c-section 4 years ago what is wrong?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

c-section 4 years ago what is wrong?

I had a c-section almost 4 years ago (my third) and to I woke up and the area is red and smells bad. I am very good about keeping that area clean and dry.

So what is going on?

Thank you
You may have an infection. That's what happened to my friend. And trust me on this, if it was one don't delay seeing a Dr. Hers got very bad. It may not be this but you need to be seen!
i had a c-section 4 years ago too. i have never had any problems with my scar. i am not even conscious about keeping it clean/dry. i just wash as if it weren't there. are you certain the odor is from the scar? could it be coming from your belly button? i honestly do not know why it would be suddenly red and smell? have you had trouble with it all along or is this something new for you?
My scar is also red but not smelly.  It is very itchy though.  It has always been like that though so I just assumed that was normal.  Is it?
Do you mean you're keeping the scar area dry and clean?
Could it be possible the soap or body wash you are using is
causing that area to be irritated.?  This can cause redness.
I'm not sure about the smell.  Could you have some kind of
vaginal infection and the smell is coming from the vaginal
area?  Like the above posters said, your best bet is to see
your GYN and have him check it out.  
when did you have your c-section? the redness should go down after time and kind of just blend in with your own skin color. any type of scar can get itchy sometimes. that i believe is normal. may be dry.
My friend had 3 c-sections, last one 22 months ago. She says every couple of months it gets red and itchy, mine never itched. But with the smelling, I have to agree, have it checked out right away!
Go to the doctors -it maybe be a underlying infection NOT necessarly from the section. Usually anything reddened/warm to the touch, smelly can indicate an infection! Have it checked to be safe!
Are you overweight? I work in an operating theatre doing ceasars and the infected smelly ones are because they are sitting in a fat crease that never gets fresh air or dry (sorry if TMI!) So of course it gets an infection and smells. Better see your doctor to get rid of the smell and therefore the reason for it. If you are not overweight then im sorry, I don't know why this could be. 4 years is too though, better get it checked out.