bump and and small
I have a question.  I suffer from anxiety, especially about my health, and I just need some reassurance.  Yesterday I scratched the pubic area a little and noticed that it felt a little irritated (no itching really).  I checked out the area in the oubic hair and noticed a small bump.  Of course I freaked out and examined closer for pain, other bumps and anything else.  I htne noticed a tiny hair sticking out from the bump.  I haven't shaved in three weeks.  I examined the area multiple times and now it kinda (very mildly) and feels warmish. I plucked the hair out and popped it and it bleed a bit and then just stopped. the area still feels warmish but my friends seems to think it's cuz i was looking at the area too much and my anxiety is making it more noticable.  DOes this sound like a normal occurance with a bump, irriation or warm feeling and a small short hair sticking out even though I haven't shaved in a while? Thanks
It could be an ingrown hair -or- a in grown pimple.Or sometimes when you shave & the hair grows back it stays inside,razor bumps,ouch.Dont look so much sometimes you get more worried just checking it every minute.If in a wk it does'nt go away have your ob check you out..
It was an ingrown hair.  It takes a while for it to grow and create the bump, so it's not surprising at all that it's been 3 weeks since you last shaved.
Doesn't sound like an std, if that's what your worried about.  I agree it's an ingrown hair.
I'd also like to add that when I popped it it went back to being a bump a few hours later.  I'd also like to hear anyones opinion on what the warm almost burning feeling that I'm experiencing could be.  It's just in that area where the bump is, and the bump is kinda red and yellowish (without being to detailed), and where i feeling the warm feeling there is absolutely no redness or other bumps.  Is it normal to have that kind of irritation, or is probably just from me moving the hair around to look at the skin better.  I should add that I am 22 and I've only had one partner for five years.  Thanks again for the comments
Ingrown hair, This doesn't warrant a call to the doctor.  If you are still worried, just watch it....you should notice that it will clear up, especially if you actually got the hair out.  If it worsens, some of the hair may still be in there.....
You said that you were also picking at it.  That alone can make it red and irritated.  Hope all is better soon.  But again, relax, it doesn't sound like anything serious from your description.
Thanks a lot I have Generalized anxiety disorder and unfortunately my focus is always on my health when it comes to the anxiety.  I was just curious the people in this forum seem to be really helpful, nice and honest.  is this just a group of ordinary people who check in regularly to help others with their concerns, cuz that is very helpful, especially for someone like me who has one abnormal thing and freaks out and thinks she's got something.
Having a hair growing under your skin for 3 weeks is very irritating.  The bump will decrease each day until it disappears.  It takes some time for the irritation, swelling, redness, and heat to go away.

Relax, you're fine.