bumps on cervix

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

bumps on cervix

About a weak ago I discovered two small bumps on my cervix, a large one on my left of the opening and a small on the other. They weren't there the day before I found them. Also I haven't been sexualy active in three and a half months. I thought maybe it might be a yeast infection so I bought a cream and used it the entire 7 days, but that didn't get rid of them.  Should I worry about the bumps or will they eventualy go away on their own?
You need to see a doctor.  The bumps are not a yeast infection (as you have found) and they need to be examined because bumps are not normal.  It's impossible for us over the computer to tell what they are - they could be any number of things.

Since you are sexually active you should be seeing a doctor annually anyway, so this is a good time to start.  Good luck!
What do the bumps look like?  Skin tags, cysts, genital warts...it could be a number of things.  No one on line can diagnose them.  See your doctor.
if your bumps are red, pink and or white, they can be HPV genital warts, i was just diagnosed a few week ago. i had a pink bump and than it turned to white. it was biopsied and i tested positve HPV. go get checked, it stinks , i havent had any sexual relations since 10/05 and this bump came out in 6/06 out of nowhere.
i have the same bumps but i've never been sexually active..... how do you get HPV?
I went to my gyno a year back for the same thing when I noticed a small, hard bump on my cervix. She examined me and told me that it was a nabothian cyst. Here is a link to the National Institute of Health article on nabothian cysts: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001514.htm

They are harmless, and may coincide with your menstrual cycle. My gyno told me that it may go away and come back, or may never go away, but that it is harmless. Hope this helps!
Went for a pap smear in Feb'2011, everything was fine, been on antibiotics and thought I had thrush, so went for a check up today doctor said everthing looks fine there might be some thrush, but at the entrance of cervic she detected a small red bump which she said looks like a berry just to describe it to me, and for te first time there was blood when she did the pap smear which she said was from that bump. it was on the plastic thongs that she used   I had HPV in 2007 and when I went for the repeat pap smear in 6 months it had vanished, 2009 pap smear was clear too, said to wait for results and then she will send me to  see Gyno. i have been married for 22 years and only had one partner so has my hubby and I trust him 200 pct, Can anyone shed some light I thought you have to be with numerous partners to get HPV.  
Can anyone tell me what was there diagnosis, and did you have to do an operation cause she said the gyno will remove it
hg