burning pain in left breast with discharge, and itching of nipple area
After having a benign cyst removed from my left breast in April 2007, 2 months ago my aerola on left breast became dry and itchy. 3 weeks ago nipple area became red, swollen, and painful. warm compress for a week and pus and blood relized some of the pressure. Antibotics for 10 days helped some. No breast specialist in area, and visiting local surgeon he sent me home for month. Said my mammo was not due until March. Clear discharge coming from nipple, burning sensation in breast, and feel small lump deep in breast tissue. No inverted nipple, no fever. I asked surgeon to go ahead with mammo thought insurance would pay since there was a problem. He said he didn't want to irrate infection more if that was the problem. Do I seek second opion?  I live in a rural area with no breast specialist. Can I go to local hospital myself and request ultrasound?  Does this sound like an infection, or is it safe to wait another month?
any time you have abnormal discharge on the breast seek med att. go to the er
my gyno is aware of problem. He gave me antibotics, and referred to surgeon. If I go to er, what dr. do I out down as my refering phy? There is no one in this area who seems to know much about breast problems. I can travel 2 hrs away and see specialist but can't get in for 5 weeks. Might as weel wait on surgeon.