Women's Health Community
bump on labia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bump on labia

Yesterday I noticed a bump on my left labia minor. Today I looked at it again and it has gotten bigger and the top of it is white. I went for my checkup last year and the gyno said I had no STDs. I had sexual intercourse with my husband a few days before so I figured it might have something to do with that. I have only been sexually active with him, and he has been tested for STDs. So I am not worried about it being an STD. I put neosporing on it. Could it be part of a yeast infection or something like that? Any suggestions? It doesnt itch and only hurts when rubbed by something.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Well it is seems too big to be an ingrown hair. It has liquid coming out also. But it is smaller today. So I think the neosporin is working. So I am guessing that it is some kind of bump that got infected. So hopefully the neosporing will work and I wont have to go to the doctor.
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
sounds to me that it may be an in grown hair follicle? If so, apply hot compress and it will come to a head. Good luck!
Blank
Hi bbfroggy, I found something very similar on my labia minora yesterday and went to the dr. today. He looked at it and told me it was a sebaceous cyst...basically a pimple down there. So much fun, I know...aren't we lucky?? The dr. asked me if I wanted him to drain it and I said yes...which the whole thing was very painful, but I do feel a bit better now. I've read that taking hot baths, doing a sitz bath, or a hot compress is supposed to help a bunch. Good luck with yours, hope you get better! Take care... :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank