bumpy texture on head of penis

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

bumpy texture on head of penis

Hi. My boyfriend is experiencing a change of texture on the head of his penis. I've noticed it before, it comes and goes. but lately ( past few months) it's almost always there. they are not warts or herpes or pustules of any kind. Simply a slightly raised texture almost like sand paper. sometimes he describes it as feeling dry and irritated and uncomfortable to the touch. we've been researching this online for a month or so now. He thought he might have a male yeast infection. He's applied anti-fungal cream twice daily for about a month. And also took a herbal remedy called Candex that I used once before with success for a female yeast infection. His symptoms go away for a little while then come back again after any friction or after wearing swim trunks for too log, or going on a bike ride, or masturbating, or having sex, or even looking at it! ( just kidding on that last one there) Thought maybe it was jock itch, but that doesn't seem to be the case either as this textural symptom on the head of the penis will show up out of the blue and sometimes be nothing other than a coarse change in texture. Could there be two different things going on here at the same time? Perhaps some sort of yeast infection and then a separate textural hopefully "normal" change in his skin? Should he see a dermatologist, or a urologist or test for an std? please help us? At this point we are afraid to be too intimate for fear of a flare up or a not so good uncomfortable feeling that only leads to ???'s and concern.
Thanks for your help :)
The bumps u are describing line around the head of the penis???  And resembles the normal skin color. A little rough to the touch and a little dry feeling which could give it that sand paper feel you speak of????
Hi, thanks for responding. No, the bumps don't line the head of the penis. I also read about a condition called ... pearly penile papules? ( or something to that effect) These bumps are even smaller than those. kind of like the texture near the back of the tongue. And it covers  almost the entire top side of the head of the penis, not just the rim. feels like sandpaper.
My boyfriend has described the sensation as dry and irritated only after any sort of friction, contact or rubbing. Other than that there is no pain or discomfort at all. At its worst point he has described and almost cracking of the skin due to the dry irritated feeling.
oh, yes, also the color is basically normal flesh color. sometimes the entire area gets a little extra pink when irritated.
Search this...  im almost positive its worth looking at...    

Fordyce's
I have same thing that started after I applied a cortizone cream. Had a small cut from oral or sex about two weeks ago. Used the cortizone to try to heal it faster..now skin is like it has some kind fo "cover almost like plastic. Color is more red than normal. No pain...
KTowne, Belle313, and Des_a_rae commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals