burning sensation outside vagina
hi everyone !
last week i think i was on monday i had my pap smear and i was having some discharge and some how a burning felling in the outside of my vagina ! well this monday i went 2 my doctor because the burning is a bit more and uncomtrable well she give me a cream to put in the inside and the outside is call miconazole nitrate she also told me that my pap smear what abnormal with was shocking to me she said i has HPV im very confused and scared she said i need another test done to see exacly what type of HPV its but my question is what can be causing that burning on the outside i had this for over 3 week or so , and is very uncomtrable my skin looks normal is not red , or irrtated none of that ??? can some one pls give me some advice of what can be going on ? can this be cause by the stress a been having over std's  
i had my std test done an everything was clear what can this be ? i am a 22 year old girl
any advice @ all ? :(