buzzing/vibration
What causes a buzzing/vibration in the groin or pubic area?
I also feel a buzzing vibration in different areas of my body!
is this a trick question? does it take batteries? LOL...
not really sure what ya mean. you were kind of vague with your information. do you mean like a muscle spasm?
It could be ciculation. Blood moving sometimes feels like this. You are probably just really sensitive to your own body. I don't think it is any casue for alarm.

Oceans! Bad girl! I havent had that but sounds like a blood thing maybe.
after i had a spinal injury and 2 opperations i sufferd this on and off for years. it is nerve sensations that you are feeling and absolutely nothing to worry over. in my experience , what we've never had before feels scary, but can be quite harmless.
I've had it... When I was pregnant (early on) I think things are growing...

I've had it not preg. and I think it's the uterus moving around a little trying to tickle the ovary to make an egg...

Not a doc, but my personal opinion and experience
I am 52 years old and I have no uterus due to a hysterectomy (vaginal).  I am not so sure where I stand with menopause.  I am having this strange feeling in my lower abdomen which feels like vibrating.  It comes and goes very frequently during the day.  Any thoughts out there?
Hello All,

I am 49 years old.  I had a complete hysterectomy 17 years ago.  However just a couple of days ago I too have started experiencing the vibrating sensation in my vaginal area.  It feels as if I am sitting on a cell phone in the vibrate mode.  Please if anyone knows of the medical term for this, it sure would relieve a lot of anxieties I have been having.  

I am relieved to know that this sensation appears to be common.  It would be nice to know if this is something that can treated.
I just started getting the vibrations a few days ago & I felt like I was going to lose my mind.  It's comforting to know others are going through it, too.  From what I have found online, it sounds menopausal, but I just tyrned 38 and stil have regular periods every 28 days.....BIZARRE!
Have any of you had a back-ache lately?  I was reading a series of posts of men having the same sensation in their groin areas and most complained about having lower back problems leading up to the vibrating sensations.  

I am only 38 and not going through any type of menopause right now, but I am experiencing an odd vibrating sensation in my pubic area that mimics a very weak cell phone or pager vibration, and it seems to be very consistent (1 sec vibrating, 3 sec pause, and so on).  

I know I for one, had a wicked lower back-ache while wrapping what seemed to be endless Christmas presents the other day, and then last night, I noticed the vibrating while laying down to go to sleep.  It has continued throughout the day today as well.  

I've never experienced anything like this before, but I am going to start doing some stretches for the next week or so to see if that will help at all.  

It sure is a freaky sensation, eh?  It does make me feel a bit better to know that other people have had it, and that it could just be related to a back-ache.
I too am having this very annoying vibration.  Can we get a professional opinion on this board?
I too have been having this sensation.  I thought I was crazy also.  Any chance that you live near high tension power lines?  My Dr. told me that it can happen if you live near power lines and have an IUD with a copper top.  I do not have an IUD but do live within 300 feet of the power lines.
I've just started to feel buzzing in my left ovary.  My right ovary was removed about 5 years ago, and I'm 45 years old, healthy, and active.  It's like others have described, a weak buzzing from a cellphone that's on vibrate, in my pelvic region just around where I imagine my ovary to be.  It lasts about 1.5 to 2 seconds then stops.  It started about two weeks ago.  It happens any time of day or night, and comes without any kind of regularity.  

I'm still regular with my period, though it's been heavy for about a year.

Weird, huh?

i'm 27 and i tooo get this strange feeling in my left ovary. I thought it was my phone vibrating in my pocket but it wasn't. i haven't had a back injury nor am i near any power lines. WHAT IS IT???
I am also having the buzzing in my right ovary. I have not had this before, and it is very annoying. It does sound like the cell phone on a light vibrate. I am thinking it may have to do with ovulation, with the ovary swelling up to release the egg. Have any of you stopped the feeling for a few weeks, and then it comes back?
So did we ever get a professional opinion?  I have the vibrating sensation on the right side of my pelvic area.  I kept thinking it was my phone vibrating in my purse.  I've had it for about a week and it just comes and goes randomly.  I did start my period today. ???
I have hjust found this forum as I put in a search about buzzing sensations in what feels like my womb area. I am 34 and have a mirena coil so no metal on it to pick up electricity etc. Any idea what causes this? It is so annoying and slightly worrying.....
Well, I guess I am on board with the rest.  Started having pulsating vibrations around the pubic bone area (sorry to say it is not pleasureable, just annoying).  I too have low back aches so maybe it is nerve endings under pressure...I am making an appointment with my GYN and maybe there is an answer.  I will report back unless they put me in a jacket and take me for a ride.
This sensation has been mildly annoying me for the past few weeks.  I work in a medical environment and apart from being relieved to know the sensation is not uncommon, I learned it is most likely not an indication of serious disease - more likely nerves which emanate from the lower spine to the pudendum (groin) sending an impulse into the muscles.  This can occur after previous spinal irritation but can commence even from sitting too long.  I am trying mineral remedies such as magnesium and some calcium along with mild strengthening exercises. Hope this is a little bit helpful.
Has there been any response????? It has come and gone for weeks with me I am about to turn 36 and it truly is scaring me what has your DR tols you CHARXX?? Please clue us in!
I've had the same thing for the last few months, I did think it was nerve impulses. But it's annoying because I'm constantly going for my mobile phone in my pocket(whether it's there or not). It's interesting to read that it could be spinal as I have a lumbar scoliosis and a thoracic scoliosis , which I've just started exercises to alleviate back pain. But a buzzing sensation is bearable compared to back pain.
I am 29 years old and  16 weeks pregnant. I too have had this issue of a vibrating feeling for about a week now.  I have had a partial placental abruption and thought that may have something to do with it, until I found this Forum.  I have an appointment with a Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist next week. I'll ask some questions and let you know what I find out.
I am a 39 year old female and have been getting the same sensation in what feels like my pelvic area. I have been experiencing it for a couple of months now but it is becoming more frequent.  At first I didn't know how to explain it; swirling, movement, vibrating, buzzing.  I plan on mentioning it to my dr. the next time I'm in.  I have back pain in my upper back; left shoulder area, I don't really think the two are related though.  I have been having a lot of pain with my right leg in the groin area, I don't recall hurting it but it feels as though I pulled a muscle and is taking months to heel. I also had a ct scan done a couple months back, so surely if anything was there it would have shown up.  It does concern me though; my first thought was could it be cancer!
I thought I was going crazy when I noticed a buzzing/vibrating sensation in my lower abdomen.  I'm very glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this strange sensation.  It's been occurring very frequently (if not constant) for a week or so. I am 21 years old, and do not have an IUD or live near power lines, so I have no idea what is causing it. I did have a very intense lower back pain earlier.  If anyone has this problem evaluated by a professional, please post!
I am 52 years old and about 3 days ago I started having the vibrating too.  It was a little frightening, not knowing what it was and feeling stupid to ask my doctor about it.  Glad to know others experience it.
Add me to the list. I am a 68yr old female, who has just been to the gyn. After that exam (that night} could not get to sleep due to this vibration on right pelvic bone every 7 seconds. I can feel it during day too, but is not as bothersome as in evening while lying still trying to sleep. Am wondering what anyone has found out from their Dr.  Please post!
wlb
Incredible! I just googled "strange buzzing in groin area" and found this forum! And I learned a lot, too. I am 57 years old, post menopausal (I think; I had a hysterectomy 17 years ago, as well) and am recovering from (and receiving physio for) a torn lower back muscle. So, I seem to fit into all the categories have I read about in this forum. I'm looking forward to a medical practitioner hopefully commenting, but I'm tending to lean towards the nerve theory. I'm happy I found this sight!

I just googled pelvic vibration and found this forum.  I've been experiencing a vibration in my right pelvic area when I sit at my desk.  I thought the chair was actually vibrating in one small area but I couldn't feel it with my hand.  I also wondered if my chair was somehow picking up a mild electrical current.

But today I felt the vibration when I wasn't in my chair so I know it's ME.  It doesn't sound like anyone on this forum has gotten an answer from their doctor but I would love to hear any opinions or advice should a doctor shed some light on this subject.

Until then, just add me to the "freakish vibration" roster.
Went to my physical therapist, and she found that my back alignment was out. She adjusted it and said the vibration should go away but it hasn't. It has been less noticeable, even before she adjusted my back, but is still there. Not  as annoying. A  neurologist told me to see him in a few weeks if it hasn't gone away by then. He didn't have an answer for me then (I'm sure he will want to send me for some expensive tests before having an opinion).
Wow.  I'm glad I'm not alone. It's been a week and it's driving me crazy.  I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to see if he can give me an answer.
The lower spine being out of alignment can cause buzzing in the groin, I too had these sensations for months until I saw a chiropractor for back pain. I've been seeing him for a number of weeks now and I don't get the buzzing anymore. No more phantom mobiles vibrating in my jeans pocket! :)
I spk w/my GYN today and he has no idea of what it could be. But he did said he has been asked this question before.  Well, I'll check with my primary doctor on Monday.  Until then....buzzzzzzzz
You probably need more than one adjustment. If your back's been out for some time it has the tendency to go back out after adjustment. That's why you need to do it more than just the once and doing exercises from your chiro as well helps keep it in the adjusted position. It really does work.
I am a 40 year old female who was diagnosed with four ruptured and/or herniated disks last year, but I received treatment for the problem and it's better. Yet here I am suddenly experiencing the buzzing sensation you all describe. I, too, felt crazy! I first thought it was the house, then I realized it was me. So it's nerves? The sensation is driving me bananas.
Yes it's the nerves.
I am a male / 34, interesting to see that so many people out there are suffering from similar vibrations that I have been feeling for the last couple of months.

I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis 10 years ago, and have undertaken various stretching and excercises, over the years the condition has become alot more bareable, until a couple of months ago.

Playing football has helped keeping my back in shape, until I fell very aukwardly, I have not played for over a month due to th apin being so acute, and the vibrations/ buzzing have started, so from reading the above I guess it must be related to the spine which suggests that more care and attentions should be taken to those who suffer from back diseases / problems.

I hope with more stretching and excercise these vibrations will stop for me and all of you.

Good Luck even though they are not harmful!!!!!
I too just had this come up... I was sitting in my chair at my computer, trying to figure out what was causing the vibration that was coming up through my chair - turning things off, searching around the house, when I realized I was still feeling the vibration but wasn't sitting any longer. Very freaky!

Mine seems to be located just to the right of center, in or behind my pubic bone.

I know that several people have pointed at nerves as the probable culprit, but I have to wonder if it might not be circulatory. The frequency seems to coincide with pulse, and there is some major circulatory system involvement in the groin.

I have been sitting a great deal, and tend to be leaning forward a lot while seated. I'm wondering if that is partly responsible for whatever the cause is.
I forgot to mention that I have also had some back pain, having just intensified my exercise routine lately, and that seems to tie in with the circumstances related by several others.
WOW! didn't know how common this was until I got here!  Mine is actually fairly centered. I don't get it regularly but when I do I remember having had it before.  It seems to start around the time I have a severe backache but not every time and is sometimes related to intestinal distress which, in my case, causes a lower back pain reminicent of menstral cramps.  I am post menopausal but have yet to consult a physician about this.  I also would appreciate any informed opinion.
Boy am I glad I am not loosing my mind.  I was beginning to think somebody slipped me a cell phone in my drink.  This buzzing/vibration feeling has been going on for the past two days in the lower right pelvic area.  My husband and I just returned from a 3 day long motorcycle ride so I am inclined to believe it has something to do with nerves in the lower back/tailbone area.  Will give it a couple days and check with my doc.
I googled pelvic vibrtions as well.  Glad I am not crazy or alone in this.  I thought it was or could be a pelvic or uterine cyst.  I sit at a computer alot, and recently sit waaaaaaay tooo much. Cancer crossed my mind as well.  I am menopausal, but I don't think that is it. Circulation maybe?  I am smoking cigarettes way too much, so maybe it is leeching calcium and other minerals from my muscles???
I also forgot too mention that when I sit it seems to start up, like it gets it going.  Muscles spasms brought on by something.  It is very annoying.  I have no back pain. I notice some comments listed here talk of back problems.  But I have never heard of the pubic/pelvic area being affected from one's back.  Has anyone's vibrations stopped----or is this a lifelong friend from now on?
It's caused by the lower spine, through back injury or if it's out of alignment - it's the nerves. Go to a chiropractor, I did and have been seeing him for nearly 2 months and I haven't had the buzzing sensation in the groin since - touch wood.
Gawd - I am so glad I'm not the only one . I noticed it this morning . It is so irritating . I went out for a long ride on the back of my hubbys motorbike last night and wondered if that could have caused it ?
5 months ago I noticed a buzzing/vibration in my left leg...after I started walking about 3 weeks earlier.The buzzing/vibration continued to get worse...I was sent to neurologists, cardiologists, my gyn ( had d&c & biopsy of uterus plus laparoscopy--found nothing)...the constant vibration on the left side of my body is about to drive me crazy....walking agrivates it..no doctor seems to know what it is..I am taking Lyrica...helps a tiny bit...does anyone have any suggestions...I am desperate!
WOW I cant believe this...  I have been searching under abdominal flutter and everything else for days.  I thought it had something to do with my Diverticulosis.  It is very resting knowing that this is quite commen.  I am only 32- with many hormonal problems.  I do visit the chiro monthly( unless I have problems)  I should go see him tomorrow....Thanks so much for this forum... very helpful.
I'm so glad I found this site. I've had that vibrating in my left ovary area for months. It comes and goes; sometimes I don't feel it for days. Sitting, standing, doesn't matter. I'm on my period now and it's going almost nonstop today. Every two or three seconds, driving me crazy, and I thought it might be air bubbles in an artery, so I was worried. I'm 54, not yet menopausal, don't live near power lines, moderately active, walk alot, no IUD and no back pain now or ever. Go figure. I will see my GYN on Tuesday, so will ask her about it.
The response my Gyn has given in relation to this question, which I have experienced as well, is that it is a muscle spasm, and no cause for alarm.  (This is just the statement he gave in relation to my own, so judge whether or not this applies to you at your own risk.)  The best way to avoid muscle spasms or cramps, at least from my reading, is to find a source of potassium.  Bananas, anyone?
I am glad to find the forum and see that I am not alone.  I am also at a desk all day long and I was trying to figure out were the vibration was coming from, then found out it was me.    I can try getting an adjustment on my back, but it seems fine.   Love to find out what it is, love for it to stop, it is very annoying.
I recently started a new job and have been keeping my cell phone in my left front pants pocket on vibrate.  I often feel vibration in this area and think it is my phone and it is not!  I remember when I was pregnant that I felt this vibration but this is not the case now since I am 50 and menapausal without a period for 2 years now.  It seems odd that I experience this feeling over and over throughout the day.  Wish a Dr. could make a diagnosis.
Im 28 and just started having the buzzing vibrational feeling in my lower pelvis area. It is a very strange feeling and im glad others are experiencing this too because it was starting to freak me out. I was telling my husband about it and he looked at me like i was nuts..lol. I notice after it happens i feel like i have to urinate and after i do it goes away for a bit. So i thought it might have something to do with my bladder. Has anyone else experienced that?
Hi All,
I am a 58 yr old woman, menopausal for at least 10 years, and my lower abdomen vibrations started around 6 months ago.For a long time I searched for an understandable way to describe them, and went through "frying sensation", " bubbles" among other terms.  Purring is another term I have seen.  I am currently being evaluated?? by a well-known neurologist for lower limb weakness, which I have had for about 2 years.  I also have diverticulosis, supposedly not symptomatic.  When the vibrations come on I'm tempted to stop whatever I am doing (I have a desk job) and focus on speculating what could be the cause.  I have at times grabbed at my belly, and sometimes placed myhands lightly on it, trying to see if any vibrations will transmit to my hand.  This web site came up after I punched in symptoms of abdominal vibrations.  Does this fall in the category of paresthesias (abnormal sensations like numbness/tingling etc????) and where the heck are the doctors in all this?  You would think there would be at least some paper(s) published or something! Sometimes I feel the only symptom you don't have to prove is pain! ...sometimes..?
I will be 50 in Dec and currently going through menopause.  I had my right kidney removed in 2005, tumor. I recently, about 2 months ago started having these vibrations in my right lower pelvic area between the pelvis and the groin area.  There is a major artery there at that point some circulatory is a possibility and so are nerves.  But you are right, where are the Dr's in all this?  It is from what I se a common problem yet at the same time a new problem.  Oe perseon above mentioned her Dr. told her it was a muscle spasm, can't be, muscle spasms hurt, bad!!!  Thsi is simply a vibration, so I believe that Dr. was just speculating, they do that alot when they don't know what's going on.  Also, I have severe problems with bothmy legs and mostly my feet, they feel frozen all the time especially at night while lting down, they are fragile and feel they they can crack at any time, like frost bite, I live in Florida so ir's definately not that.  I have sharp stabbing pains inmy toes  and long limbs.  Back to the vibration subject, it's similar to when your eye flutters which would lead me to believe that it may be more nerves then anything, the neurologist diagnosed me with spinal stenosis and I have cervical/neck problems.  At this point I don't think there should be any speculation.  I think a doppler ultrasound of the femoral arteries should be done to rule out any circulation problems and if clear then some type of nerve testing should be done along with a cat scan of the abdomen and pelvis.  Hope this helps.  Shame we have to diagnosis ourselves.  By the way, I diagnosed my own kidney tumor!!!!!  The Dr. told me not to worry about what was going on!! Glad I didn't listen to him or I would be dead by now.
Hi All,

I am a 62 year old post-menapausal woman with this problem - pelvic/vaginal vibrations. As you all say, it is weird and a little disconcerting, to say the least. It has been happening to me for about 6 months, on and off. I am trying to relate it to something new or unusual that I am doing. I have been taking Ambien (actually the generic version) (for insomnia) for about that time-frame. Last night when I took another pill I felt a strange sensation - like a vibration in my whole torso. It did not feel pleasant and was a little scary. I don't know if Ambien could be to blame for the pelvic vibrations. I would love to know if you all are taking Ambien or other drugs. Could this be a common thread between us? When you are all posting please list all medications that you are taking and maybe we will find a link that will explain this phenonmenon.
I also experience this sort of lower abdominal vibrating - particularly when I'm sitting, and much more noticeably when my laptop is on my lap - I don't know if that is postural; I had wondered if there might be some biomagnetic relationship to the computer.  Actually, I had assumed that the relationship was between the computer and my IUD (mirena), but the phenomenon continued even after I  had that removed.  glad I'm not the only one!
Back again with an observation. I am thinking this vibrating phenonmenon might be linked to stress. When the virbrating occurs, which is pretty frequently now, I relax completely, do some steady, deep breathing and it seems to disappear quickly. However, it does come back as soon as I continue with my daily routine which makes me think I am generally in a state of continued stress and this will not be completely relieved until my life changes! Try it and see if it helps. I would love to hear back some responses to this temporary symptom relief and whether it makes a difference to anyone else.
Hi, I'm 22 years old and am experiencing the same vibrating/purring sensation in my vaginal/groin area. I've been so worried over what might be causing the sensation or what it is in general. I am very shy and do not have health insurance so I have not seen a doctor. And I do have lower and upper back pain, but I don't think the sensation is the same as when your eyelid flutters or spasms because when you touch your eye at the moment it happens you can feel the movement under your fingetips. But when I place my fingers over my vaginal area (usually the left side is where I experience the vibrations) I can not feel anything with my fingers, yet I still feel the overall vibrating sensation in the area. I hope that is really is just a problem related to back pain issues. But if anyone could please give me some definitive advice or information on what to do or what it is ??? I'd be much appreciated !!!!
Hello

I have also had that feeling so I went to the doctors and she gave me a urine test and found that I had an infection, I was given and course of tablets for the infection and slowly over a period of about a week the buzzing feeling subsided. Touch wood it will no return. Hope this helps! Jackie
I started the buzzing last Saturday - it would start and then stop.  Had it again yesterday, and this morning.  So went to the doctor - she diagnosed a bladder infection too.  We'll see if the antibiotics do the trick.  I did notice that if I emptied my bladder the buzzing stopped.  
PKK
PKK
PKK
I just found this site. I am 48 and just started getting this buzzing in my right vaginal/groin area. It starts and stops. It lasts for about 3 seconds than stops than starts again. I thought i was going crazy. I was sitting at my kitchen counter and felt this buzzing in my groin area. It went away and now it is all of the time. YIKES!!  I am so glad i found this site. What is going on?
Laura
PKK
I am sorry for the 11/01/07  blank posting. I am new to this posting stuff.
PKK (Laura)
PKK
I am wondering if your vibrating feeling might have something to do with riding on the bike. I just started to ride a bicycle again. I never had this problem in the past. But the seat made my butt really sore and i am wondering if i messed up muscles or nerves? This buzzing is really agrivating.PKK ( Laura)
PKK
I have recently started Physical thearapy for a strained hip. I started to ride a bike for exersize and my hip really hurt. The bike riding was a great way for me to relieve stress and get in some exersize.
I was not riding hard just a normal pace. But my butt was really sore from riding and my hip started to ache. My ortho guy suggested PT. But this Buzzing in my pelvic/groin on the right side only  started about a week after riding the bike. The buzzing lasts all day long. It  starts than stops. Like there is a switch being turned on and off. I mentioned it to my PT and he said it is definatley nerve related. He said it is a nerve in either  the hip area or in the spine. He said the nerve is compressed somehow. He thinks it will go away on its own.He has had other patients with this problem in the past He said he will give me some stretching to help. I wonder if anyone had this problem after riding a bike? I did have back surgery in 1994 L4 & L5. So i think it is related to my back.
I certainly think it's related to riding your bike . I experienced this sensation a few months ago and it lasted for almost a week . The night before I'd been out riding pillion on my hubbys new motorbike .Previous to that I hadn't been on a motorbike in a few months . I discreetly asked a female biker colleague if she'd ever had it and she had  - after long jaunts .My friend is in her last year of training to be an ortho but she'd never heard of it before . She says she'll ask some experts for me this week . I'll post if she gets any answers .
I am a 49 year old male, and I have had similar vibrations and buzzing. I have had this experience for the last year maybe more, not sure when it started exactly. In the past   two years I have had two shoulder surgeries, and had a discectomy of L5 and S1 a year ago. I had not noticed this phenomenon before the injury and subsequent surgery. I have noticed that when I get plenty of exercise and do my physical therapy it is less frequent. This did not become a concern until my girlfriend started having the same problem. When she has hers it is constant, while mine is intermittent. Given I am an analyst of sorts by trade, it seems to me to be related to the back in some way, even though my girlfriend has not had any sort of back injury, but she has had weight fluctuations. So is it spinal degeneration due to age and injuries or???
I am a 54 yr.old female who just about 5 days ago began having this same odd vibration in my lower left pelvic/groin area. I explained it was like one of those trick hand buzzers we had when we were kids, but the cell phone vibration does bring it closer to the truth. Thanks to Google for putting me on this page where I finally see the connection between my severe back pain and this vibration. I had horrible back & ovarian pain for over a year and my PCP & GYN both agreed it was from scar tissue from previous surgeries including my hysterectomy. For over a year I have suffered back pain so bad I couldn't sleep or bend over. For some strange reason the back & ovarian pain lessened as soon as these vibrations started up. They pulsate about every 10-15 seconds and last about 1-2 seconds. It just drives me nuts because it never stops. Does anybody have a fix?????? Thanks to you all for posting your own personal pain.......... it helps ease mine.
x2k
46 yrs old male.
Same purring, vibrating sensation in lower abdomen (back side, feels like from around inside butt area)
No back pain, no bike riding, and of course no menopause (being male)
The only thing in common with other people who have posted here is having been taking sleep aids and also sitting a lot a desk/computer.
61 yr. old female
Back again, still trying to find a reason for my vibrations. What started in the "lower pelvis" region is now travelling up into the core area of my torso. It feels very weird and, on occasion, is much worse than it was. There are some days when it doesn't occur at all and some days when it is almost constant. I am wondering if it could be related to diet (possibly a new food or additive allergy). The other night I started eating a salad with rotisserie chicken from Costco and my core/torso started vibrating up a storm. I don't know if it was the chicken or something in the prepared salad dressing but I am now taking note of when it starts and keeping track of what I am eating and when and seeing if there is a connection. Food for thought!
I too have started having this vibrations or buzzing in my pubic area. Frontal section. Was curious to see what the internet had to say about this and surprised to find any comment on it at all. I am a nurse and have never heard of this. I am in my 50's , not menopausal yet and not taking any sleep aids, also no back pain involved. I'm thinking it could be a circulatory thing with and artery or something. I guess this is more common than I thougt, judging by all the comments here.
Does any one really know why? When I started having this I thought it was my cell phone on silent in my scrubs pocket. Kept looking at the phone , but no , it wasn't that. I goes on all day everyday for the last week. And night. It's not painful either. Just BUZZ !
I am 58 years old and just started experiencing the vibrations in the right ovary area...I also thought it was my phone vibrating, but of course it wasn't.  It is not painful, but is very annoying and a true mystery...It does certainly make me feel better that this is a common thing, but frustrating that no one really knows what it is....I would just feel better if someone had a definite answer to what is the cause of this...Please, if anyone who is experiencing this same thing in the pelvic, ovary area and gets an answer from a doctor  please post it...Thank you.....
I am 25 years ols and 8 months pregnant! i have been having this vibrations all day. my doc said it is nothing to worry about but still very werid!!
I have recently been having the vibration or "purring" sensation in my left breast.  It is good to see that there are others that have these sensations, but it also would be good to know what is causing them.  I am not worried or scared, but I am curious.  The only thing I know for sure is that I have a number of cycts in my breast tissue and maybe the fluid (if there is fluid, I have never been told much except that they are there in my breast tissue, and I never felt them) is causing the vibration sensation.  
I am a 47 yo woman and have had a vibrating sensation several times over the last few months. Mine happens always at night and wakes me up. It happens in a small section of the lower back just above the tail bone. The first couple times it happened it scared the **** out of me and it actually felt like I was laying on my cell phone and it starting to ring on vibrate. This was not just a small twinge of vibration but strong, strong enough to wake me up.  It happened again last night and it woke me up screaming like a nightmare, this time the vibration was stronger, not like the purr of a vibrating cell phone, but like a rubber ball bouncing back and forth.

This has me a bit concerned, I was thinking that maybe it was gas trapped in the colon or something, but it is wierd that is happens in the same spot and always at night?  

So today I decided to search for some answers and found this forum....so at least I know I am not crazy, but I would like to know what is causing this as it does scare me a bit!

Susan
If you've read this far down the posts, you are looking for answers for sure, as am I!
Female, 52, deep into menopause but not quite post-menopausal.  I swear it feels like my cell phone fell out of my back pocket and straight to the middle of my underpants!  But like someone said earlier, it's not pleasurable but annoying. Felt while sitting, walking, or even standing still.
Anyone else have this additional symptom?  I'm thinking it maybe something to do with the body's electrical impulses.  About once a week when I lay down at night to watch TV, it feels like someone turned off the power switch on my whole body for a sudden, brief second.  Like a long blink, but I didn't blink.  I can't even explain it.
I have the same annoying yet not painful pelvic vibrations, like a cell phone on vibrate but no idea what it is.  I'm 28, take Seasonale birth control so haven't had a period since September (I get horrible migraines when I have it so I've just decided not to have it at all anymore).   I don't have back pain.  I sit a lot at work.  My left leg was aching all day today, I have no idea if it is related to the buzzing or I just sat on it funny.  I wish someone knew what this is!!
I am glad to see I am not a freak and not having a stroke.This will drive you nuts until you find this site. Then you know that you won't die from this. I too have lower back problems from a high school football injury, and this fit right in with my symptoms.39 year old male
Do you think there might be a relationship to having the laptop sitting in our laps?  Although this has just started (a week or so) and have used computer in lap for years.  At least I have not totally lost it - thought I was going crazy.
ok I have just started with the buzzing /vibrating sensation, and was looking to see if I could link the feelings to an IUD that I just had put in. It is non metal,as I was linking the feeling to radio waves or something. I am a gymnastics teacher and have had back problems in the past,also what I believe to be syactica sp?? I did read above about a women who also had an IUD put in I wonder if there is a common link there??? Anyone???
I have the mysterious vibration that began about age 45. I felt it in my chest, my heart is alright. I also feel the vibration in my abdomen. I quit worrying about it, but I find it interesting. I have my yearly exams, and all is o.k. I have had a heart mri, ejection fraction, treadmill. I had a stroke Jan 2005. I sometimes wonder if some of the heart meds I take could be causing this. Heart meds after all can give you wierd side effects, but you just live with it. If I don't sprout bee wings and buzz away.
although after further reading the above info, I am wondering if it is stress related, when I get really stressed my right eye begins to twitch, the more I write the weirder this sounds
It seems that most of you experiencing this vibration are in the perimenopausal or menopausal age group. or, you are experiencing this around your period. This tells me that it must be related to the changes that occur in a women's body with relation to our cycles. Granted there is always the exception - such as the man that posted on there, obviously he doesn't have any "cycle" issues - but for the most part it seems to be the case. Such common factors I've noticed are:

- Night time
- Sitting at computers or desks for long periods of time
- Age (perimenopausal or menopausal)

My mom is going through an incredibly difficult time right now with these vibrations. She's perimenopausal, not sleeping well, having odd menstrual cycles, crying fits for unexplained reasons, anxiety attacks, panic, and on top of it all ... she is feeling these same vibrations in her uterus that everyone here is feeling. She too is looking for answers.  But, in her search for an answer, she is so stressed out about it all that she starts to have panic attacks. There is no end to this vicious cycle.

I only wish I could show her that lots of women (and some men) at her age are going through this, that she is not alone, and that she will be okay, not to worry about it so much that she drives herself into another panic attack. if any of you would also post your experiences like mine, if you have them, that would be really helpful for my mom when she reads this thread, instead of reading about how everyone has the same problem with no answer as to why.
I have the "Buzz" too. Right pelvis, I am 53, hystorectomy, IC (bladder problems), and hernias. I feel great most of the time, like I'm 25. I recently went on a long trip in the car (6 hrs). After arriving home I took a shower and about an hour later started feeling the buzzing. On and off again, weak and strong. Emergency doc checked for blood clot but only found a hernia located near the vagina. I have now had the buzzing for 3 days, I have an appointment with my surgon that did my first hernia repair. I hope he has some answers for us. I will post when I find out.
My pulsating vibration is around my right ankle and in my heel.  I went to the Dr today.  He took an x-ray, but couldn't find anything.  He has no idea what is causing it, but says not to worry that it should go away on its own.  But it's driving me crazy...it doesn't hurt, but is so annoying.  Any suggestions to make it STOP?
I have been moving around and stretching, it seems to help, I have had my buzz since Saturday. It seems to have gotten better, or maybe I am getting used to it. I have an appointment with my vascular/general surgen on Monday. He repaired a hernia for me last Sept. i trust him and I do expect him to give me some kind of an answer. I wil post the results of my visit on Monday or Tuesday,
Thanks, I may be more anxious for your appointment than you are!  The vibration has moved up my leg, now it's above my ankle.  Anyway, sure hope your doctor knows what it is!
I saw my doc this morning, he said it was smart of me to check for a blood clot, however, he thinks it is a nerve being pressed. My buzzing stopped two days ago. I did a lot of walking and stretching. Very little sitting. I stood so much that my back was aching. I do have a small hernia, he is not even concerned and said I can have it taken care of anytime, evern 6 months from now. I will be praying for all of you. If I have anything to add that I think will help, I will let you know.
I will still check in, daily if anyone has a question for me.
My best friend had laparascopic surgery to remove the endometriosis she was suffering from. Since the surgery a month ago she has been experiencing a buzzing/vibrating sensation in what she believes to be her uterus. She cannot sleep or concentrate as a result and is afraid it will drive her crazy. Her doctor, in fact, acted as if she were crazy when she told him this. She is afraid that a nerve was severed and that this will be permanent. Can you help her?
Thanks,
Bettina
Advise her to see a nuro-surgon, my vascular doc said it is very possible that it is a nerve. God only knows what happens to your body after any kind of surgery, it seems that you are never the same. It might eventually go away, decreasing as time goes by. I beleive that the buzzing I was experiencing was a nerve.
Hello, I am 43 female, I have had a similar buzzing sensation in my tailbone. I have had this off and on for about six years now. In my early years, I use to get quite a few charlie horses in my butt cheek muscles. When the buzzing lasted for four days straight I went to a general practitioner, who didn't even know what to write in my file. He gave me a rectal exam and ruled out pallups. He sent me for xrays and to a neurologist. The xrays confirmed that my L4L5 had been fused together from birth, not an injury. The Neurologist did the whole battery of tests and determined that my vertebrate are rubbing on my spinal column and causing a deferred sensation down in my tail bone area. He told me to not do any exercises that bother that area of my back. Darn! no more hydrants....hahahaha. I have not had the sensation too much after that now that I have half a clue as to what it is, I watch what I do physically. I am very active and rollerblade, and ref basketball. When the doctor tested my feet he made me close my eyes. He was touching different parts of them with a tuning fork and when he tapped the tuning fork, I freaked out because that is the same vibration I felt inside my tail bone. I jokingly asked him how I would remove the tuning fork from my ***....hahahaha. Try to think about the activity you have done lately and see if anything is different.

Good Luck
26 year old Female.

I too have had a buzzing like feeling or soft vibration coming from my lower abdomen. It just started today. Yesterday and toady I've had a little bit of "breakthrough bleeding" but it is not time for my period. I've always had a normal healthy period. I have felt more stressed out lately and am wondering if it's related... I don't think I'm pregnant.

Just thought I would add myself to the growing list. I'm planning on going to the doctor next week and will try to post what I find out.

<3
At least I don't think I am crazy anymore. I also found another thread on this. I have not changed anything in my lifestyle that would cause this. Wish someone knew. Mine only happens when I lower my head to look down, and then it is constant.

This is the other place I have seen people talk about it:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5024955558623271443&postID=5481812412006066341
I just started feeling this buzzing, vibrational feeling today, very continuously.  Very weird indeed.  Yes, I have had some lower back issues and stress.  I have been to physical therapy for a month for my back issues - nothing except a bit of degeneration and not a lot of that.  The doctor was not to worried but set me up for physical therapy because my core muscles needed strengthening.  Hoping to keep my back from going out again.  The buzzing feeling is weird and my right to middle abdominal wall is even beggining to feel very warm (no pain) along with the continuous vibrations.   I have been wondering if I have a vaginal or urinary infection but have been to the doctors so much for so many different issues that I just don't want to go again.  They now know my face and probably my phone voice.  So I am looking for natural or over the counter meds to solve possible infections.  I have chiropractic adjustments every 2 to 3 weeks so I am not sure if it is related to being out of alignment but who knows.  I am due to see her again next week.  I will ask her.   Doesn't seem like the doctors out there are too worried about this one.  By Justine
I just found this thread by searching for "intestinal vibration"! I've been buzzing/vibrating/purring for more than a week. It started on the right side of my lower abdomen. Now the feeling moves around to different areas. Like another poster, I also feel weird sensations in my chest.

I suspect it's caused by nerve compression. I've been having back problems lately, more work stress and IBS flareups. I'm 50, perimenopausal, and have several large fibroids.

I'm seeing my chiropractor tomorrow. I WILL report back! I promise.

I'm happy to report that the vibration STOPPED after my chiropractic treatment yesterday! My DC used low-force manipulations and ultrasound. She said my muscles were a mess and my back and hips were way out of alignment. (I think one of the reasons was due to overextending while exercising.)

What a relief!
EKP
Let's hear it for the Internet. I'm sure most of us thought we were going nuts ... until we read each other's posts. I would never mention this to a doctor for fear he'd dismiss everything I ever said from then on.
But yes, I'm 51, I've had both ovaries removed, and lately I've noticed this cell-phone like vibration or buzzing in my lower left pelvic area. I have bursitis of my sitz bone and tendinitis of the hamstrings, so my PT has been having me do lots of stretching exercises (lower back, pelvis, hamstrings, calves). I'm sure that's what's setting it off. (I also had part of my cervical spine replaced with an implant 18 months ago.)
Thanks for all the reassurance. I've had it too :) for two months now. Glad to hear that it isnt something I'm going to die from.

Here's my profile:
Age 29
Copper IUD
Heavy periods
Laptop user with long hours of sitting (cross legged)
No surgery
Have a cat - The doctor said 'I have no idea' what it is and tried me on a worm treatment !! (didnt help)

So just going to try lots of yoga - now that i'm less panicky about it.
I started having these vibration sensations in my loer abdomen as well, for about 2 weeks now. I am a nurse, and I have never heard of, nor learned of this symptom or what it might be in relation to. I have no pain, just vibration. When I try to feel it with my hand.,..nothing. I can't believe this many people are on here, I thought it was me!
I too am really relieved to hear that this is so common. I'm a 34 y.o. mom of two (both c-sections) and have had lower back and hip problems since my teens. About 2 years ago I experienced buzzing in my sacral (belly button) area for a few days. The buzzing in my pelvic floor/perineal area started about 2 months ago, and stopped after a couple of days, and now it's back almost constantly. My doc also thought I was a bit crazy when I mentioned it.
The nerve theory sounds right. I have had pinched nerves in other areas before , but this caused pain. I've also had annoying pins and needles sensations in various parts of my body, for months after both c-sections due to nerve irritation (spinal blocks are not benign procedures, whatever they say).
Pilates exercise helps for me. I'm sure any core strengthening exercise would help.
Here's an alternative view based on an energetic level for those of you who are so inclined. A friend who does energy healing suggested it may be related to a blockage in the sacral and/or root chakras. On a tangible physical level this could manifest in a number of ways, including pinched/irritated nerves. I tried meditating on my feet growing roots into the earth, and any excess build up of energy moving down and out of my feet into the earth, and all my chakras spinning brightly, dispersing the appropriate energy to the correct parts of my body.
Well, it stopped the buzzing for the longest time so far - a week! - it's back again after a lot of stress and lifting children. Guess it might have to be an ongoing practice. In the process, I felt a lot more grounded and my racing thoughts slowed down. (an energy healer would say that had to do with the bottle neck of energy stuck in my brow chakra now being able to move out).
I'm a biological scientist by training, though no longer practising. But whatever the theory be about the meditation, it worked.
Another aside that might come in handy, since many of us on this site seem to have back pain. A number of medical studies have shown that back pain frequently has an emotional link. So whether the cause is physical trauma, wear and tear, emotional stress or over exercise, any practice which soothes, lifts or calms the emotions, should alleviate pain to some extent. Our nervous systems are pretty incredible.
Thank goodness for this forum, I too thought I was loosing my mind. These "vibrations" statred when I was at my desk at work in front of my computer. I thought there was a train going by...then realized it was me! It has been going on for about 5 days now and occurs every 10 to 15 seconds. They arent painful but vey annoying and scary as well. I googled buzzing in the lower abdomen and found the forum. I have always had back pain but after reading these posts I am quite convinced that this is what these vibrations stem from. Has anyone found anything concrete to back this theory?
Had to chuckle when reading about blockage to the sacral or root chakra. I suspected that part of the problem was with the second chakra. One theory I have is that doing Tai Chi, of all things, was creating a lot of energy there and not moving.
My stats
low pubic vibrations, left side, most noticeable during periods
45 yr old female, 4 kids vaginal deliveries
regular monthly periods, 1 day heavy flow
laptop and desk top user
I would not describe myself as particularly stressed, although I am occasionaly, more reflective and meditative

Wow!  I cannot believe how many people and the various ages this affects.  I am 50yrs, old and do alot of walking for excercise but think the connection is in how we are sitting for long periods of time or on what we are sitting. I rode my bike last week  about 12 miles  and noticed my rear was getting numb. The seat was padded but narrow, and I started having this buzzing/ vibration the next day. I really did not put the two together until I started reading these blogs. I am also in the menopause stage and on the patch which is place on the lower abdomen and thought that may be it but the nerve being traumatized makes more sense.  Hope this helps....Susan
Well, add another new member....the difference in my situation is that I have no back problems or pain.  I'm 40, post-hysterectomy by 7 months - they left my ovaries.  My vibrations are centered over my pubic bone and are fairly constant - driving me INSANE!  Just started this morning...and some people have been vibrating for MONTHS????  I'll be absolutely insane if this lasts more than even a couple days!

My question to all is - does anyone suffer from RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)?  I get it when I'm overly tired or stressed.  Just wondering if there's any correlation.......
Hello, have been experiencing buzzing in my vaginal area for a few months now, mostly the week before my period, thought I'd come online to investigate and found other buzzing people!!  I am 40, 3 children and have had a copper iud for the past two years but have had the occasional problem with this, am wondering if the buzzing is related to my coil.

Julster1319 - try drinking milk for your restless leg syndrome
So glad I Googled and found this page.  My vibration in the lower right side started three days ago.  I have IBS, RLS and sit for about 12-14 hours day working on the computer.  Also go to chiro periodically and will set up an appt next week to see if he can stop it.  It isn't constant but usually seems to be more noticeable after I eat.  I thought it was related to my IBS, but it doesn't feel like anything I've ever had before.  VERY weird... definitely like I swallowed my cell phone!  Glad to hear I'm not alone, but seems strange that so many of us have it!  Men and women, and women both pre- and post menopausal.  So it's not related to gender or age!  I think we need to be part of a test group.  :-)
OMG

I can't believe all these postings!!!!!!

I an 46  female with no back problems on the last day of my rather heavy period....The 1st vibration hit me when I layed down  on the couch this afternoon.

My vibration is centered around my right ovary and feels like i stuck my cell phone in the wrong pocket...lol

It was rather infrequent at first, but as I sit here at the computer it is buzzing at 5 second intervals.

Love to know what it is.
I have been feeling it for about a week now, Sometimes I think its stronger.  It's in my left pubic area.  I sit at a computer & type all day so based on what i've read, think maybe it has something to do with that, like nerve issues in the lower back which vibrates to the front?  I dunno.  I am so glad I'm not the only one.  I was thinking about going to the Dr. but feel so funny telling him "I'm vibrating down there".
The common link here is that we are all computer users. I have stopped putting my laptop directly on my lap and the vibration has stopped, although I noticed it during my period before. We'll see what happens with my next period. I'll keep you all posted.
I went to my doctor (who is also an ER doc) yesterday and when I told him about my "vibration" he called in another doctor who is a "holistic" DO in the same practice.  Right away the DO said it's my ileocecal value that is spasming.  He said it sometimes spasms when it's "stuck open."  Here is a link to info about it... http://www.energybalancing.com/selfeval/ileocecal.html.  Interesting!  Here's another link... http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/bodydigestive/787/   Everything I'm reading sounds like it could be it and they say that a chiropractor can treat it.
have had almost all symptoms mentioned in posting, I am60 years
of age and feel definitely it is a nerve problem, take Kava Kava it
helps tremendously.  Problem is not serious, just very anoying.
I get nausia with the buzzing also.
My vibration has stopped after a week.  It is a relief as it was becoming quite annoying.  I am due to start my period any day now so thought maybe it was related to that.  I am going to look up information about the ileocecal valve thing though... Thanks to SusanJ70 for sharing that information.
Found this forum by googling "buzzing sensation groin."  I just turned 45 on the 24th, and I started feeling the buzzing about three days ago.  It's in the pubic area on the right side--very low, next to the pubic arch I think.  Also, I'm on my period. Unless some of you on the forum had linked it with the menstrual cycle, I might not have noticed the possible connection.

The buzzing is frequent and intermittent.  Today some of the vibrations have lasted about 2-3 seconds with only about 2 seconds between.  No pain, no pleasure, just weird. I agree that it feels exactly like my cell phone on vibrate.  When it first started happening I actually thought I was sitting on my phone.  

In the past, I have experienced some similar buzzing in the second toe of my right foot during the night.  Wondering if the "toe buzzing" might be related to my Tempurpedic mattress, I googled and found that others experiencing perimenopause have had similar sensations.

Here are some other stats about me that may be pertinent:
- I am 6'1", about 160 lbs.
- I have had some back and neck pain, but have no diagnosis for either.  
- I do not sit often with a laptop on my lap.
- I can't sense the vibration with my hand when I try to find it.
- I have a healthy sexual relationship with my husband.
- May be a coincidence, but I had just started keeping my cell phone on vibrate in my back right pocket of my jeans within a day or two of when I noticed the first sensations.
- I did some leg lifts several nights ago, which I'm not in the habit of doing--just thought I'd do some while watching TV.

I hope some medical student does a research project on this and figures out what's going on!  It would just be nice to know.  --Cathy

- I thought of one more thing:  I had hernia surgery (right inguinal) about 19 years ago.
My vibration has stopped.  BTW, I'm 57 and have had a total hysterectomy (ovaries were taken, too), but since I have IBS I thought it was a vibration in my colon.  Well, I guess I was kind of right!  (see above post)

The DO doc told me that when I get the vibration, to lie down on the floor, put my thumb of my right hand in my belly button and my little finger on my right pelvic bone (where it starts).  Then 1/2 way between the two is my ileocecal valve that connects the upper and lower intestine.  Using your left hand (fingers), press down and pull towards the belly button.  Hold for about 30 seconds, release and repeat.  This helps stop the spasm and close the valve.  

It worked for me.  Hopefully it will work for some of you!
Like all of you, I feel relief this morning from finding these postings.  For the past two days, I've had the vibration to the left and back from my vagina.  My first reaction (other than wondering over and over again whether my mobile was on vibrate), was that it feels circulatory.  It seems to be rhythmic with blood flow.  Here's who  I am:

48 female, not menopausal
hypertension on medication
Hashimoto's thyroiditis on medication
no back pain
computer user, but I don't use the computer on my lap
no significant changes in exercise or diet

I have another factor that hasn't been mentioned.  I've had a sudden and complete loss of libido.  I've had hormones tested, my thyroid's treated and all of my other labs look normal.  I'm now wondering whether there's any relationship with this new vibration.  Any body else experience this?

The vibration is driving me nuts...it's so distracting.  Like I'm sitting on a cell phone under my left cheek!
I'm glad I finally googled this and found that I am not alone.

I am 59, active, healthy, do pilates, do not sit a lot and do not spend more than 30 min daily at a computer.

I have the wierd vaginal buzzing that comes and goes - it seems to be mostly in the evening, when it gets really frequent, but can happen anytime during the day.  I had it a year ago also, then it went away until about 2 weeks ago.  I am a teacher and wonder if it is somehow related to year-end stress??  I would love to find out how to get rid of it.  I mentioned it to my doctor at my gyno exam last year and she had never heard of it.  
I tried the maneuver suggested by SusanJ70.  The vibration stopped and has not been back for 5 days.  A very easy fix, hope it lasts!  Thanks, Susan
I've had the same sensation. Having it now right below where my laptop is resting. I was worried this might be related to  an abdominal aortic aneurysm, that the buzzing is just the sensation of blood moving through the aorta. Still worried but will ask my doctor about it. It would be helpful if a doctor responded to these posts.
yah! I am not alone!  I am 23 and healthy (as far as I know) and woke up yesterday and was ironing when I noticed it.  I also thought it was my phone but it wasn't.  it has continued throughout the past 48 hours on and off but fairly consistent.  I really was worried about it but feel better now that i know its not some freak thing with just me!  Other than the annoying looking for the phone thing, I don't have any other strange symptoms.  I've had some friends tell me they had the sensation when they were pregnant, but it feel more like its in the pelvic bone than the uterus area, and I have my period right now so doubt I am pregnant.  
I did just meet a new guy who is making me think about a family and kids more than ever, so maybe my body is just trying to tell me something :)
Well, I first noticed this last night sitting at my granddaughters HS graduation. I am 72 and in good health. Treated  for low thyroid, have had a pinched nerve high up on my back....but that has been for a long time and this is new last night. I use a computer a lot but not on my lap, haven't bicycled in a long time.
Went for my cell phone in my purse on my lap several times. Boy! Am I glad to find all of you.
I'm glad I found this forum. I just googled "pelvic vibrations" and up this came.
It is a very bizarre feeling.  I just turned 59 2 weeks ago.  I also, like you SusanJ79, have had a total hysterectomy (everything).  A few days after my birthaday I was vibrating.  We had such a terrible lighting storm, very scarey.  My husband and I went to dinner and couldn't get out of the car due to lighting. We tried to wait it out but it didn't stop so decided to make a run for it from the car to the restaurant. I felt like the lighting just brushed me at one point (my hair stood up). 2 days later I started experiencing pelvic vibrations. Felt like my cell phone.  I thought I must have been touched lightly by the lighting.  I see now that's not necessarily the case (?), because I see I'm not alone.  Misery loves company.

They wouldn't go away.  I read SusanJ70 post and quickly went and tried her recommendation once.  They stopped!  OMG, hope they don't come back.  I'll do it again to make sure!  :)
I’ll let everyone know.

Thanks SusanJ70, it works.
Hi there,

Same here. Pulsing vibration front central pelvis area past few days.

I'm 28, better not be pregnant, menstruating and no pills or illness.

Have had back pain of late and my sacroiliac joint is out of whack apparently but is no longer giving me any soreness.

Bodies are strange machines alright!
Wow, me too, same vibration things going on in my lower right abdomen. As many have written, I too have back problems and I have been in physical therapy for three months. I have herniated discs and other stuff, maybe fibromyalgia too. I thought that maybe I was crazy, but unless all of us who are blogging belong in asylums, we all have interesting phenomona within our bellies. Sometimes I can actually touch the area with my hand and feel the vibrations; like feeling a fetus kicking....
How many of us mentioned working with computers when we are working, quite a few; what about laptops? Could we be receiving some kind of electrical impulses that stimulate our nerves??
Did anyone ever see the movie "Alien?"
  So we should give this a name....let's run a contest. We can vote on our favorite name for this syndrome. You know, like, I was just diagnosed with the "shake, rattle, and roll syndrome" (SRR) for short.), or, perhaps, "Buzzers Anonymous." We could have meetings, although they might get noisy; I mean al that buzzing at once could actually make a sound!
Okay, get out and vote. Meanwhile, if anyone comes up with what this REALLY is, please let us know. Probably the best source would be a gastro-enterologist.
Thanks,
Mary
Wow, last night I was glad to find you all. I am a 40 year old male in decent shape and about a week ago started noticing these weird vibrations. Over the next few days they became more frequent until last night while lying in bed I was convinced there was something wrong and decided to google (what would we do without google). Of course I found this forum. I felt much better and was actually able to sleep.
If any one can help me out here I just want to make sure we are talking the same thing. This feeling as best as I can describe it becuase it is so strange, feels like when you have a laptop on your lap and the hard drive starts up and you feel that whirring, slight vibrating feeling. Does this sound right to you all? Also, It now runs about every 5 or six seconds and last for about a second to a second and a half. I would appreciate someone out there confirming this just so I can completely rest easy ( I still will see my Doc though )
Thanks so much in advance and lets hope all of us can come up with something to 'cure' this !!!!
Todd
I'm 56...had hysterectomy 30 years ago...have a history of back problems...but haven't had any in years.  Sensation is roughly an inch below my ovary...comes in sequences of 10-20 seconds long...and feels exactly like a vibrating cell phone.

I had a massage after the first occurrence...concentrating on the nerve paths from my lower back.  It went away for over a month...just recurred as I was working at the computer.

I've got another massage scheduled next week.  Will see if it keeps it at bay
Astonishing!  I didn't realize so many people had 'cell phones' buzzing in the same places.  Add me to this enormous list. I'm 43, have a uterine fibroid, cysts on ovaries, and a thickened endometrium. On top of all this, I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (chronic pain affecting muscles and soft tissues) for about 9 years.  About a year ago, I had back surgery to remove bone fragments from a ruptured disc and was at this time diagnosed with degenerative disc disease.  I mentioned this to my gyn. about 2 years ago and was told it probably had something to do with the back and nerves.  I'm sorry so many people suffer with this but am glad to know I'm not alone.
I am just curious....how many of us are laptop users and how many desktop. I would bet that many of us indeed use laptops. Please post a reply and let me know your computer of choice and we can do a little scientific experiment.  Thanks
Todd
I am a laptop junkie.
Well, thats two of us so far. Its all coming together :)
Well I finally found other buzzers. Thank Goodness. I remember the first time i tried to explain what it felt like. I had to make an intermittant buzzing noise. i also used to check for my cell phone. I do suffer from lower back issues and neck problems. One time I noticed that if I moved my head in a certain position to went striaght to the buzzing feeling. Other times I have been able to relieve it by putting my legs up on some pillows. This does not always work though. A few times I found positions in bed that took the buzzing away from my vagina and it traveled to other areas like my foot or thigh and I was just so happy to get it to stop in that area for awhile. Mine started back up again a few days ago. I did have some relief for a few days which was very nice. It drives you crazy. I do believe mine is nerve related as I do have confirmed radiculapathy from my lower back injury. My back does not have to be hurting to feel this though. I am waiting for an appointmant with a new spine doctor so this is one thing I am going to discuss in detail with him. Hopefully I will some answers after I get an appoinment.
So we are not alone in this and we are not crazy either. It is just so annoying to be buzzing all the time and you can not answer this call. Take care all of you.
Chadry
Thank Goodness I found were I belong....my buzzing friends. I too get these buzzing feelings and have never told anyone for fear they might have me "put away". What with the mood swings and the hot flushes now the buzzing....Oh Im not alone, thank you, thank you, thank you.
I'm 19 and I too have this strange vibrating like sensation...it started a couple days ago and comes and goes.  Any idea what it is?