Women's Health Community
burning pain in area of vulva and clitoris
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning pain in area of vulva and clitoris

I have had pain sometimes burning sometimes throbbing in the area of vulva and clitoris (it is hard to pinpoint).  Thight clothes and or sitting for more that a few minutes make it worse but loose clothes and not sitting for 3 consecutive days brought no relief.  I have seen my obgyn twice and am using hydrocortisone ointment 2x daily and triamcinoloncr .5 once daily or sometimes not at all and premarin 1g three x a week. My OBGYN diagnose is cronic (chronic) irritation.  I have stopped using soap in the area and double rinse all my clothes and bedding.  I wear only loose fitting clothes.  I have been on this regime for 4 weeks and there is little or no improvement.  I do not have any discharge or itching and it is not painful to urinate.  I do not have a yeast infection.  I am miserable.  My husband and I rarely have sex since the problem started last December.  I saw the nurse practioner inbetween dr visits at my insistance and had a urine sample taken - my suggestion.  She said my urine looked fine but i don't think any tests were run just it looked clear.  I am 60 years old have not had a period in 3 years and in generally very good health.  Any suggestions?
Related Discussions
I am experiencing the very same symptoms.  Mine started with a dental appt.preping 2 teeth for crowns, then I my mouth broke out with cankor sores,then I ate a raw scallop on a sushi roll.  I began to feel like a urinary tract infection, did sit baths, drank cranberry juice.  On the 4th day, passed blood.  Went to Urgent Care-gave me Sipro.It stopped the bleeding.  Took it 6 days, went to Immediate Care-blood in urine & pus-another anitbiotic & yeast infection pill that you take 1 time,lasts 7 days. Blood test fine. Went to my dr.he said urine culture is negative??Told me to quit taking the new antibiotic.  Burning like fire below 4 more days-no sign of redness or sores.  I am trying Monistat 3 tonight.  Cannot stand the burning-keeps me awake. 3 weeks now. Plan to see a GYN asap. Hopefully someone will do a cuture swab test.
Something! Going crazy with painful burning. My eyes are also burning & sometimes my skin. I am 62 No period in 8 yrs.in good health. Thougtht maybe I had a urinary tract infection from bacteria in the scallop.  Maybe you are allergic to shellfish? Do you eat sushi? I will never it it again!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...