bruising

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

bruising

I have a question. For the last 3 mnths or so my thighs have been covered in small bruises. They are fingertip size. I also have one big bruise about the size of a baseball on the inside of my leg on my knee that has been there for about 3 mnths and never healed. There are days when it will get red like it is in the healing stage but then later on goes back to the reg. bruise. I always count the bruises and on any given day I have anywhere from 15-32 bruises on each leg. Like I said most of them on my thighs, with a couple on my legs. They don't hurt at all. I have been having right leg bone pain, and don't know if this is related. That has been going on for about a yr or so. I have went to the dr for the pain. All he did was asked if I ran (I told him to look at my fat ass does it look like I run alot :P ) He said I was having bone pain but didn't know why, gave me pain pills and sent me on my way. After I had my son it came back I was anmeic and I was put on iron pills for a lil bit. So I didn't know if maybe this was related either? But if it was that, wouldn't I be bruising everywhere? What do you guys think the bruises are caused from?
Thank you all so much!
Avatar n tn
sounds like the doc was onto something.  I would guess anemic.  You need more iron.  I would request another blood test to see.
Avatar n tn
I don't know what it was. It was after I had my son, they done the normal blood work and then called me saying I was anmeic and after I started taking the iron pills I would fill alot better, although I wasn't feeling bad at the time..lol.
But I was surprised b/c I wasn't tired or anything, nor was I bruising then neither.
Where I have the bruises on my thigh would be an unusal place to bump my leg ect. to get these...like most of them are on top of my thigh, all up it and then some are on the inside of my thighs and some are on the outside. The big bruise that won't seem to heal is on the inside of my knee.
But even if it is related to still being anemic wouldn't I be bruising all over and not just mostly on thighs with some on legs?
Did your doctor do a full physical exam and bloodwork?  I would recommend you get a CBC panel done which is a comprehensive look at the numbers of all the types of blood cells etc - that would certainly confirm whether you are anemic.  My doctors have always done this test when I have my annual checkup.
Avatar n tn
I always thought if you got unexplained bruises, or bruised easily that it was a symptom of diabetes.  Are you really thirsty all the time?

It also sounds like your doc didn't do enough investigating. Perhaps a second opinion is in order.
delswife1963 added the CFS/FMS Tracker
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
AnnieBrooke commented on VICourageous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals