burning and itching a week after getting fingered

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi, so I fingered my girlfriend over a week ago and I did it a little too hard to the point where it hurt her so bad she started crying. She said it felt like she was being stabbed. Keep in mind that she is a virgin. Well, she said the pain went away for about a week and then she shaved, and she noticed her vagina began to feel itchy and irritated. She thought it was just from shaving. But then 5 days later, she noticed a green-ish yellow discharge coming from her vagina. She said it doesnt smell or anything. What could this be? She is terrified
Another additional detail. while I was fingering her I felt something hard inside her and I don't know what it was..
Where was the hard spot inside her? Could it have been her hymen? It is possible that she was scratched inside and it cause the pain and a mild irritation or infection. If she has any more discharge or notices a strong smell I would strongly suggest she see her dr as that would indicate a serious problem. Other than that unless she has any more pain ect she should be fine. Best wishes to you both, Sissie
thanks for your input. She says there's no abnormal or strong smell coming from it so I keep telling her it will heal. I told her I probably scratched her by being too rough and that it got irritated but shes still scared. I figured if we give it time it should heal up pretty quickly and the discharge will subside.
You are welcome. But like I said if it continues or gets worse  she should see a dr or at least talk to her mother. Other than that it should heal. I am concerned about the hard spot though, you never said where it was? Is it her hymen? Best wishes, Sissie
Hi, it's been over a month now and she's still irritated. The hard spot was inside her, like it wasn't a big spot, just something i could feel. Her vagina does not smell, but she said her discharge is still a little abnormal and it burns her sometimes. I felt this could be because I still continued to finger her before she could heal. I feel like I'm the one causing the irritation
She should go to a dr anyways anytime a girl starts being sexually active its always smart even if its not imtercourse over time and puberty our bodies go.thru several changes and girls are very proned to cists not to be over alarmed wit cancer. But if she did have a period and usea tampons u would think we would know if we have remember taking our tampon out before puuting in a new one.but i myself had a experience where one was in there for like a week before my body just rejected it. I felt really dumb for it but it does happen. I know other girls who had on in for a month abd they had the symptoms ur describing. She may need to get on.an antibiotic or she could have something serious. She can go to a womens free clinic she may be producing too much eatrogen but u never really know.be safe and you should go wit her sounds to me she trusts u enoigh to tell u about the discharge which can be embarassing for others. Im sure she will be ok just go.get checked a month is not normal
You may have been irritating her but after a month of this she really should see a dr. She could have a cyst and it can get or be infected. Infections in the vaginal area can be very serious. You also need to stop any type of penetration. If she uses tampons she needs to stop. Has she had a period during this? If she did was her period normal? Best wishes, Sissie
Her period did come and it was normal
It sounds like she doesn't want to go to doc because maybe her Mum will go with her? Tell her to call doc and tell him/her in confidence. Then she can go along and get checked out. She has to because us ladies are very sensitive in that area any little infection could spread to the bladder. They are very gentle when examining virgins. I heard of  a friend's little girl, aged 4, who had to be seen. She wasn't happy but wasn't hurt either. Your g/friend has to be brave and get some medical opinion. The other thing is, you don't want her to be scared of any  sexual contact. Once all this is sorted take it very easy, and go at her pace. You sound like you are very close and trust each other. However, she's probably scared to be hurt again. Promise you won't do anything to hurt her and take it slowly to build up her trust and confidence again. Good luck to both of you.
If your girlfriend still feels irritated down below, it is likely that she has thrush.  This can feel irritating and itchy.  If the doctor confirms this then the both of you will need to be treated if you had penetrative sex or touched her with your penis.

The lump you felt inside her is likely to be her uterus.

Although you can get medications for thrush over the counter from the pharmacist, I would advise that she gets checked out by the doctor.  The doctor can either make a diagnosis by the symptoms or get a nurse to take a swab to have it analysed and the appropriate medication prescribed.

As a home remedy you can also apply natural live yogurt to the area.

Tell your girlfriend not to use soaps or bubble baths or shower gels down below because they dry the skin;  or any female sprays because that can also be irritating to the skin.

Tell her to wear cotton underwear and not to wear any tight clothing.

When she goes to see the doctor, tell her to take a urine sample so the doctor can check that too.

Make sure when you do any type of foreplay that she is well lubricated and ready before entering (finger or otherwise).

Best wishes.
If her period was normal and she had no problems during it but is still having a irritation and a discharge she should see a dr. There are too many things it could be and we can all take guesses but since this has been an ongoing problem she needs to get checked and get whatever it is taken care of the longer it gets put off the more problems she may have in the future. Best wishes, Sissie
Question: Does it hurt to be fingered ? Does it burn, hurt, and sting afterwords ? I know you bleed but can your vagina stretch and cut open a little bit and bleed ? If all those symptoms happen, is it normal ?
Depends how well lubricated and relaxed you are and it also depends on how rough the person is when masturbating you.

Nothing should bleed when done properly.

Make sure that whoever masturbates you has clean short finger nails and always washes their hands before touching you and ALWAYS washes their hands after using the toilet for whatever reason.
KTowne, and Shannon79 commented on KTowne's status
5 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on veronica0808's status
6 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
9 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals