait. i feel my baby is there i feel it. but im going to get a second opinion from another dr in 3 days then well see. But im going to wait. theres been cases that they mislead you and they tdo the d/c so im kind of scared now. so what do u all think
I am 9 weeks pregnant and it is my first pregnancy. I went to the washroom yesterday and noticed a drop of pink blood on the toilet paper. I have my first gyn/obs appointment next Tuesday. Did this happen to anyone here? I am very worried and scared that it could lead to a miscarriage.  
I have had it for about five days now.the brown spotting..everywhere I read says not to worry...it hadn't increased and its not red or pink..I had a vaginal ultra sound and pap smear two days before all this started...do its def worrying me but i'm taking it easy..
I'm about 10wks...had a little red blood when I went to bathroom..(only when I wiped ) then it turned brown... since then I hadn't seen anything should I be worried..
I am 4 weeks pregnant and yesterday I had dark brown discharge with bleeding and long and I am wondering if I am having a miscarriage anyone tell me I'm worried  
I just had a miscariage back in april.. I just found out i was pregnant 2 wks ago..i have been off and on havin cramps ever sence.. im now havein a brownish discharge should i be worried
I am 7 weeks pregnant and for 2 weeks now I've had pinkish spotting and then it's turned into brown spotting...just today the spotting is no longer on my panty liner but when I wipe I see very light pinkish blood there. I have had a molar pregnancy before. No pain anywhere. A lil nausea here and there. I've been told that brown blood is an indication of a molar pregnancy. Or a lot of the times it can be normal such as in (old blood) anyone else had a molar pregnancy after the first molar pregnancy? I'll be seeing the doctor in 4 days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
This is my first pregnancy and I'm 9 weeks pregnant. 5 days ago I started having a brown discharge. It kept varying from brownish pink to light brown. The doctor have me a shot that helps my blood cells to not attack the baby and put me on bed rest. But today iv been seeing actuall blood. I haven't had any cramping and not sure what this could be caused from. Any ideas????
I am also showing brown blood. But it's only when I wipe. None in the toilet and its barely on the t.p. I so have some cramping, but I'm also have 3 kids already 2 of them are 4 years old. So I can't just put my feet up. But I sympathize and also am scared I might miscarry . I'm on my fourth, I'm high risk because I have a cardio myopathy.
I am about 5-6 weeks pregnant and I just noticed a couple hours ago some brownish pinkish discharge on the toilet paper after I wiped. I just had a miscarriage march 19,2013 so its freaking me out. I just went to the hospotal 4 days ago and my cervix was closed. I have a 4 year old little boy and me and my husband want this baby so bad. I have no pain no cramps no nothing other than the little blood. I dont even bleed enough to get on my panties its only when I wipe. My mom works at a hospital and I sent her a picture of the toilet paper and she showed a nurse and she said I have nothing to worry about just to watch it and if it turns bright red or I get cramps to go the er immediately. I am currently waiting for my insurance to kick inso I can go to a ob...any suggestions?? I am very nervous but trying not to stress.